Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured'

Trump is right. McCain is no war hero, and John McCain himself publicly stated that he is no war hero.

And it was McCain's own fault that he was captured. Against orders, he flew too low. Probably because he was flying drunk again.

You know how those Mavericks are.

Politically? Often ineffective jerks.

In aircraft? Often dead, along with others.
He crashed multiple planes due to pilot error.
Nope

Trump is right. McCain is no war hero, and John McCain himself publicly stated that he is no war hero.

And it was McCain's own fault that he was captured. Against orders, he flew too low. Probably because he was flying drunk again.

If you flew high you got a flying telephone up your ass. If you flew just right you got AA up your ass. If you flew too low you got a piece of jungle up your intake. Flying low actually was safer and you entered into the last part of your mission profile flying low in either a A-6 or an A-7. If he was too low, like you said he was, he would be taxiing on the roads because that at times they were just above that altitude to avoid getting AA fire. But it all depended on the mission profile.

The real problem was, the pilots flew the same mission profiles each and every time without deviation. They could jinx but that was about it. The Enemy knew they were coming, where they were, what altitude, their speed, their targets before hand. And they threw up a wall of AA fire that those pilots had to fly through every time.

And if you think the Navy had it bad with the A-6 and A-7, the AF had it worse with the F-105. The Air Force ran out of Pilots and ended up retraining bomber and cargo pilots. In the end, they ran out of F-105s. Flying the same route, the same altitude, the same time each and every time. And they did it at a higher altitude where the Sams along with the Anti Aircraft Guns were a factor.

In 1969, the missions changed and the Navy began loosing a lot less pilots and planes when they could change the mission profiles. The Air Force also lost a whole lot less planes and pilots. But to give you an idea, There were more Hanoi Hilton Visitors that flew F-105s than any other type of Aircraft. At lest the 105 had the altitude to punch out. The A-7 didn't always have that luxury.

You anti idjits are just making it up as you go.

Nope
Your ignorance of history is showing. Why are you denying the facts?

Why do you leftists constantly base your opinions on lies?

Pilots are typically pretty steely type guys. They can keep their shit together. McTumor seemed to emotionally unstable to be flying kites let alone war planes. Daddy must have been very well connected indeed.

Any pilot that can routinely land a fighter on a Carrier IS a steely type of guy. And McCain was a Carrier Pilot. Once again, your cracked history is a big ball of crap.

Not arguing with you, but keep in mind that The Donald is peppered with "gotcha" questions constantly, and he frequently answers "off the cuff." And the Media always takes him literally, but not seriously. Who could endure this and not occasionally say something stupid or reckless or hurtful (to someone)?

OTOH, Biden vomits up idiocies constantly and the only people catching it and reporting it are second tier conservative outlets (Breitbart).

Nope

You should probably provide links, if rhey exist, to all those multiple pilot error crashes McCain caused. Otherwise folks will believe you are lying.

Nope

More RW Propaganda

Not arguing with you, but keep in mind that The Donald is peppered with "gotcha" questions constantly, and he frequently answers "off the cuff." And the Media always takes him literally, but not seriously. Who could endure this and not occasionally say something stupid or reckless or hurtful (to someone)?

OTOH, Biden vomits up idiocies constantly and the only people catching it and reporting it are second tier conservative outlets (Breitbart).
Agree.....with Donald J Trump, every question is a gotcha question

Nope

You should probably provide links, if rhey exist, to all those multiple pilot error crashes McCain caused. Otherwise folks will believe you are lying.

I never heard of any mishaps, other than his getting shot down, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen. I heard that he was more of a smart ass and discipline problem and relied on his Father, an Admiral to get him out of hot water.

Nope

I never heard of any mishaps, other than his getting shot down, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen. I heard that he was more of a smart ass and discipline problem and relied on his Father, an Admiral to get him out of hot water.
Well, that is nowhere near accusing him of crashing multiple aircraft. You know, carrier pilots have a reputation for being smart asses and discipline problems. Probably has something to do with having extremely dangerous jobs requiring great skill.

Nope

Well, that is nowhere near accusing him of crashing multiple aircraft. You know, carrier pilots have a reputation for being smart asses and discipline problems. Probably has something to do with extremely dangerous jobs requiring great skill.

Again, I have never heard, nor seen any evidence of McCain "crashing multiple aircraft". Naval aviators are largely disciplined professionals, and not discipline problems. Of course there are exceptions.

Well, that is nowhere near accusing him of crashing multiple aircraft. You know, carrier pilots have a reputation for being smart asses and discipline problems. Probably has something to do with extremely dangerous jobs requiring great skill.

Again, I have never heard, nor seen any evidence of McCain "crashing multiple aircraft". Naval aviators are largely disciplined professionals, and not discipline problems. Of course there are exceptions.
Perhaps I am confusing "discipline problem" with attitude, but hey, you are or were a pilot, so you would know better than me.

What sort of exceptions? Would having a daddy and grandpappy who were Admirals count as an exception?

Nope

I know you don't seem to post here often, but the regulars here know that my policy is to never lie in this forum. Since I do not ever lie in this forum you can consider me to be an impeccable source. That's just how I roll.

Nope

Well, that is nowhere near accusing him of crashing multiple aircraft. You know, carrier pilots have a reputation for being smart asses and discipline problems. Probably has something to do with having extremely dangerous jobs requiring great skill.

Or they have daddy make them a billet.

Nope

I know you don't seem to post here often, but the regulars here know that my policy is to never lie in this forum. Since I do not ever lie in this forum you can consider me to be an impeccable source. That's just how I roll.
OK, but I am not aware of all those multiple times McCain crashed his aircraft, so maybe you are just mistaken.

Nope

OK, but I am not aware of all those multiple times McCain crashed his aircraft, so maybe you are just mistaken.
Maybe you've never read the pages of his book where he admits that he crashed multiple planes.

One time he even crashed a plane right into some power lines in Europe and caused a massive blackout.

War hero? Seriously? John McCain himself unequivocally said that he was no war hero.

Last edited:

Maybe you've never read the pages of his book where he admits that he crashed multiple planes.

One time he even crashed a plane right into some power lines in Europe and caused a massive blackout.

War hero? Seriously? John McCain himself unequivocally said that he was no war hero.

I served for a Chief of Mantenance in Germany that was an old Nickel Pilot that spent a few years in the Hanoi Hilton. I looked up to him as a hero. But if you ever asked him, he would get embarrassed and deny being a hero. But, trust me, to the rest of us, He was a real hero. Those guys never thought of themselves as heroes. Real Heroes never do. It's the fake ones that will claim to be Heroes.

You didn't read his book, or have very poor reading comprehension. He did not crash or damage his aircraft in the incident. He did land his plane with a hundred feet of wire dragging behind the plane. Ehar are the other incidents you think you read about?

You didn't read his book, or have very poor reading comprehension. He did not crash or damage his aircraft in the incident. He did land his plane with a hundred feet of wire dragging behind the plane. Ehar are the other incidents you think you read about?
:rolleyes:

No, I didn't crash into any power lines, What's that? Those cables must have just followed me, I swear I didn't crash into them. :lol:

Forum List

Back