TSA pats down naked woman in wheel chair, TWICE!

Nitrates. Which she now claims were from bacon or some such silliness.

Nonsense? Those nitrate tests are so prone to false positives from nonsense like bacon that most police departments do not use them, and some judges do not even think they constitute probable cause.

Quantum Windbag, I wonder if you realize how foolish you are being? All this agitation against security -- how are you going to feel next time a plane is blown to bits? I want everyone and everything searched -- NO exceptions.

Those with delicate little feelings can take the fucking bus.

Quantum Windbag, I wonder if you realize how foolish you are being? All this agitation against security -- how are you going to feel next time a plane is blown to bits? I want everyone and everything searched -- NO exceptions.

Suppose they do that, search everyone who boards a plane, even subjecting them to body cavity searches and medical x-rays. What makes you think this will keep anyone safe? How will you feel when a plane blows up despite all the efforts to keep us safe?

The difference is I understand that, even factoring in terrorism, I am more likely to die in my house than flying on a plane. All of this security theater is nothing more than propaganda designed to give people a false sense of security in an unsafe world, and has no more value than you promising you children you will not die before they are ready.

here's another question. Why in the background is dude saying to his friend "my phone can't get through this machine fast enough" They don't send phones or other electronics through the X Ray machine.

Since when?

brain fart, I was thinking of the metal detector, not the X Ray machines.

Well, they sometimes go through metal detectors, when people forget to pull them out of their pocket, or are unable to hang up for the short period of time it takes.

Just saying.

Suppose they do that, search everyone who boards a plane, even subjecting them to body cavity searches and medical x-rays. What makes you think this will keep anyone safe? How will you feel when a plane blows up despite all the efforts to keep us safe?

The difference is I understand that, even factoring in terrorism, I am more likely to die in my house than flying on a plane. All of this security theater is nothing more than propaganda designed to give people a false sense of security in an unsafe world, and has no more value than you promising you children you will not die before they are ready.

I wonder how many people who died on 9-11-01 thought the same thing?

If all security is fruitless because it cannot guarantee anything, then why bother arming police? Why bother locking doors?

This is specious logic, Quantum Windbag, and for the life of me I cannot understand why you are in such a twist over this.

If all security is fruitless because it cannot guarantee anything, then why bother arming police? Why bother locking doors?

This is specious logic, Quantum Windbag, and for the life of me I cannot understand why you are in such a twist over this.

Specious? Because I recognize that the government cannot do everything, I am being specious in arguing that we should stop doing something useless. Police serve a function in our culture, and they do as well as they can, but that function is not to prevent crime. The TSA is attempting to prevent something that, if someone is smart and determined, will happen.

Look at the Secret Service and their job to protect the president. They set up a perimeter, are trained to profile on the fly, and can saturate an area well enough to deter almost anything. They also have the best possible intelligence about dangers and risks, and each agent is trained to recognize a known danger instantly. Yet, if you ask them, they will tell you their job is impossible, because all it takes to kill anyone is someone willing to trade their life to do it. If it is impossible for the highly trained, very professional, Secret Service to guarantee the safety of a single man, what makes you think the TSA is keeping anyone safe?

I think that makes your argument specious, not mine.

I wonder how many people who died on 9-11-01 thought the same thing?

Everyone on flight 93. That is why they got together and charged the terrorists instead of waiting for the government to step in and help.

Since when?

brain fart, I was thinking of the metal detector, not the X Ray machines.

Well, they sometimes go through metal detectors, when people forget to pull them out of their pocket, or are unable to hang up for the short period of time it takes.

Just saying.

If you forget to take off your phone or even the clip you set off the metal detectors and are subject to more security. In the very least you are sent back through after striping the phone off which will be sent through the x-ray.

Specious? Because I recognize that the government cannot do everything, I am being specious in arguing that we should stop doing something useless. Police serve a function in our culture, and they do as well as they can, but that function is not to prevent crime. The TSA is attempting to prevent something that, if someone is smart and determined, will happen.

Look at the Secret Service and their job to protect the president. They set up a perimeter, are trained to profile on the fly, and can saturate an area well enough to deter almost anything. They also have the best possible intelligence about dangers and risks, and each agent is trained to recognize a known danger instantly. Yet, if you ask them, they will tell you their job is impossible, because all it takes to kill anyone is someone willing to trade their life to do it. If it is impossible for the highly trained, very professional, Secret Service to guarantee the safety of a single man, what makes you think the TSA is keeping anyone safe?

So your "logic" is that since TSA can't guarantee your safety they should do NOTHING? By your reasoning the Secret Service can't guarantee The POTUS's safety and therefor shouldn't even try.

Asinine QW and frankly I expect more from you.

So your "logic" is that since TSA can't guarantee your safety they should do NOTHING? By your reasoning the Secret Service can't guarantee The POTUS's safety and therefor shouldn't even try.

Not at all. My logic is that since the TSA cannot accomplish its mission we should go back to allowing airlines to handle passenger screening, and allow the federal government to concentrate on what it can accomplish, intelligence and risk assessment. But thanks for trying to figure out what I am thinking without thinking yourself.

Not at all. My logic is that since the TSA cannot accomplish its mission we should go back to allowing airlines to handle passenger screening, and allow the federal government to concentrate on what it can accomplish, intelligence and risk assessment. But thanks for trying to figure out what I am thinking without thinking yourself.

US airlines have NEVER done their own screening QW pre terrorism they didn't care who got on their planes.

Oh, and what exactly do you think they would do differently than the TSA?Not to mention that burdening airlines with providing their own security would mean a ticket from Branson to Las Vegas would jump from $300 to $3000 over night.

Forum List

Back