Trump Collapsing in National Polls to Bible Thumper

I'm thinking this is the end for Trump

I've said that before and it has never worked out that way. By every commonsense rule of politics any one of several Trumpisms from debate night tells us he should be toast and just the tiniest bit of political common sense tells us Republicans can't let him get away with shredding the Republican brand so completely in full view of America. The meme that GWB kept America safe and that Iraq was an essential war were unassailable bits of truthiness shielding the right wing from bloodthirsty ire which should have had Americans howling for impeachment of Cheney and Bush. Trump revealed the truth that lies were told to gin up anti-Saddam anger to the point that in 2003 70% of the country believed Iraq was responsible for 9/11and believed that the war was a righteous one of self defence. If I were one of the young men or women who had responded to those lies by enlisting and ending up in that brutal and ultimately futile conflict I wouldn't be voting Republican, quite the contrary, my heart and soul would be engaged in a battle to punish them into oblivion. And it's hard to imagine how blue and gold star mothers must feel listening to Trump call out that crowd who had lured their sons and daughters into Hell. No, the Republican establishment can't let Trump get away with this. Every Rovian dirty trick will have to be used along with every knife honed, to be inserted deeply into Trumps back. The only possible escape from Trump's revelations might be the numb, dumb, and deeply ingrained apathy that has kept Republicans docile so far.

I love this GOP field.

Trump leads. Find someone other than Trump! He's not a conservative.

How about Cruz? Ugh, no one likes that guy. Look at his face and personality. Look at his everything going on there. Ugh

How about Rubio? Gulpy Mexilover? No thanks. Boo hiss rabble.

Lol...How about Bu..uhh, Ben Ca...errr..Wait! HOW ABOUT KASICH? Can't go with him, he doesn't have that..yanno, that thing we need *makes YA GET IT hand motions*..hhaayy...Oh Hate! Yeah, He doesn't hate hard enough one way or the other. Boooorring.

Crazy
Then you woke up from your mushroom induced hallucinations and realized you will be saying, in less than a year, 'PRESIDENT TRUMP!'

that's what they said about romney.

again, you can't win an election while skeeving, women, minorities, gays and young people.

trump won't be president. and the bravado won't make him president.

he'd be a disaster.... and i'm not sure how he wins the country when he has somewhere between 25% and 35% of the GOP's 47% of the electorate.

and closed caption is correct... the only candidate you have that could win is the one who doesn't hate hard enough for the "base". kasich brings ohio. no republican has ever won without ohio.

That an Mt Frivolous Lawsuit will say and do anything they ask. They keep saying they are interested in if Trump "evolves" on an issue. All they want is a pat on the head from Trump and he'll say he's evolved and by god thats good enough. Forget the facts. He talks "tough" like a WWE wrestler so, yanno...thats cool.

WSJ/NBC Poll: Ted Cruz Overtakes Donald Trump Among Republicans

Here's how the six remaining candidates stack up, according to the poll:
  • Ted Cruz: 28 percent
  • Donald Trump: 26 percent
  • Marco Rubio: 17 percent
  • John Kasich: 11 percent
  • Ben Carson: 10 percent
  • Jeb Bush: 4 percent

"When you see a number this different, it means you might be right on top of a shift in the campaign," GOP pollster Bill McInturff told the Journal. He and Democratic pollster Fred Yang conducted the survey.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com WSJ/NBC Poll: Ted Cruz Overtakes Donald Trump Among Republicans
Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

i knew this was going to happen.., sooner or later, but sooner is fine with me..,
what say you.., those of you with common sense ?

They keep saying they are interested in if Trump "evolves" on an issue. All they want is a pat on the head from Trump and he'll say he's evolved and by god thats good enough. Forget the facts. He talks "tough" like a WWE wrestler so, yanno...thats cool.

Yeah, ideologues have a difficult time trying to imagine that a normal person might change their mind on anything.

This is one poll that is a huge outlier from all the others. I doubt there is much stock in it.

They keep saying they are interested in if Trump "evolves" on an issue. All they want is a pat on the head from Trump and he'll say he's evolved and by god thats good enough. Forget the facts. He talks "tough" like a WWE wrestler so, yanno...thats cool.

Yeah, ideologues have a difficult time trying to imagine that a normal person might change their mind on anything.

A normal person would be skeptical of someone who only claimed to change during an election year. But when the heart wants love it overlooks a lot of other things

Wasnt even an actual poll from a polling group. Evidence growing it was paid for by a cruz super pac.

aaand ...... Link? Or are you starting a rumor? I hear that's very popular.

"
Republican pollster Bill McInturff, who conducted this survey with Democratic pollster Peter Hart and his firm Hart Research Associates, says Trump's drop could signal being "right on top of a shift in the campaign."

"When you see a number this different, it means you might be right on top of a shift in the campaign. What you don't know yet is if the change is going to take place or if it is a momentary 'pause' before the numbers snap back into place," he said.

McInturff added, "So, one poll post-Saturday debate can only reflect there may have been a 'pause' as Republican voters take another look at Trump. This happened earlier this summer and he bounced back stronger. We will have to wait this time and see what voters decide."

This poll comes after other surveys -- both nationally and in South Carolina, the site of Saturday's next Republican contest -- show Trump with a commanding lead. But some of those weren't conducted entirely after the last debate like the NBC/WSJ poll. << (NBC)
Like you were yesterday about the Ted Cruz website? lol :thup:

NBC/Wall St poll? Get real

I guess since you don't read, you don't understand what the Wall Street Journal is and its credibility. Go back to Yahoo Finance.

As soon as you go back to Texas.....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Now sit down ya crazy lying old hag

Wow, not nice ..

Its on CNN today..

Ted Cruz tops GOP field for first time in new national poll - CNNPolitics.com

Yeah CNN is quoting a NBC/Wall St poll? LMAO Rueters has Trump leading by double digits and nearly every other poll does also

While I will probably back whomever wins the Republican nomination, I do not trust Trump to remain within the confines of the constitution any more than I trust Obama....

Rubios love for illegals means i will vote for hillary over him and cruz will lose staes romney won, so trump is the only choice.
They said Regan was to conservative to win as well.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Keeping in mind that I pay no particular attention to polls, may I ask what your issue is with this one?

NBC/Wall St is notorious for bias, always look for their agenda. Real Clear is using this poll and two others, this poll has Trump @ +2 the other two have him at +20 and +15.....Houston we have a problem

The problem is listening to polls at all, or the media, really. I pay marginal attention to both, particularly given how Cruz has consistently outperformed his pollings, and the media has subsequently buried the story.

Trump loves to portray himself as this beleaguered outsider, abused by the media, but the real story is who's getting reported on in detail, and who is the media assiduously ignoring and downplaying.

I guess since you don't read, you don't understand what the Wall Street Journal is and its credibility. Go back to Yahoo Finance.
WSJ = Open Borders, Business Visas and Off-shoring.

Which has what to do with how reliable their polling is?

They called a population of 400 people until they got the results they wanted.
The WSJ has been lying since at least the 1990s about what's good for Wall Street is good for Main Street.
Why should I trust them now?

So basically, you don't like what they stand for, which means you assume the ONLY reason they could disagree with you is because they MUST by lying - because everyone KNOWS that your opinion is received, incontrovertible truth - and therefore, EVERYTHING they say must be dishonest and unreliable.

Ted Cruz Overtakes Donald Trump in Latest Republican Presidential Poll
Ted Cruz Overtakes Donald Trump in Latest Republican Presidential Poll

Personally, I'd much rather see Trump prevail over this phony jerk who is using Christianity and the evangelicals, very much like Dubya did. Isn't one of these fake pricks enough?

People are starting to see more of our current president in Trump every day, and it's starting to scare the hell out of them.

People aren't very bright, then, because otherwise, they wouldn't just be STARTING to see it.

An obnoxious, petulant egomaniac is an obnoxious, petulant egomaniac, regardless of which side of the aisle he hails - or pretends to hail - from.
Don't talk about Cruz that way.

Oh, look, Indee thinks sounding obtuse is a clever argument! It really says something about leftists that their best idea of a winning argument is, "Har har har duhhhh, I'm stupid. Whut'd you say?"

Forum List

Back