Trump insults a war hero

People who have been exposed to gamblers, hucksters, con artist and even drug addicts understand Trumps methods of conversation manipulation. It is why he constantly interrupts, drags on his conversation, persistently misdirects in the middle of making statements, etc. His favorite deflect is the phrase "...and by the way...". This allows the con man to deflect away from the topic and have a few moments to construct a response or change the subject entirely. Trump has found the sweet spot with his fans. All he has to do is appear rude, crude and like a tough guy and those fans are mesmerized.

I understand the methods of manipulation used by ALL politicians. So what? I expect politicians to try to manipulate me, and I can't imagine they'd be very effective in that field if they didn't.

Any chance we could stop with the cult of personality bullshit and discuss actual policy positions now?
What policy positions? I was describing how Trump avoids describing policy with the use of hucksterism and con artist techniques.

Except he doesn't. He makes declarations of where he stands on issues. Perhaps you should try, I don't know, listening for content?

He makes declarations; well that's completely different. When do you suppose he'll get past the declaration stage and move on to discussion of actual details? Or do you think he plans to run a campaign based entirely on superficial rhetorical sound bites and bombastic bullshit?

Chuckles, EVERY politician makes declarations. They're called "campaign platforms". Did you just notice this phenomenon. As for details, we just had the preliminary GOP debate, for crying out loud. The entire point of the primary is to learn more about the candidates and how they plan to accomplish their platform goals. You act like the election is tomorrow. I think he plans to campaign, meaning attend debates, conduct interviews, and appear at townhall meetings.

Also, there's this nifty new invention called "the Internet". Have you bothered to actually research anything he has to say, or have you just been sitting back and listening to soundbytes, and then bitching because all you're hearing are soundbytes?

I swear, you're acting like all of this is somehow radically different from what happens with every candidate during primary season since ever, simply because it's Donald Trump.

Well then professor perhaps you can explain how the bombastic moron plans to communicate his fine distinctions of bullshit? Since he can't handle a debate or any kind of direct confrontation where he doesn't control the conditions, will he have to elaborate on his comprehensive plans to save America through the internet?

I understand the methods of manipulation used by ALL politicians. So what? I expect politicians to try to manipulate me, and I can't imagine they'd be very effective in that field if they didn't.

Any chance we could stop with the cult of personality bullshit and discuss actual policy positions now?
What policy positions? I was describing how Trump avoids describing policy with the use of hucksterism and con artist techniques.

Except he doesn't. He makes declarations of where he stands on issues. Perhaps you should try, I don't know, listening for content?

He makes declarations; well that's completely different. When do you suppose he'll get past the declaration stage and move on to discussion of actual details? Or do you think he plans to run a campaign based entirely on superficial rhetorical sound bites and bombastic bullshit?

Chuckles, EVERY politician makes declarations. They're called "campaign platforms". Did you just notice this phenomenon. As for details, we just had the preliminary GOP debate, for crying out loud. The entire point of the primary is to learn more about the candidates and how they plan to accomplish their platform goals. You act like the election is tomorrow. I think he plans to campaign, meaning attend debates, conduct interviews, and appear at townhall meetings.

Also, there's this nifty new invention called "the Internet". Have you bothered to actually research anything he has to say, or have you just been sitting back and listening to soundbytes, and then bitching because all you're hearing are soundbytes?

I swear, you're acting like all of this is somehow radically different from what happens with every candidate during primary season since ever, simply because it's Donald Trump.

Well then professor perhaps you can explain how the bombastic moron plans to communicate his fine distinctions of bullshit? Since he can't handle a debate or any kind of direct confrontation where he doesn't control the conditions, will he have to elaborate on his comprehensive plans to save America through the internet?

Again, just like every candidate in the history of ever has done. There is no amount of "But this is different because XYZ!" that is going to change this, when your XYZ is exactly what, in fact, every other candidate has ever done.

You just don't like that he's rude about it, which is not my problem. That really, literally is the only thing that's different, though.

Again, just like every candidate in the history of ever has done. There is no amount of "But this is different because XYZ!" that is going to change this, when your XYZ is exactly what, in fact, every other candidate has ever done.

You just don't like that he's rude about it, which is not my problem. That really, literally is the only thing that's different, though.
He's rude, ignorant and shallow.....shall I go on?

Do I want you to, or is it literally impossible to prevent you from doing so?

He did not backtrack upon being called on it. He immediately realized himself that he had mispoke.

He immediately realized it and corrected himself 4 times.

You libs have been lying about that by ignoring his immediate 4 corrections so that you can dishonestly slam him.

YOu have compounded this dishonesty by pretending to be so idiotic that you could not understand my above question and thus used your supposed stupidity to answer a question I did not ask.

You are doing nothing but the most base type of propaganda, where you ignore all responses and just keep making slanderous insinuations and vile out right lies.

Your behavior in doing this is far worse than Trump's, who slipped up while responding to questions about a grumpy old man insulting him.

Pretending that this little verbal faux pas means that Trump "loathes troops who get captured" is the act of someone who is afraid to discuss Trump or the issues honestly.

Why are you afraid to discuss Trump honestly? Is he that scary to you? Is he that impressive to you?
Of course he was called it it. As soon as he said it, the interviewer corrected him and repeated how McCain is a war hero. He back tracked because it was a stupid thing to say. And he did not correct himself. He acquiesced that McCain was a war hero for a reason of which he is not a war hero.

NOw you are trying to hold him to your strawman of "loathing troops who get captured" because he believes McCain is a war hero for a different reason than you do?

You know one way that Trump is a better person than you?

When he said something stupid, he immediately realized it, and backtracked away from it.

You are holding to your mistake.
Great, so we agree back pedaled because he said something stupid. That's what I've been saying. Next up, his idiotic claim that McCain was a hero for being captured .... I asked what was heroic about being captured and you couldn't answer that as well since there is nothing heroic about being captured. Instead of answering my question, you answered a question I didn't ask; that being, why was McCain a war hero?
Let me get this straight. You want to hold Trump to his words that he claims he "misspoke" because you don't understand his follow up words that he spoke when using irony to say McCain was a hero for being captured. Has irony always gone over your head, or is this just a problem that you have with Republican irony?
In typical fashion, you don't get it straight. No, my contention is that he didn't mispeak. He said what he truly feels -- that McCain is not a war hero. His follow up words, which were based in fiction, did not actually correct his initial claim.
Yeah cause you've never miss-spoke and you can read Trumps mind cause you're not human.

I think Trump represents all the finest attributes of his followers.

Last edited:
Of course he was called it it. As soon as he said it, the interviewer corrected him and repeated how McCain is a war hero. He back tracked because it was a stupid thing to say. And he did not correct himself. He acquiesced that McCain was a war hero for a reason of which he is not a war hero.

NOw you are trying to hold him to your strawman of "loathing troops who get captured" because he believes McCain is a war hero for a different reason than you do?

When he said something stupid, he immediately realized it, and backtracked away from it.

Great, so we agree back pedaled because he said something stupid. That's what I've been saying. Next up, his idiotic claim that McCain was a hero for being captured .... I asked what was heroic about being captured and you couldn't answer that as well since there is nothing heroic about being captured. Instead of answering my question, you answered a question I didn't ask; that being, why was McCain a war hero?
Let me get this straight. You want to hold Trump to his words that he claims he "misspoke" because you don't understand his follow up words that he spoke when using irony to say McCain was a hero for being captured. Has irony always gone over your head, or is this just a problem that you have with Republican irony?
In typical fashion, you don't get it straight. No, my contention is that he didn't mispeak. He said what he truly feels -- that McCain is not a war hero. His follow up words, which were based in fiction, did not actually correct his initial claim.
Yeah cause you've never miss-spoke and you can read Trumps mind cause you're not human.
Never said people don't mispeak. Never said I can read his mind. I'm going by what he said. His own words. First he says outright, McCain is not a war hero... then he says he's a war hero based on a bullshit reason -- meaning he's not a war hero. Even worse, Trump clarifies he like troops who don't get captured; implying disdain for those who do.

It was not a slip. Trump believes McCain is not a war hero. He said so. That's ok, many people believe McCain is not a war hero.

Last edited:

Many of the same people cheering for him now are the same ones who will be cursing him should he run as an Independent.

Never said people don't mispeak. Never said I can read his mind. I'm going by what he said. His own words. First he says outright, McCain is not a war hero... then he says he's a war hero based on a bullshit reason -- meaning he's not a war hero. Even worse, Trump clarifies he like troops who don't get captured; implying disdain for those who do.

It was not a slip. Trump believes McCain is not a war hero. He said so. That's ok, many people believe McCain is not a war hero.
Trump said he miss-spoke. Then you come around and say he didn't. Then you say you can't read his mind. Hmm... So either you are reading his mind and lying about your abilities or you are just a liar.

Trump said he miss-spoke. Then you come around and say he didn't. Then you say you can't read his mind. Hmm... So either you are reading his mind and lying about your abilities or you are just a liar.
Oh, that clears up everything.

You left out a possibility. Just so happens to be the possibility I embrace.

That he's full of shit when he tried to correct his initial idiocy. So look at that -- you're wrong yet again as I am neither reading his mind or lying. I'm going by what he said.

Even as he was trying to correct himself by saying McCain was a war hero for being captured (which is not true), he even doubted his own correction; saying, "And I believe perhaps he's a war hero..."

Just because you don't agree with his reasons doesn't mean they are bullshit reasons.

It means that Trump disagrees with you (and me) on the requirements to be a War Hero.

Big. Freaking. Deal.

That is keep going on about this is just because you are desperate to marginalize Trump, and hope that putting out enough spin can do that.

Many of the same people cheering for him now are the same ones who will be cursing him should he run as an Independent.

Well, D'uh.

Right now he is putting forth issues that should be front and center.

If he runs as an independent he will be assuring a Democratic victory, which would lead to the worsening of those issues.

That is why you want him to run as an independent.

Or they just throw whatever they can out there, in the hopes of something "Sticking".

Just because you don't agree with his reasons doesn't mean they are bullshit reasons.

It means that Trump disagrees with you (and me) on the requirements to be a War Hero.

Big. Freaking. Deal.

That is keep going on about this is just because you are desperate to marginalize Trump, and hope that putting out enough spin can do that.
You don't know what you're talking about. His comment on McCain did not marginalize him. Me talking about it here does not marginalize him.

Big. Freaking. Deal.

You don't know what you're talking about. His comment on McCain did not marginalize him. Me talking about it here does not marginalize him.

Just because you're failing doesn't mean you aren't trying.

Big. Freaking. Deal.

Stop reading off of the bumper stickers on your car.

Big. Freaking. Deal.

Doing a damned fine job of marginalizing yourself, though.

Big. Freaking. Deal.

Doing a damned fine job of marginalizing yourself, though.
Your delusions are noted.

Big. Freaking. Deal.

You are spending page after page attacking and smearing Trump, and what is the reason when we get down to it?

You disagree with his definition of hero.

This is not a real reason. That is not even a rationalization.

It's a semantic prop for you to hang your smearing and slandering on.

Forum List

Back