Trump insults a war hero

IMO, McCain rates hero status for refusing to be released ahead of others who's turn it was to be released.

Why do you ask?
I asked because the reason you gave, which I agree with, is not the reason Trump gave; as he fumbled to back pedal from his initial idiocy -- with bullshit.

And since he loathes troops who get captured, there's no way he considers McCain a war hero for getting captured. He was merely trying not to sound too retarded for staking a claim that most disagree with because even he recognized how stupid he sounded for claiming McCain is not a war hero.

if his initial response was so "idiotic", then why do you feel the need to create a strawman that trump "loathes troops who get captured"?
Of course it was idiotic. Why do you think he immediately back tracked upon being called on it?

He did not backtrack upon being called on it. He immediately realized himself that he had mispoke.

He immediately realized it and corrected himself 4 times.

You libs have been lying about that by ignoring his immediate 4 corrections so that you can dishonestly slam him.

YOu have compounded this dishonesty by pretending to be so idiotic that you could not understand my above question and thus used your supposed stupidity to answer a question I did not ask.

You are doing nothing but the most base type of propaganda, where you ignore all responses and just keep making slanderous insinuations and vile out right lies.

Your behavior in doing this is far worse than Trump's, who slipped up while responding to questions about a grumpy old man insulting him.

Pretending that this little verbal faux pas means that Trump "loathes troops who get captured" is the act of someone who is afraid to discuss Trump or the issues honestly.

Why are you afraid to discuss Trump honestly? Is he that scary to you? Is he that impressive to you?
Of course he was called it it. As soon as he said it, the interviewer corrected him and repeated how McCain is a war hero. He back tracked because it was a stupid thing to say. And he did not correct himself. He acquiesced that McCain was a war hero for a reason of which he is not a war hero.
? Are you saying McCain is not a war hero. Or are you agreeing with Trump that he's a war hero because he was shot down, captured and made propaganda films against his country presumably because he was forced to do so under duress?

I asked because the reason you gave, which I agree with, is not the reason Trump gave; as he fumbled to back pedal from his initial idiocy -- with bullshit.

And since he loathes troops who get captured, there's no way he considers McCain a war hero for getting captured. He was merely trying not to sound too retarded for staking a claim that most disagree with because even he recognized how stupid he sounded for claiming McCain is not a war hero.

if his initial response was so "idiotic", then why do you feel the need to create a strawman that trump "loathes troops who get captured"?
Of course it was idiotic. Why do you think he immediately back tracked upon being called on it?

He did not backtrack upon being called on it. He immediately realized himself that he had mispoke.

You libs have been lying about that by ignoring his immediate 4 corrections so that you can dishonestly slam him.

YOu have compounded this dishonesty by pretending to be so idiotic that you could not understand my above question and thus used your supposed stupidity to answer a question I did not ask.

You are doing nothing but the most base type of propaganda, where you ignore all responses and just keep making slanderous insinuations and vile out right lies.

Your behavior in doing this is far worse than Trump's, who slipped up while responding to questions about a grumpy old man insulting him.

Pretending that this little verbal faux pas means that Trump "loathes troops who get captured" is the act of someone who is afraid to discuss Trump or the issues honestly.

Why are you afraid to discuss Trump honestly? Is he that scary to you? Is he that impressive to you?
Of course he was called it it. As soon as he said it, the interviewer corrected him and repeated how McCain is a war hero. He back tracked because it was a stupid thing to say. And he did not correct himself. He acquiesced that McCain was a war hero for a reason of which he is not a war hero.
? Are you saying McCain is not a war hero. Or are you agreeing with Trump that he's a war hero because he was shot down, captured and made propaganda films against his country presumably because he was forced to do so under duress?
Neither.

Neither.
Well then, let's hear your opinion of McCain. He is a hero? And why?

Neither.
Already gave it. Do a better job following a thread you want to participate in.

What'd McCain do to make himself a war hero?
Well for one thing he didn't chicken out like Trump did.

Like I really believe your frillies are all in a twist about that.

You got a long way to go to convince me that the only thing you care about isn't just that *gasp* Trump is running as a Republican. If McCain was running for President as a Republican, I personally think you'd be leading the charge to pick apart his "war hero" status.

Yes, I know you're planning to hotly deny this. Let me save you the time and tell you that if you've already convinced me you're a hypocritical pusbag - and you have - there's no way I respect you enough to value your denial more than a fart in a wind tunnel, so you might as well save it.

Neither.
You want me to weed through 181 pages to find your opinion, when I can just respond to the piece of shit comments you just made? What's wrong little boy you can't remember your own opinion?

Neither.
You want me to weed through 181 pages to find your opinion, when I can just respond to the piece of shit comments you just made? What's wrong little boy you can't remember your own opinion?
You're a fucking moron to think I can't remember what I said. If you wanna see what I said, use the search and find it; you don't have to go through 181 pages. Damn, are you ever stupid to think you did. :cuckoo: If you don't wanna do that ... who gives a shit? :dunno:

"Not saying everyone who serves is a war hero. I am saying McCain is. And I'm saying Trump is a fucktard for attacking McCain's heroism when he himself evaded going to Vietnam."

I would be very interested in knowing what exactly McCain did that you consider heroic. As I said I fought in Vietnam and I am certainly no hero. Nor were most of the guys I served with. But there were enough who actually were that I hate to see the term (and their service) trivialized by those who simply don't know any better. Mr. Trump was correct: there is nothing heroic about being captured. At best it is at least somewhat embarrassing. And worse than that if you provide enemy propaganda while a POW.
Being captured in itself is not heroic but I view McCain as a hero for a) not revealing any information to the enemy despite being tortured; b) not giving the enemy the opportunity to use him, as the son of an admiral, as a propaganda tool; and c) mostly because he refused to be released early and ahead of other POWs to accomodate (b).

Your statement does not answer the question I asked.

"Not saying everyone who serves is a war hero. I am saying McCain is. And I'm saying Trump is a fucktard for attacking McCain's heroism when he himself evaded going to Vietnam."

I would be very interested in knowing what exactly McCain did that you consider heroic. As I said I fought in Vietnam and I am certainly no hero. Nor were most of the guys I served with. But there were enough who actually were that I hate to see the term (and their service) trivialized by those who simply don't know any better. Mr. Trump was correct: there is nothing heroic about being captured. At best it is at least somewhat embarrassing. And worse than that if you provide enemy propaganda while a POW.
Being captured in itself is not heroic but I view McCain as a hero for a) not revealing any information to the enemy despite being tortured; b) not giving the enemy the opportunity to use him, as the son of an admiral, as a propaganda tool; and c) mostly because he refused to be released early and ahead of other POWs to accomodate (b).

You asked two questions. Both firmly rooted in ignorance.

A majority of Americans (well those who voted) don't trust McCain - else O'Bumbles wouldn't be "president" just now. It's starting to seem that those same folks feel Mr. Trump DOES have a point.

IMO, McCain rates hero status for refusing to be released ahead of others who's turn it was to be released.

Why do you ask?

NOw you are trying to hold him to your strawman of "loathing troops who get captured" because he believes McCain is a war hero for a different reason than you do?

You know one way that Trump is a better person than you?

When he said something stupid, he immediately realized it, and backtracked away from it.

You are holding to your mistake.

Neither.
You're a fucking moron to think I can't remember what I said. If you wanna see what I said, use the search and find it; you don't have to go through 181 pages. Damn, are you ever stupid to think you did. :cuckoo: If you don't wanna do that ... who gives a shit? :dunno:

And you have the nerve to slam Trump for being pissed at some one and saying something not nice?

REally?

RKMBrown's question was completely reasonable.

YOur reaction was not.

You asked two questions. Both firmly rooted in ignorance.
Why would I ask questions if I knew the answers?

NOw you are trying to hold him to your strawman of "loathing troops who get captured" because he believes McCain is a war hero for a different reason than you do?

When he said something stupid, he immediately realized it, and backtracked away from it.

Great, so we agree back pedaled because he said something stupid. That's what I've been saying. Next up, his idiotic claim that McCain was a hero for being captured .... I asked what was heroic about being captured and you couldn't answer that as well since there is nothing heroic about being captured. Instead of answering my question, you answered a question I didn't ask; that being, why was McCain a war hero?

Great, so we agree back pedaled because he said something stupid. That's what I've been saying. Next up, his idiotic claim that McCain was a hero for being captured .... I asked what was heroic about being captured and you couldn't answer that as well since there is nothing heroic about being captured. Instead of answering my question, you answered a question I didn't ask; that being, why was McCain a war hero?
Let me get this straight. You want to hold Trump to his words that he claims he "misspoke" because you don't understand his follow up words that he spoke when using irony to say McCain was a hero for being captured. Has irony always gone over your head, or is this just a problem that you have with Republican irony?

Sure. He said something stupid.

He also immediately realized it and immediately walked it back.

In that he is a far better person than yourself.

Now you are rejecting his "Walk back" because you don't agree with it.

That's dumb.

So what if you don't agree with it.

The point is that he disavowed his earlier statement and corrected it.

In this, it appears there is some personal opinion in what reaches "hero".

You and Trump seem to disagree.

Please explain to me why this is important at all.

Why do all you chickenhawk cowards have to lie about everything all the time?

Let me get this straight. You want to hold Trump to his words that he claims he "misspoke" because you don't understand his follow up words that he spoke when using irony to say McCain was a hero for being captured. Has irony always gone over your head, or is this just a problem that you have with Republican irony?

Who would ever think of holding Donald Trump responsible for anything he says.....what a novel idea.

Why do all you chickenhawk cowards have to lie about everything all the time?

I challenge you to specify what my "lie" was.

Or admit that you just spew bullshit, asshole.

Who would ever think of holding Donald Trump responsible for anything he says.....what a novel idea.

And what would the form of this "holding him responsible" take?

HE immediately corrected himself.

This is about McCain insulting Trump and Trump responding.

If this is Trumps greatest error, than he is destined to be the greatest President of All time.

Forum List

Back