Try saying "I can't breathe" 11 times without taking a breath.

Yeah, it's funny.....medical personnel and emts rule of thumb is that if someone is talking/complaining/crying..they're breathing.

You don't know much about physiology.

Doesn't matter though.

Before being attacked and killed, Garner had broken up a fight and was not suspected of committing any crime.

And, even if he had been selling loose cigs, that's not a death penalty offense. Neither is resisting being assaulted by police.

No, it's not.

Medical professionals gauge whether or not a person is breathing, specifically, by determining if they can speak or not. If they can't speak, they know they are out of time. if they're talking, they know they're breathing.

No, it's not.

Medical professionals gauge whether or not a person is breathing, specifically, by determining if they can speak or not. If they can't speak, they know they are out of time. if they're talking, they know they're breathing.

They know they are getting some air. Not if they are getting enough air.

No, it's not.

Try talking to an asthmatic on the topic.

Yes, they can technically "breathe," but that doesn't mean that their pulse-ox isn't dipping dangerously low. If you're not getting a good amount of oxygen, then you feel it.

Eric Garner was clearly breathing. But it might have taken a lot more of his time and precious oxygen to try to stammer out, "I am not getting enough oxygen with each breath, and I feel like I'm suffocating."

What I find astounding is the character assassination of the dead goes on and on.

Trying to call the guy who died a liar...... smh.

2n6hxlc.jpg

No, it's not.

If they can talk, they're usually getting enough air. People who aren't getting enough can't talk.

See that's how they determine it.

You can always count on the "limited government" right wing to defend the over reaching police state.

Yeah, right. Cuz that's what a single cop using a choke hold inappropriately is. An overreaching police state. Yup that's it.

No, it's not.

If they can talk, they're usually getting enough air. People who aren't getting enough can't talk.

See that's how they determine it.

No, it means they are getting some air. That doesn't mean enough. And it doesn't mean that it will keep being enough.

I'll go with doctors on this. Nobody told me to wait until my kid couldn't talk to give him an asthma treatment. That would have been dangerous.

That fat walrus had some health issues. I am at a loss, do we need to have a animal control agent with dart guns and tranquilizers for hippos to subdue obese suspects now?

No, it's not.

You really should not talk about things like this as if you know what you're talking about.

As a former EMT, we are trained to assess a person's vitals. This is not a role call. It's not a simple matter of yes-or-no. A pulse can be present, but it's quality may be inadequate. Breathing may be present, but it's quality may be inadequate. In regards to an obstructed airway, the patient having the ability to speak does not mean that they are not in danger. An obstruction can reduce the amount of airflow such that unconsciousness and/or death may be imminent if the obstruction is not removed and full airflow restored.

That fat walrus had some health issues. I am at a loss, do we need to have a animal control agent with dart guns and tranquilizers for hippos to subdue obese suspects now?
You are a vile piece of shit. Hey, congratulations! You fit right in with a bunch of the other anonymous nutters on this board!

You are a vile piece of shit. Hey, congratulations! You fit right in with a bunch of the other anonymous nutters on this board!

Yes she is. But careful, don't get drawn down to her level.

No, it's not.

Try talking to an asthmatic on the topic.

Yes, they can technically "breathe," but that doesn't mean that their pulse-ox isn't dipping dangerously low. If you're not getting a good amount of oxygen, then you feel it.

Eric Garner was clearly breathing. But it might have taken a lot more of his time and precious oxygen to try to stammer out, "I am not getting enough oxygen with each breath, and I feel like I'm suffocating."

SInce he was well aware that he had this condition, resisting arrest was irresponsible. If black lives matter why do blacks treat them as if they were disposable ?

Forum List

Back