Trump insults a war hero

Watch Donald Trump speak and then watch this man. The resemblance is uncanny.

Nonsense.

Obviously dishonest.

NOpe, obvious nonsense.

You Tea Party followers evidently need a strong leader to guide you.

Do you have anything to say that is substantial and relevant?

Let's watch another one of Mussolini's speeches for comparison. The characteristic Trump gestures are undeniable.

Nonsense.
Obviously dishonest.

NOpe, obvious nonsense.

Let's watch another one of Mussolini's speeches for comparison. The characteristic Trump gestures are undeniable.

i'll take that as a no.

Thank you for your honesty.

Watch Donald Trump speak and then watch this man. The resemblance is uncanny.

Nonsense.

Obviously dishonest.

NOpe, obvious nonsense.

Whereas you lefties will follow any snake-oil salesman with a (D) after his or her name.

Scared, ignorant, easily manipulated followers often seek comfort in a strong sounding blowhard like Trump. You can tell that your leader Trump takes his inspiration from bombastic assholes from history.

Last edited:
Obviously dishonest.

NOpe, obvious nonsense.

i'll take that as a no.

Thank you for your honesty.

I don't take you for honest at all.

Well then, let's hear your opinion of McCain. He is a hero? And why?
Already gave it. Do a better job following a thread you want to participate in.
You want me to weed through 181 pages to find your opinion, when I can just respond to the piece of shit comments you just made? What's wrong little boy you can't remember your own opinion?
You're a fucking moron to think I can't remember what I said. If you wanna see what I said, use the search and find it; you don't have to go through 181 pages. Damn, are you ever stupid to think you did. :cuckoo: If you don't wanna do that ... who gives a shit? :dunno:

And you have the nerve to slam Trump for being pissed at some one and saying something not nice?

REally?

RKMBrown's question was completely reasonable.

YOur reaction was not.
My reaction was based on his idiocy in thinking he could goad me with nonsense like me not remembering what I posted. You think that's not reasonable? Who gives a shit? :dunno:

Of course it was idiotic. Why do you think he immediately back tracked upon being called on it?

He did not backtrack upon being called on it. He immediately realized himself that he had mispoke.

He immediately realized it and corrected himself 4 times.

You libs have been lying about that by ignoring his immediate 4 corrections so that you can dishonestly slam him.

YOu have compounded this dishonesty by pretending to be so idiotic that you could not understand my above question and thus used your supposed stupidity to answer a question I did not ask.

You are doing nothing but the most base type of propaganda, where you ignore all responses and just keep making slanderous insinuations and vile out right lies.

Your behavior in doing this is far worse than Trump's, who slipped up while responding to questions about a grumpy old man insulting him.

Pretending that this little verbal faux pas means that Trump "loathes troops who get captured" is the act of someone who is afraid to discuss Trump or the issues honestly.

Why are you afraid to discuss Trump honestly? Is he that scary to you? Is he that impressive to you?
Of course he was called it it. As soon as he said it, the interviewer corrected him and repeated how McCain is a war hero. He back tracked because it was a stupid thing to say. And he did not correct himself. He acquiesced that McCain was a war hero for a reason of which he is not a war hero.

NOw you are trying to hold him to your strawman of "loathing troops who get captured" because he believes McCain is a war hero for a different reason than you do?

You know one way that Trump is a better person than you?

When he said something stupid, he immediately realized it, and backtracked away from it.

You are holding to your mistake.
Great, so we agree back pedaled because he said something stupid. That's what I've been saying. Next up, his idiotic claim that McCain was a hero for being captured .... I asked what was heroic about being captured and you couldn't answer that as well since there is nothing heroic about being captured. Instead of answering my question, you answered a question I didn't ask; that being, why was McCain a war hero?
Let me get this straight. You want to hold Trump to his words that he claims he "misspoke" because you don't understand his follow up words that he spoke when using irony to say McCain was a hero for being captured. Has irony always gone over your head, or is this just a problem that you have with Republican irony?
In typical fashion, you don't get it straight. No, my contention is that he didn't mispeak. He said what he truly feels -- that McCain is not a war hero. His follow up words, which were based in fiction, did not actually correct his initial claim.

Last edited:
Of course it was idiotic. Why do you think he immediately back tracked upon being called on it?

He did not backtrack upon being called on it. He immediately realized himself that he had mispoke.

You libs have been lying about that by ignoring his immediate 4 corrections so that you can dishonestly slam him.

YOu have compounded this dishonesty by pretending to be so idiotic that you could not understand my above question and thus used your supposed stupidity to answer a question I did not ask.

You are doing nothing but the most base type of propaganda, where you ignore all responses and just keep making slanderous insinuations and vile out right lies.

Your behavior in doing this is far worse than Trump's, who slipped up while responding to questions about a grumpy old man insulting him.

Pretending that this little verbal faux pas means that Trump "loathes troops who get captured" is the act of someone who is afraid to discuss Trump or the issues honestly.

Why are you afraid to discuss Trump honestly? Is he that scary to you? Is he that impressive to you?
Of course he was called it it. As soon as he said it, the interviewer corrected him and repeated how McCain is a war hero. He back tracked because it was a stupid thing to say. And he did not correct himself. He acquiesced that McCain was a war hero for a reason of which he is not a war hero.

NOw you are trying to hold him to your strawman of "loathing troops who get captured" because he believes McCain is a war hero for a different reason than you do?

When he said something stupid, he immediately realized it, and backtracked away from it.

Great, so we agree back pedaled because he said something stupid. That's what I've been saying. Next up, his idiotic claim that McCain was a hero for being captured .... I asked what was heroic about being captured and you couldn't answer that as well since there is nothing heroic about being captured. Instead of answering my question, you answered a question I didn't ask; that being, why was McCain a war hero?

Sure. He said something stupid.

He also immediately realized it and immediately walked it back.

In that he is a far better person than yourself.

Now you are rejecting his "Walk back" because you don't agree with it.

That's dumb.

So what if you don't agree with it.

The point is that he disavowed his earlier statement and corrected it.

In this, it appears there is some personal opinion in what reaches "hero".

You and Trump seem to disagree.

Please explain to me why this is important at all.
Umm ... you apparently didn't agree with it either. When I asked, what is heroic about being captured, you didn't have a single response. And how could you? Being captured is not heroic.

People who have been exposed to gamblers, hucksters, con artist and even drug addicts understand Trumps methods of conversation manipulation. It is why he constantly interrupts, drags on his conversation, persistently misdirects in the middle of making statements, etc. His favorite deflect is the phrase "...and by the way...". This allows the con man to deflect away from the topic and have a few moments to construct a response or change the subject entirely. Trump has found the sweet spot with his fans. All he has to do is appear rude, crude and like a tough guy and those fans are mesmerized.

That's dumb.

Umm ... you apparently didn't agree with it either. When I asked, what is heroic about being captured, you didn't have a single response. And how could you? Being captured is not heroic.

i have been clear that i think that he crossed the hero threshold when he refused to be sent home early.

but many people are more generous.

such as trump is being.

so, please explain to me why this is important at all.

Sorry, but this whole thing was blown way out of proportion by people looking to score political points.

I am a Vet of several wars, and I (intentionally trying NOT to speak for all vets) do not consider myself a 'hero' for doing my job, for fighting for my country. I do not consider a soldier who simply gets captured by the enemy to be a 'hero'. That is always a risk we take...it happens. If you notice, John McCain himself did not call himself a 'hero'. We military types tend NOT to do such things. Humility usually pretty much comes with the job.

As a military member and a citizen, I do not need 'hero worship' from a Commander-and-Chief, but I do exect a measure of respect and support. (It also helps when the President actually LIKES the US military, unlike the current President.) For instance, I appreciate the fact that the mantra 'no man left behind' was thrown out to justify paying terrorists for a deserter...but at the same time, where was that creed when 4 Americans were left to die in Benghazi. Even if a response team gets there 'too late', it's NOT to late to secure the bodies of murdered Americans instead of allowing them to be dragged through the streets of some God-forsaken village overseas.

We also welcomed home a deserter and placed medals on his chest like a hero, but now we are seriously considering filing criminal charges against a Naval LCDR (White) for returning fire against an Islamic Extremist who committed an act of war on US soil by killing members of our military? REALLY?!

Again, you don't have to LIKE me or think I am a 'hero' - just support me in doing my job, have my back, and take care of me as I was promised, whether I retire as a veteran or fall in combat.

That's dumb.

i have been clear that i think that he crossed the hero threshold when he refused to be sent home early.
That would be an appropriate answer had the question been, Why was McCain a war hero? But it wasn't. The question was, what heroic about being captured, which is not even necessarily specific to McCain.

I don't think it is all that important.

Sorry, but this whole thing was blown way out of proportion by people looking to score political points.

I am a Vet of several wars, and I (intentionally trying NOT to speak for all vets) do not consider myself a 'hero' for doing my job, for fighting for my country. I do not consider a soldier who simply gets captured by the enemy to be a 'hero'. That is always a risk we take...it happens. If you notice, John McCain himself did not call himself a 'hero'. We military types tend NOT to do such things. Humility usually pretty much comes with the job.

As a military member and a citizen, I do not need 'hero worship' from a Commander-and-Chief, but I do exect a measure of respect and support. (It also helps when the President actually LIKES the US military, unlike the current President.) For instance, I appreciate the fact that the mantra 'no man left behind' was thrown out to justify paying terrorists for a deserter...but at the same time, where was that creed when 4 Americans were left to die in Benghazi. Even if a response team gets there 'too late', it's NOT to late to secure the bodies of murdered Americans instead of allowing them to be dragged through the streets of some God-forsaken village overseas.

We also welcomed home a deserter and placed medals on his chest like a hero, but now we are seriously considering filing criminal charges against a Naval LCDR (White) for returning fire against an Islamic Extremist who committed an act of war on US soil by killing members of our military? REALLY?!

Again, you don't have to LIKE me or think I am a 'hero' - just support me in doing my job, have my back, and take care of me as I was promised, whether I retire as a veteran or fall in combat.
Thank you for your service.

That said....

Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Stevens was not left to die. A rescue team went in. Some of whom were killed themselves. And Stevens was not dragged through the streets. He was rushed to a hospital.

That's dumb.

That would be an appropriate answer had the question been, Why was McCain a war hero? But it wasn't. The question was, what heroic about being captured, which is not even necessarily specific to McCain.

i agree, it is not important.

so, to recap.

trump said something stupid in the heat of the moment, immediately corrected himself, and liberals, none of whom would have ever voted for mccain, are trying to make a mountain out of this molehill.

That's dumb.

so, to recap.

trump said something stupid in the heat of the moment, immediately corrected himself, and liberals, none of whom would have ever voted for mccain, are trying to make a mountain out of this molehill.
For a third time .... what is heroic about being captured ... ?

That's dumb.

so, to recap.

For a third time .... what is heroic about being captured ... ?

we have agreed that neither of us think that.

i thought we agreed that the fact that other people disagree with that is not important.

so why are you asking again?

Thank you for your service.

That said....

Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

Stevens was not left to die. A rescue team went in. Some of whom were killed themselves. And Stevens was not dragged through the streets. He was rushed to a hospital.

There were 4 Americans who were killed in Benghazi, not just Stevens. These 4 were abandoned to die. Do you know exactly WHEN that 'rescue' team went in? There was never a 'rescue' team - there was a 'recovery' team. The FBI was not allowed into Benghazi to investigate the 'crime scene' until days after the attack. It is amazing what people who are NOT 'in-the-know' think they know...because the media and their President told them so.

Faun said: ...

And you're welcome... I have served for a log time and continue to do so. Nothing I would rather be doing...for my country. (My point was the 4 did NOT have to die...but the actions both taken and NOT taken by this administration amounted to 'abandoning' them, BTW).

That's dumb.

so, to recap.

Revision on the recap: Trump didn't correct shit.

That's dumb.

so, to recap.

it's really nice the way you go to bat for mccain, but yes, trump did, repeatedly.

so, to recap.

it's really nice the way you go to bat for mccain, but yes, trump did, repeatedly.
Why do you chickenhawk cowards all have to lie about everything all the time?

Forum List

Back