Trump Supporters: Does Donald J. Trump Ever Lie?

Does Donald Trump Ever Lie?

• I support Trump and I think he almost never lies

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I support Trump and I think he lies all the time

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I support Trump and I think he lies about as much as any other politician

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I don't support Trump and I think he almost never lies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't support Trump and I t hink he lies all the time

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • I don't support Trump and I think he lies about as much as any other politician

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
He's a pathological liar. He lies about even the most mundane, trivial shit. Why? It's his MO. It's how he keeps people perpetually confused about him, what he believes in, his stance, what he "says" versus what he "meant," etc. It's a highly manipulative tactic that is the hallmark of narcissistic, gaslighting sociopaths. It's how he gains compliance from his supporters.

If so, how much, and why?

Also, how much does it bother you, if at all?

I'm not sure trump knows he lies, that's what makes them pathological. He seems to be deluded, and wishes that the press is out to get him, for example, or that 3-5 million illegal votes were cast.

How does that bother me? Terribly, he has the power of life or death; trump seems oblivious to the consequences of his actions (tweets) or words.

I would say that 3 to 5 million illegal votes is a very conservative estimate.......

You mean "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor", "Benghazi was caused by a youtube video", "I will have the most transparent administration in history", "the Obama administration will never employ lobbyist", "We will close Gitmo", "the Partiot Act is in need of major reform and as president I will work to do just that", "we will never spy illegally on Americans", "we will have a civilian security force as well funded as the military", "we will eliminate all income taxes for seniors making under $50,000" or "we have shovel ready jobs all across the country" sized lies...

... or "I campaigned in 57 states", "10,000 people died in a Kansas Tornado", "I see many fallen heroes in the crowd", or "you didn't build that" sized lies?

Wow, you got all the talking points, simple as they seem to you, those who look into the comments understand a lie is not a judgment error, or a promise out of the speaker's control, or impossible to carryout given the pressures of the office (remember the Nixonian response to a lack of transparency: "nation interest and security".
  • Prove the catalyst for the attack on the Mission in Benghazi was not the video
  • Prove that Obama knew the insurance industry would prove that promise false
  • Prove he knew the R's would block the close of Gitmo
  • Prove he knew Republican Governors would sabotage the R&R Act

Almost as much as Hillary Clinton.

He just actually suggests policies that benefit our nation from time to time instead of never

I'm not sure trump knows he lies, that's what makes them pathological. He seems to be deluded, and wishes that the press is out to get him, for example, or that 3-5 million illegal votes were cast.

How does that bother me? Terribly, he has the power of life or death; trump seems oblivious to the consequences of his actions (tweets) or words.

I would say that 3 to 5 million illegal votes is a very conservative estimate.......

I conclude you are way out of touch with reality.

My wife and I may be on the voter list in more than one places; and yet we've never voted twice.

My wife was registered to vote in Milwaukee, in Madison, in San Francisco and now in the East Bay. I asked and she admitted to never asking that she be removed from a voting roster, and really never thought about it. I too was registered in San Francisco and Berkeley and now the East Bay, and I did not request to be removed from the voter roster with each move.

I always understood that any person who does not vote in a general election is removed from the roster. That may or not be true in every state, county or parish.

My wife and I may be on the voter list in more than one places; and yet we've never voted twice.

My wife was registered to vote in Milwaukee, in Madison, in San Francisco and now in the East Bay. I asked and she admitted to never asking that she be removed from a voting roster, and really never thought about it. I too was registered in San Francisco and Berkeley and now the East Bay, and I did not request to be removed from the voter roster with each move.

I always understood that any person who does not vote in a general election is removed from the roster. That may or not be true in every state, county or parish.

14 of the 20 states that the Hildebeast won had no voter ID law.......coincidence?

14 of the 20 states that the Hildebeast won had no voter ID law.......coincidence?
Dale I respect your opinions but are you going to tell me that voter suppression isn't carried out by republicans who do their best to hold the LEGAL vote down?? and that the millions of voters trump said who voted illegally is bs?

Dale I respect your opinions but are you going to tell me that voter suppression isn't carried out by republicans who do their best to hold the LEGAL vote down?? and that the millions of voters trump said who voted illegally is bs?

Oh, no doubt, Edds.....but the neocons went out of their way to help the Hildebeast win so they were not going to suppress votes for him. Those that might have been dis-enfranchised and turned away at the polls need to gather together and file a lawsuit.

Is there anyone past or present that has never told a lie?

This is President's Day weekend. Starting with the one who supposedly said he never lied to Agent Orange who never tells the truth.

The founding fathers are rolling in their collective graves.

You mean "if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor", "Benghazi was caused by a youtube video", "I will have the most transparent administration in history", "the Obama administration will never employ lobbyist", "We will close Gitmo", "the Partiot Act is in need of major reform and as president I will work to do just that", "we will never spy illegally on Americans", "we will have a civilian security force as well funded as the military", "we will eliminate all income taxes for seniors making under $50,000" or "we have shovel ready jobs all across the country" sized lies...

... or "I campaigned in 57 states", "10,000 people died in a Kansas Tornado", "I see many fallen heroes in the crowd", or "you didn't build that" sized lies?
So does Trump ever lie, yes or no?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

If so, how much, and why? Also, how much does it bother you, if at all?
In all sincerity, I don't know if he's actually lying in the traditional sense.

I think it's in the psychological makeup of some people that they can literally talk themselves into believing pretty much anything, as it is coming out of their mouth. I am not kidding. So if they believe it, at that precise moment, it's not technically a lie.

So I don't know.

Whatever it is, yeah, it bothers me quite a bit.

Last edited:

Oh, no doubt, Edds.....but the neocons went out of their way to help the Hildebeast win so they were not going to suppress votes for him. Those that might have been dis-enfranchised and turned away at the polls need to gather together and file a lawsuit.
good morning dale lol that's a good one ,,file a law suit against republicans when the courts are stacked with them? dem chances are slim and none and slim just walked out the door

He's a pathological liar. He lies about even the most mundane, trivial shit. Why? It's his MO. It's how he keeps people perpetually confused about him, what he believes in, his stance, what he "says" versus what he "meant," etc. It's a highly manipulative tactic that is the hallmark of narcissistic, gaslighting sociopaths. It's how he gains compliance from his supporters.

I'm waiting for the sanction truth to hit the wall and watch him squirm and try to lie is way out of that
did you hear about the bigly news about the bad news from sweden yesterday ?lol

Did you ever ask that of Obama's supporters? Didn't think so. Dismissed!
Ice can you tell us about the huge news out of Sweden yesterday a terror attack?? trump is a degenerate liar
I don't know anything about Sweden nor do I follow all the news across the globe all the time.

What is fascinating is the left pretends the right sees Trump as god and if he gets one thin wrong it's evidence that it's a false god. Maybe you guys elect gods but I damn sure don't. I vote for people who I agree the most with. I never ran across anyone I agreed with 100%. Apparently that's not true for lefties.

Seriously, who lies about things easily
If so, how much, and why? Also, how much does it bother you, if at all?
In all sincerity, I don't know if he's actually lying in the traditional sense.

I think it's in the psychological makeup of some people that they can literally talk themselves into believing pretty much anything, as it is coming out of their mouth. I am not kidding. So if they believe it, at that precise moment, it's not technically a lie.

So I don't know.

Whatever it is, yeah, it bothers me quite a bit.

That actually might be scarier...

I would ask, does this president ever tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

No, he's never told the full truth, ever.....it's ALWAYS embellished with lies....

He's the master of deceit and lies.....

We need to teach this old dog not to lie anymore.....a difficult task, but maybe God wants us to help him see the error of his ways, before he meets his maker?

Forum List

Back