Trump Collapsing in National Polls to Bible Thumper

Yeah, just like he was "winning" Iowa.
He barely lost, even after not even showing up for the debate there. That is actually quite amazing by itself.

He easily won New Hampshire barely doing any campaigning(which is unheard of there)and he has a similar lead in South Carolina, and then even bigger leads in a multitude of states afterward.

At this rate it would take a miracle for Cruz or Rubio to beat him in more than 2 states.

Uh huh. "Barely lost". Someone should have told him that while he was stomping his feet and crying about being "robbed".

For the record, he lost by by almost 4 percentage points in a state he was projected to win by a much bigger margin, in a field of 12 candidates. He won a comparatively liberal state. And two states ain't the election by any stretch of the imagination. Last time I checked, there are 48 others.

Frankly, the more that pussy whines and cries and tantrums, the less likely he is to carry anyone but his hard-core, wild-eyed cult worshipers.
Trump is winning in pretty much all of those remaining 48 states. He definitely has quite a bit of support where I live(in a liberal district no less).

He appeals to moderate more liberal Republicans, fiscal conservatives and many evangelicals as well.

His coalition encompasses all of the different factions of the party and then some while the other candidates are pretty much limited to one faction, that is why they can't beat him unless pretty much all of them drop out.

Trump is POLLING well in many other states. Not the same thing.

He appeals to small group of wild-eyed blue-collar drama queens who think the election is about having a national snit.

You might try looking at OTHER polls. Gallup's favorability polls, for example, which show him as having by far the least likability of the GOP candidates among Independents and Democrats. Interestingly, his likability among GOP voters pretty closely mirrors his actual voting percentages, which seems to me to say he's got his brainwashed followers, and that's IT.
His following is pretty huge if he can win pretty much every state with them alone.

You might want to look at Hillary's favorability polls, they are actually worse.
When he loses south Carolina trump will melt down in epic fashion ...... think Howard Dean

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

He barely lost, even after not even showing up for the debate there. That is actually quite amazing by itself.

He easily won New Hampshire barely doing any campaigning(which is unheard of there)and he has a similar lead in South Carolina, and then even bigger leads in a multitude of states afterward.

At this rate it would take a miracle for Cruz or Rubio to beat him in more than 2 states.

Uh huh. "Barely lost". Someone should have told him that while he was stomping his feet and crying about being "robbed".

For the record, he lost by by almost 4 percentage points in a state he was projected to win by a much bigger margin, in a field of 12 candidates. He won a comparatively liberal state. And two states ain't the election by any stretch of the imagination. Last time I checked, there are 48 others.

Frankly, the more that pussy whines and cries and tantrums, the less likely he is to carry anyone but his hard-core, wild-eyed cult worshipers.
Trump is winning in pretty much all of those remaining 48 states. He definitely has quite a bit of support where I live(in a liberal district no less).

He appeals to moderate more liberal Republicans, fiscal conservatives and many evangelicals as well.

His coalition encompasses all of the different factions of the party and then some while the other candidates are pretty much limited to one faction, that is why they can't beat him unless pretty much all of them drop out.

He appeals to small group of wild-eyed blue-collar drama queens who think the election is about having a national snit.

You might try looking at OTHER polls. Gallup's favorability polls, for example, which show him as having by far the least likability of the GOP candidates among Independents and Democrats. Interestingly, his likability among GOP voters pretty closely mirrors his actual voting percentages, which seems to me to say he's got his brainwashed followers, and that's IT.
His following is pretty huge if he can win pretty much every state with them alone.

You might want to look at Hillary's favorability polls, they are actually worse.

No, his following is 1/4 of the GOP voters. The only reason he's won ONE state with them is because there are so many candidates in the field. He's not going to win the election with that, and there's not a lot of indication that he's going to draw in a lot more people who don't already support him.

And actually, there was a poll that asked which candidate was scariest, and Trump scored two percentage points higher than Clinton did. Will post it when I locate it again.

EDIT: I found it, and I misremembered the numbers.

It was a USA Today/Suffolk poll. The question was four options for each candidate: enthusiastic, satisfied, dissatisfied or scared.

38% of likely voters would be scared if the real-estate mogul won the GOP nomination — including not only 62% of Democrats but also 17% of Republicans. A third of independents, 33%, feel that way. And for Clinton, a former secretary of State, 33% would be scared — including 60% of Republicans and also 8% of Democrats. Just over a third of independents, 35%, agree.

I'd call Trump's lack of likability a dead heat with Clinton's.

USA TODAY/Suffolk Poll: Reaction by some to Trump and Clinton? Fear
Clinton has the media behind her padding her insanity. Trump will destroy her and Bernie.

When he loses south Carolina trump will melt down in epic fashion ...... think Howard Dean

There is pretty much a 0% chance of that happening.

No, his following is 1/4 of the GOP voters. The only reason he's won ONE state with them is because there are so many candidates in the field. He's not going to win the election with that, and there's not a lot of indication that he's going to draw in a lot more people who don't already support him.

And actually, there was a poll that asked which candidate was scariest, and Trump scored two percentage points higher than Clinton did. Will post it when I locate it again.

It was a USA Today/Suffolk poll. The question was four options for each candidate: enthusiastic, satisfied, dissatisfied or scared.

38% of likely voters would be scared if the real-estate mogul won the GOP nomination — including not only 62% of Democrats but also 17% of Republicans. A third of independents, 33%, feel that way. And for Clinton, a former secretary of State, 33% would be scared — including 60% of Republicans and also 8% of Democrats. Just over a third of independents, 35%, agree.

Speaking as an Independent. I don't know who is more annoying ...Trumps supporters or Hillary's.

Clinton has the media behind her padding her insanity. Trump will destroy her and Bernie.

Hold your breath waiting.

Speaking as an Independent. I don't know who is more annoying ...Trumps supporters or Hillary's.

Flip a coin. Seems to work for Democrats.

The new polls out show Trump way ahead in SC, so with the following primaries over the following weeks through March 1, Trump will take a commanding lead in delegates, then once he has the nomination he will turn his acid one liners on Hillary or Sanders and melt them like an old chewed up toy soldier.

Libs and neocons should get used to hearing and saying 'President Trump!'

Bernie's.

The predictive algorithms are showing:
Trump is so far ahead in SC it will be a cakewalk.
He'll take Nevada easily as well.
In Georgia, Trump vs. Rubio, and Oklahoma Trump vs. Cruz will both be close
Trump is way ahead in Florida
Cruz of course will take Texas
Trump and Cruz are in a virtual tie in California

Then the RNC steps in and selects their golden boy Roboto Rubio over the will of the voters, and Republicans revolt by not showing up at the polls on Election Day. :)

Yeah, just like he was "winning" Iowa.

No they are not.

Trump recently recorded the highest negative favorability in Gallup's polling history, ever.

He has by far the least cross-over appeal to independents and Democrats of all the Republican candidates, and consistently does worse in head-to-head match-ups v Hillary and Bernie than either Rubio and Cruz.

Anyone thinking he's the best candidate is living on hope right now.

Then the RNC steps in and selects their golden boy Roboto Rubio over the will of the voters, and Republicans revolt by not showing up at the polls on Election Day. :)

Trump's ahead because a third of Republicans will vote for him even if he strangles a kitten on live TV and there are lots of candidates.

In straight up head to head match ups against Rubio or Cruz, he trails badly.

The Republican Party doesn't want him.

Why is this even a topic anymore?

Poll was bogus. Fox poll Feb 15-17, Trump exactly where every other poll but this one says he is.

Fox New Poll Republican 02-18-16.png

/thread

Trump's ahead because a third of Republicans will vote for him even if he strangles a kitten on live TV and there are lots of candidates.

The Republican Party seems to want Trump more than they want anyone else.

If folks really wanted those other guys, they would vote for them.

They aren't.

The Republican Party seems to want Trump more than they want anyone else.

If folks really wanted those other guys, they would vote for them.

They aren't.

A third of the party wants him very, very badly.

The rest don't.

That's why he's nobody's second choice as a candidate, why Rubio and Cruz beat him easily in head-to-head match-ups, why he consistently does worse against Hillary and Bernie than Rubio or Cruz, why he has the highest negatives of all time, and why he has by the far the least cross-over appeal of all the Republican candidates.

A third of the party wants him very, very badly.

The rest don't.

That's why he's nobody's second choice as a candidate, why Rubio and Cruz beat him easily in head-to-head match-ups, why he consistently does worse against Hillary and Bernie than Rubio or Cruz, why he has the highest negatives of all time, and why he has by the far the least cross-over appeal of all the Republican candidates.

Bah. Romney won New Hampshire with 39% of the vote. Trump won it with 35%.

Romney got 27% of the vote in South Carolina. Trump is going to win it by 35+%.

So, really...that is a terrible argument, and one you would never had made in 2012, when you were very much in the Romney camp. Trump is doing better than Romney.

Trump has much more crossover appeal than any of the other candidates, especially against Hillary. Against Sanders, I'm not as sure.

I have nothing against Cruz...but Cruz cannot win the General election. Rubio the robot isn't ready yet. Bush can't win, place or show even in his own parties primary. Kasich? C'mon.

Trump is the best bet to win. He has the momentum, he has the enthusiasm.

Lastly...if you believe that getting others out of the primary process gives your candidate a better shot against Trump, should you not be pressuring them out of the race.

This negative attack regime has gotten you what? A Trump second in Iowa, a Trump win in New Hampshire, a 93% probability of a Trump landslide in South Carolina...a "winner take all" state. An 80% probability of a Trump win in Nevada.

Perhaps it's time you reevaluated your strategy...or don't. I honestly don't believe it is going to matter either way. Winning beget winning. You should get used to the idea that Trump is going to be the nominee.

tl;dr? Trump is doing better than Romney 2012 and Trump already well on his way to being the nominee.

Last edited:

There is pretty much a 0% chance of that happening.
Like there was zero chance of him losing Iowa? There are not enough abortion loving liberals in south Carolina for him to win in my opinion

Aren't they the same people?

The new polls out show Trump way ahead in SC, so with the following primaries over the following weeks through March 1, Trump will take a commanding lead in delegates, then once he has the nomination he will turn his acid one liners on Hillary or Sanders and melt them like an old chewed up toy soldier.

Libs and neocons should get used to hearing and saying 'President Trump!'
I am sure your trailer park will be the deciding factor

Forum List

Back