Trump: I Won't Attend White House Correspondents Dinner

President Donald Trump said Saturday that he will not attend the annual White House correspondents dinner this year.

The annual gathering, hosted by the White House Correspondents Association, is usually attended by the president, reporters from media outlets that cover the White House, and celebrities.

Trump’s announcement, which gave no reason, came after a sustained attack on the media. He recently called news organizations “the enemy,” and the White House on Friday excluded several major outlets, The Huffington Post among them, from a press briefing.

Bloomberg and Vanity Fair, which host one of the hottest parties in Washington the weekend of the annual dinner, have announced they would not hold the event this year. CNN, frequently criticized by Trump, has been contemplating sitting out the dinner.

The annual dinner also features a roast of the president by a comedian ― something that may not have gone over with the notoriously thin-skinned Trump.

Trump has been stung by the event before ― in 2011, when then-President Barack Obama roasted him. At the time, Trump had been falsely claiming that Obama was not born in the United States and was pushing him to release his birth certificate.

More: Trump Says He Will Not Attend Annual White House Correspondents

Gee, I wonder why. I believe the dinner is scheduled for April 29 or 30, 2017. I've seen conflicting dates. Will President Obama be there? I chuckle as I imagine him hosting the event after the roasting he gave Trump in 2011. Video below...

"TRUMP SHAKES IT MORE THAN TWICE, HE IS MASTURBATING"

You people are complete imbeciles.

Doc,

Tell everyone the last time POTUS failed to attend this event....

Nobody cares. Nobody but the hate filled Left that cries every time he takes a piss.

Why do you run your mouth?

There is absolutely nothing in your head.

Trump's absence isn't unprecedented, but he would be the first POTUS in more than 30 years to miss the event.Ronald Reagan was the last president to skip the dinner in 1981 because he was recovering from a gunshot wound after a failed assassination attempt, according to the Reagan Library. Although Reagan couldn’t be there physically, he still called in from the hospital that evening.

T-rump, mincing Quim.

Reagan was wrong to be so nice to people who were constantly working to undermine him.

Trump is not invited nor is he welcome why should he go?

Trump skipped that stupid dinner and look; everything is fine and nothing bad happened to anyone.

Much BS about nothing at all.

The event hasn't happened yet.

Nobody would mention his not attending were he not POTUS. Presidents generally attend the event because they know they need the press. A President's appearance at the event is just part of the relationship building. Given the fractious relationship Trump has with the press, one'd think he'd be dying to go and use the event as a way to help mend fences. After all, any good CEO, or just businessperson in general, knows that it's always about the relationship. The relationship isn't the only thing "it's about," but it's big part, very big.

Trump is not invited

He's POTUS. He is invited. As POTUS, he'd be the guest of honor at the event. As POTUS, he's "so" invited that he doesn't need to be invited. It's the White House Correspondent's dinner. As POTUS, there's likely no social event in the United States to which he cannot just show up unannounced and be welcomed in. As much as I can't stand the man, if he were to show up at my daughter's wedding, he'd be admitted simply out of respect for the Office of the President of the United States of America.

why should he go?

As previously noted (I know you may not have seen it):
A President's appearance at the event is just part of the relationship building. Given the fractious relationship Trump has with the press, one'd think he'd be dying to go and use the event as a way to help mend fences. After all, any good CEO, or just businessperson in general, knows that it's always about the relationship. The relationship isn't the only thing "it's about," but it's big part, very big.

Trump skipped that stupid dinner and look; everything is fine and nothing bad happened to anyone.

Nobody would mention his not attending were he not POTUS. Presidents generally attend the event because they know they need the press. A President's appearance at the event is just part of the relationship building. Given the fractious relationship Trump has with the press, one'd think he'd be dying to go and use the event as a way to help mend fences. After all, any good CEO, or just businessperson in general, knows that it's always about the relationship. The relationship isn't the only thing "it's about," but it's big part, very big.

That's the point.

THere is no mending fences with the press, not for a republican president.

They are the enemy of him and those he represents.

THis is a war.

The past, where republicans would pretend otherwise, never worked for them or for the country.

Fuck that shit. Fuck the media. FUCK pretending that our enemies are not our enemies.

Not if it is a losing cause.

Trump does better for himself and his administration by simply remaining at war with the media.

It is a sure way to keep his conservative base convinced he is a conservative no matter how much he crosses the aisle on major issues.

Trump is not invited

He's POTUS. He is invited. As POTUS, he'd be the guest of honor at the event. As POTUS, he's "so" invited that he doesn't need to be invited. It's the White House Correspondent's dinner. As POTUS, there's likely no social event in the United States to which he cannot just show up unannounced and be welcomed in. As much as I can't stand the man, if he were to show up at my daughter's wedding, he'd be admitted simply out of respect for the Office of the President of the United States of America.

why should he go?

As previously noted (I know you may not have seen it):
A President's appearance at the event is just part of the relationship building. Given the fractious relationship Trump has with the press, one'd think he'd be dying to go and use the event as a way to help mend fences. After all, any good CEO, or just businessperson in general, knows that it's always about the relationship. The relationship isn't the only thing "it's about," but it's big part, very big.
You have no proof...

Not if it is a losing cause.

Trump does better for himself and his administration by simply remaining at war with the media.

It is a sure way to keep his conservative base convinced he is a conservative no matter how much he crosses the aisle on major issues.
keep his conservative base convinced he is a conservative

ROTFL 16 Conservatives ran for POTUS and they picked the one they aren't sure is a conservative. ROTFL

....And conservatives have the nerve to use the term "libtard."

You got any more good jokes?

ROTFL 16 Conservatives ran for POTUS and they picked the one they aren't sure is a conservative. ROTFL

....And conservatives have the nerve to use the term "libtard."

You got any more good jokes?
Yeah, learn a little bit about politics, dumby

[
You claim he admitted to sexual assault.

I claimed no such thing. More Fake News.

Actually, yes you did:

"They let you" is not consent

We can only discuss what Trump actually said, not some nebulous accusations floating around in your head.

I said that for sure. And where did I say he admitted to sexual assault? I know you guys are Fake News aficionados, but please, don't drag me into world of misinformation, lies and deceit....

The fake media is out to get Trump. The dinner would only give them an opportunity to take more shots at him. You don't "build relationships" with a pack of jackals. You kill them. That's all that can be done with them.

[
You claim he admitted to sexual assault.

I claimed no such thing. More Fake News.

Actually, yes you did:

"They let you" is not consent

We can only discuss what Trump actually said, not some nebulous accusations floating around in your head.

I said that for sure. And where did I say he admitted to sexual assault? I know you guys are Fake News aficionados, but please, don't drag me into world of misinformation, lies and deceit....
If you that "they let you" isn't consent, then you are claiming he admitted to sexual assault. You apparently want to have it both ways..

So come again......what are the virtues of GOP inspired Corporate Welfare over the last 37 years?????

Churchill nailed y'all a long time ago. You're angry at others for you being losers. You don't accept responsibility. It's much easier for y'all to blame others.

Sniff....sniff, Trump is in for a Looooong 4 years!!!! It sucks to TRUMP!!!

Maybe so. But y'all proudly boasted that Bush Couldn't possibly win reelection either. And he went on to win pretty easily. So don't count your chickens just yet. There's a long long way to go.
Meh! Bush left office after 8 years with 35 percent approval rating!!! Come on dude you do better.

Polls mean nothing to me. Most have been proven to be Fake. Y'all boasted that Bush couldn't possibly be reelected. Yet he won easily. So don't celebrate Trump's 'demise' so soon. You've been wrong before.
Both Bush and Trump were elected thru voter suppression and voter purging. So yes both won by way of election rigging.

I want to be clear, because I have had a lot of lefties admit stuff and then pretend they didn't.

Are admitting that you have not or at least not always asked for explicit permission before initiating sexual contact?
I have never forced myself on any woman, and I have NEVER presumed to touch them without explicit invitation.

Do you have any daughters?

I find it hard to believe that you have actually never made a pass at a woman without explicit permission before hand.

Your previous post, ie "If she didn't reciprocate, I'd take that as a NO." strongly implied that you DID, presume consent in the past, and took her response as either consent or a signal to stop.

Which is completely normal. Of course, and exactly the type of behavior that Trump was describing.

No.....you're lying....you are comparing the ritual of a date with the opportunistic grabbing of a woman's private parts.

You seem to be missing the point of his bragging.

WOmen are impressed with Fame and more receptive than normal to the advances of a famous person.

Do you believe that? Or do you think that, say Movie Stars have no advantage when it comes to hitting on women?

This is one of those situations where truth doesn't fit the leftwing agenda, so it becomes a crime against humanity.
You must admit that Trump is one creepy mother fucker. Would I leave my attractive beautiful daughter - wife - gril freind with "Grab Em By the Pussy" Donald? I think not.

Trump will find that the next 4 years the country and the world will be skipping out on his presidency as well. When and as this happens you will hear Trump and Red State Amerika cry foul and no fair!

Forum List

Back