"Truly, Alabama"

Mike Dwight

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2017
There's a local news segment around locally with a catch phrase "Truly Alabama". Whenever some creek or a gazebo catches some newscaster's fancy, there's a segment called "Truly Alabama" about it.

I've never seen anyone stop putting down Alabama long enough to consider an acceptable and non-racist history of Alabama. I'd blame Governor George Wallace alone. I'm studied in a singular Alabama History course and expanding from there. As I list a few things, please think of how these can be seen as Universal, affirming principles, and long lasting history.

In 1810 the Georgia Territory was split into Alabama considering this gives the Southern States more power in the Senate. Nearly all towns and cities have a namesake equivalent in England; Montgomery, Scottsboro, Birmingham. Birmingham was a boomtown after the Civil War from a few steel mills that were not destroyed by the Union. Mobile was a far-flung port taken from the Spanish.

Andrew Jackson was a very sympathetic President specifically mentioning the border Integrity of Alabama during Indian Removal. However, I did not hear any real mention of Scotsmen themselves until then. Scotland however, is where the Confederate forces came up with the Blood Stained Banner, or the 2nd Confederate flag, becoming official after the death of Scotsman Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. This movie Birth of a Nation came out almost side-by-side with the adoption of the Alabama flag. The early 1900's also saw the adoption of the current Alabama constitution chaired by John Knox as would be the ancient Scottish convention.

Starting at 2:32:41 we can see a popular and widely accepted belief about the meaning of the Dixie flag from people in this timeperiod, which is important. " Brethren, this flag bears the red stain of the life of a Southern woman, a priceless sacrifice on the altar of an outraged civilization. Here I raise the ancient symbol of an unconquered race of men, the fiery cross of old Scotland's hills... I quench its flames in the sweetest blood that ever stained the sands of Time!"

Also at the same time as our current flag, our current constitution, is our current Civil War memorial on the Capitol, captioned roughly 'The Knightliest of the Knightly race who , by the lamps of old, have singed chivalry in hearts of gold'. I think we, the Anglo Saxon settlers may have already viewed the new Black immigrant as "unfaithful" or "unwelcome" but I thoroughly don't understand the every-man's Methodist George Wallace agenda. I never actually heard George Wallace talk down the Black Citizen, however, I'm still with the popular media in not really feeling like he was trying on that Civil War centennial. I heard that 1,100,000 was the size of those men who served in the Confederate Army. If there were 2.5 million free Southern White men eligible, the 250,000 of Alabama would be above average, according to the memorial at 125,000 in service.

Alabama revenue at that time was one-third Slave Property Taxes. Current Governors tend to playfully swear off 'moving that train backward, it always goes forward'. Any thoughts? Thanks.

There's a local news segment around locally with a catch phrase "Truly Alabama". Whenever some creek or a gazebo catches some newscaster's fancy, there's a segment called "Truly Alabama" about it.

I've never seen anyone stop putting down Alabama long enough to consider an acceptable and non-racist history of Alabama. I'd blame Governor George Wallace alone. I'm studied in a singular Alabama History course and expanding from there. As I list a few things, please think of how these can be seen as Universal, affirming principles, and long lasting history.

In 1810 the Georgia Territory was split into Alabama considering this gives the Southern States more power in the Senate. Nearly all towns and cities have a namesake equivalent in England; Montgomery, Scottsboro, Birmingham. Birmingham was a boomtown after the Civil War from a few steel mills that were not destroyed by the Union. Mobile was a far-flung port taken from the Spanish.

Andrew Jackson was a very sympathetic President specifically mentioning the border Integrity of Alabama during Indian Removal. However, I did not hear any real mention of Scotsmen themselves until then. Scotland however, is where the Confederate forces came up with the Blood Stained Banner, or the 2nd Confederate flag, becoming official after the death of Scotsman Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson. This movie Birth of a Nation came out almost side-by-side with the adoption of the Alabama flag. The early 1900's also saw the adoption of the current Alabama constitution chaired by John Knox as would be the ancient Scottish convention.

Starting at 2:32:41 we can see a popular and widely accepted belief about the meaning of the Dixie flag from people in this timeperiod, which is important. " Brethren, this flag bears the red stain of the life of a Southern woman, a priceless sacrifice on the altar of an outraged civilization. Here I raise the ancient symbol of an unconquered race of men, the fiery cross of old Scotland's hills... I quench its flames in the sweetest blood that ever stained the sands of Time!"

Also at the same time as our current flag, our current constitution, is our current Civil War memorial on the Capitol, captioned roughly 'The Knightliest of the Knightly race who , by the lamps of old, have singed chivalry in hearts of gold'. I think we, the Anglo Saxon settlers may have already viewed the new Black immigrant as "unfaithful" or "unwelcome" but I thoroughly don't understand the every-man's Methodist George Wallace agenda. I never actually heard George Wallace talk down the Black Citizen, however, I'm still with the popular media in not really feeling like he was trying on that Civil War centennial. I heard that 1,100,000 was the size of those men who served in the Confederate Army. If there were 2.5 million free Southern White men eligible, the 250,000 of Alabama would be above average, according to the memorial at 125,000 in service.

Alabama revenue at that time was one-third Slave Property Taxes. Current Governors tend to playfully swear off 'moving that train backward, it always goes forward'. Any thoughts? Thanks.

They still had slaves when I went to Alabama, they just call them nannies and butlers now. I was shocked.

• Banned
Where was this? In my opinion Morrison, in Huntsville they sat around a few generations, and like making fun of all the new-White money around here. Down on the Montgomery capitol steps was plenty of rather Odd ladies. What a nice day for our all-neutral black staff to be serving lunch near the Capitol. Birmingham is where I'm supposed to go for Business. Sure there's some crappy, crappy business over there. look its the ooooold steel mill.

No Morrison I never JuUuUdge AnyOoOne By the ColoOooOr of their SkIiIIn, but by the CoOoonteEeEnt of theeEir Character. You're sarcastic in at least one degree, I can tell, I've never heard anyone called nannies and butlers. There were black barbers and professions I assume in slavery, they had to turn over the money to the commonwealth. All I saw of comment, at all, is every Maroon mix, like what is the Meaning of this phenomena? Every Mix Maroon black, hey, I got more girlfriends, did you forget about the KKK, I'm from Hawaii, and also, racism is over, now I beat you. What? Condaleeza Rice and Colin Powell, call the coast Guard or somebody, the BlAaAack coastguard.

Last edited:
Where was this? In my opinion Morrison, in Huntsville they sat around a few generations, and like making fun of all the new-White money around here. Down on the Montgomery capitol steps was plenty of rather Odd ladies. What a nice day for our all-neutral black staff to be serving lunch near the Capitol. Birmingham is where I'm supposed to go for Business. Sure there's some crappy, crappy business over there. look its the ooooold steel mill.

A coastal city. :rolleyes:

Geez, guess there's only one. Doh!

• Banned
Really?! Like if there's one place I can't really converse it'd be Mobile. How was Mobile? I'm really curious. Help out a fellow traveler. Skip the temperature. I mean everybody knows about the famous Alabama Land Shelf. We got the northern third meets the Appalachian mountains that start in the Northeast and those hills are real high up and the good farmland is the southern half, and anyway, you'd feel like the tropics getting down on the beach anywhere in the first place. So what was Mobile like?

Really?! Like if there's one place I can't really converse it'd be Mobile. How was Mobile? I'm really curious. Help out a fellow traveler. Skip the temperature. I mean everybody knows about the famous Alabama Land Shelf. We got the northern third meets the Appalachian mountains that start in the Northeast and those hills are real high up and the good farmland is the southern half, and anyway, you'd feel like the tropics getting down on the beach anywhere in the first place. So what was Mobile like?

Nice town. Old houses everywhere. I reckon Sherman didn't make it to Mobile?

Kinda hilly. Short, bumpy hills.

Go over a hill and there's a stop sign at the foot of it, then it's up the next hill.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Ahahahaha. Yes, tomb raiders, heritage destroyers, motherless goats to the last Unionist man, thank you. That followed all civil and chivalric codes of war that need to be celebrated in AS MANY PUBLIC STATUES OF HONOR AS POSSIBLE. Duel No. 451,492 William English vs William English, Good day to you sir! Good Day to You! 20 paces, turn! Fire!

Ahahahaha. Yes, tomb raiders, heritage destroyers, motherless goats to the last Unionist man, thank you. That followed all civil and chivalric codes of war that need to be celebrated in AS MANY PUBLIC STATUES OF HONOR AS POSSIBLE.

iu

• Banned
Hm? Well they say it was such a deadly war because nobody was really holding any particular Land, the political capitols excluded, and you just needed to find and shoot your ideological competitor in these United States, thus total manpower depletion. Woodrow Wilson described in his history of the war "Adventurers" in the Union army.

First the Northern States take over all infrastructure, delay Southern Schooling, all these silly accents that previously don't exist, check any record or any recording of all Confederate Veterans, then the most common accent down here is along the lines of "I sewr ain't capable of no self-determinative Guvernment, I tell you Whut."

At the time of the Confederacy, over half the population of Alabama was in bondage

The "Chivalry" cult of the South took much of its cues from Scotland as well, Sir Walter Scott's novels being treasured pastime reading. That was the derivation of the Klan of the Birth of a Nation movie cited depicting burning crosses --- the original Klan never did that. Out of the buzz created by the movie an Alabama ex-minister (living in Georgia) re-established the Klan as a moneymaking scheme selling memberships, and he (Simmons) brought in the burning crosses, the first one at Stone Mountain when he re-established that Klan.

The various "Knights" continued to appear in the dozens of Klan-like vigilante groups that sprang up after the Civil War, e.g. the "Knights of the Black Cross", "Knights of the Red Hand", "Knights of the Rising Sun", "Knights of the White Camellia" and the "Knights of the White Carnation". In fact Simmons' re-creation was officially called the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.

As to the Civil War, one of many Southern anti-Confederate strongholds was the Republic of Winston which effectively seceded from Alabama just as West Virginia seceded from Virginia. Sentiment for the Confederate cause was of course highly disputed, draft evasion and desertion being rampant and "bushwackers" taking sniper posts to protect their land from armies of either side.

Somewhere I've got a video exploring the relationship between the Scottish and the Klan, will have to find it later.

Hm? Well they say it was such a deadly war because nobody was really holding any particular Land, the political capitols excluded, and you just needed to find and shoot your ideological competitor in these United States, thus total manpower depletion. Woodrow Wilson described in his history of the war "Adventurers" in the Union army.

Have not read WIlson's writing on this but I'd be highly skeptical considering (a) he was a child at the time of the War, and (b) he spent those formative postwar years in Augusta Georgia at the time of the burgeoning Lost Cause movement, so I wouldn't expect any degree of objectivity.

To Rightwinger, well, here's an important topic Rightwinger. Is the Spanish Reconquista racist? Most flags from Aragon, Castile, or Leon, are of decapitated Moors. Most of this explores the similarly uncompromising Original Protestant Reformation, most literature concurrent With the Civil War, and the Yankees absolute Insanity, is about the Heathens inability at learning, incapability of determination, Robert E Lee's gradual emancipation through the works of Christianity, their better and improving status here in the America's and their native lands incapability at schooling, the grandiose displays of Southern "Civilization".

To Pogo, I doubt any such specific Suboordination of the Ku Klux Klan to Scotland. See, we are naming a Subscription and subordination to the Scottish Confessions of Presbyterianism during the Confederate War, like the many nations of subscription to Catholocism and the Pope. The Confederate Constitution, I can't believe I left this out, written right here in the Capitol Building of Montgomery Alabama, called on the God of Our Fathers to the Sovereign Character of the States, is how it stands out from the original US constitution preamble. A minor general Nathan Forrest, and Mostly 99% resurgence from this film Birth of a Nation, created a generally Protestant movement in the 1900s.

Oh of course Pogo, I wasn't suggesting Wilson is the most objective author from a universal history perspective. In fact, he was elected as a Confederate through the civil election process of government, immune to the 14th amendment as he was a child, and not part of the rebellion, and we can link this with the total triumph of the Northern Industrialist's trapping of women in factory jobs, and burning them alive, and the Slavery of labor, and the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire and similar events and the next election of Democrats and Southern Democrats to all instruments of government.

Oh by the way, I hope everyone has a good background on the Ku Klux Klan. They're not at all what we're talking about. The Film I linked completely enlarges their historical significance way out of proportion. Please check out its amazing Civil War Battles and history otherwise. Most people think of lynchings and vigilante justice when they think of Ku Klux Klan. When they had 2,000,000 members right after this film, we should think more of Boy Scouts. Community participation programs that held parades and promoted their values. I literally don't know a single connection of Alabama and the Ku Klux Klan. Maybe I'm not researching right. Oops, see Martin Luther King Jr. hid those Baptist Bombing girls in his basement. muhahaha communism.

Last edited:
To Rightwinger, well, here's an important topic Rightwinger. Is the Spanish Reconquista racist? Most flags from Aragon, Castile, or Leon, are of decapitated Moors. Most of this explores the similarly uncompromising Original Protestant Reformation, most literature concurrent With the Civil War, and the Yankees absolute Insanity, is about the Heathens inability at learning, incapability of determination, Robert E Lee's gradual emancipation through the works of Christianity, their better and improving status here in the America's and their native lands incapability at schooling, the grandiose displays of Southern "Civilization".

To Pogo, I doubt any such specific Suboordination of the Ku Klux Klan to Scotland. See, we are naming a Subscription and subordination to the Scottish Confessions of Presbyterianism during the Confederate War, like the many nations of subscription to Catholocism and the Pope. The Confederate Constitution, I can't believe I left this out, written right here in the Capitol Building of Montgomery Alabama, called on the God of Our Fathers to the Sovereign Character of the States, is how it stands out from the original US constitution preamble. A minor general Nathan Forrest, and Mostly 99% resurgence from this film Birth of a Nation, created a generally Protestant movement in the 1900s.

Oh of course Pogo, I wasn't suggesting Wilson is the most objective author from a universal history perspective. In fact, he was elected as a Confederate through the civil election process of government, immune to the 14th amendment as he was a child, and not part of the rebellion, and we can link this with the total triumph of the Northern Industrialist's trapping of women in factory jobs, and burning them alive, and the Slavery of labor, and the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire and similar events and the next election of Democrats and Southern Democrats to all instruments of government.

Your writing can only be described as "bizarre". From what I can make out, no I did not suggest a "Subordination of the Klan to Scotland", whatever that means, nor do I think "Presbyterianism" is related. Methodism perhaps (as Simmons was) but as for the Klan it was always a Protestant (as opposed to Catholic) Christian-terrorist group but AFAIK didn't express or enforce a particular sectarian preference. Not even sure where you're going with the religion tangent here.

I think this is the video I was thinking of discussing Scotland and the Klan.

Has much to do with Scotland but is not specific to Alabama.

Last edited:
To Pogo, Original Christianity, first off, had Divine Right of Kings even, as simple as, The Pope Crowned the dude that you listen to by the Right of God, or else. Calvinism is not very far away in its leniency of more democratic institutions, traditionally. We are not in a country anymore where we view the 1st Amendment Freedom of Religion, the disestablishment of Church, especially since Baptists for example, spring up out of the concurrent idea , no sir, we do Not Want the government. See these backwoods accent idiots on this documentary is the same problem as Governor Wallace, if he did all the motions or not. See Sir, Next time some Other One, wants to camp out on My lawn, When I'm President, I'd run Him Over, just like these Hippies, ya'll hear about that now, sitting in front of cars, I'd run 'em over ya'll" ahaha

That documentary, look, I spent 30 minutes on it. He literally says delete information, "a romanticized thing long dead that should be grateful if we bury". Is he talking about the Lost Cause movement specifically? Very opinionated. Its made for Scotland and I find that very disturbing. Scotland didn't outnumber England in Southern Settlement. Scotland got to immigrate due to the 1702 Union of the United Kingdom, to entirely English colonies. These were so much English states still, that we see the hillbillies, redneck, Appalachian folk, Scots Appalachian , Ulster-Scot identities, just live in the mountain frontier across the state borders.

They got Birth of a Nation and the Montgomery Capitol at the end there, though! That's interesting.

It is very important to monitor every kind of hategroup, I like the ending on the film. Our real problem is literally selling our children on Nationalistic fantasies. The heart of this Nationalistic fantasy is the Nazi-like recitation of "one indivisible Nation under God" put in place by President Eisenhower under the Presbyterian banner. What about those without Nations like the Jews! The Jews! The Jews!

We sell ourself its a nation of Immigrants when this was a totally English colony, pilgrims, thep uritans of our fathers, as is the confederate line about a second George Washington,from 1621 to 1860, with less than 1% immigration.

Last edited:

If you have an interest in my state; there is an excellent Facebook page you might want to check out. It’s called “Forgotten Alabama”. Full of interesting places, and obscure bits of history.

I don't use Facebook for a single thing. Facebook is for people to make simulations of you without your suit on. Obscure, such as the constitution, the flag, the motto, the 90% of verteran issues, the founding, the current state of Alabama? Forgotten Alabama? You'll take notice when you're in jail I guess. Now Korea's Forgotten War, how about that one? I hate US education for another reason. We literally watched the film about the kids in Tennessee who collected the paperclips for every Jewish victim in the Holocaust. That's a creative honorable work. I Never heard 20 million innocent civilians in Russian, 20 million innocent civilians in China. We participated in Some sort of activity that cost the Koreas a 5 million civilian deathtoll in a population of I'm thinking 30 million Koreans. Now they fly 1000 miles in complete opulence to attain the enlightenment of the Dalai Llama.

Last edited:
To Pogo, Original Christianity, first off, had Divine Right of Kings even, as simple as, The Pope Crowned the dude that you listen to by the Right of God, or else. Calvinism is not very far away in its leniency of more democratic institutions, traditionally. We are not in a country anymore where we view the 1st Amendment Freedom of Religion, the disestablishment of Church, especially since Baptists for example, spring up out of the concurrent idea , no sir, we do Not Want the government. See these backwoods accent idiots on this documentary is the same problem as Governor Wallace, if he did all the motions or not. See Sir, Next time some Other One, wants to camp out on My lawn, When I'm President, I'd run Him Over, just like these Hippies, ya'll hear about that now, sitting in front of cars, I'd run 'em over ya'll" ahaha

That documentary, look, I spent 30 minutes on it. He literally says delete information, "a romanticized thing long dead that should be grateful if we bury". Is he talking about the Lost Cause movement specifically? Very opinionated. Its made for Scotland and I find that very disturbing. Scotland didn't outnumber England in Southern Settlement. Scotland got to immigrate due to the 1702 Union of the United Kingdom, to entirely English colonies. These were so much English states still, that we see the hillbillies, redneck, Appalachian folk, Scots Appalachian , Ulster-Scot identities, just live in the mountain frontier across the state borders.

They got Birth of a Nation and the Montgomery Capitol at the end there, though! That's interesting.

It is very important to monitor every kind of hategroup, I like the ending on the film. Our real problem is literally selling our children on Nationalistic fantasies. The heart of this Nationalistic fantasy is the Nazi-like recitation of "one indivisible Nation under God" put in place by President Eisenhower under the Presbyterian banner. What about those without Nations like the Jews! The Jews! The Jews!

We sell ourself its a nation of Immigrants when this was a totally English colony, pilgrims, thep uritans of our fathers, as is the confederate line about a second George Washington,from 1621 to 1860, with less than 1% immigration.

I'll have to get back to the video later and run this post through Google Translate, but as far as "this was a totally English colony" I suspect the Spanish in Florida and the French in Maine, and in Louisiana where the Acadians ended up after the Brits did what they do best in Nova Scotia (which is kicking people out of their homeland), not to mention the Africans spread throughout the country and the West Indians in the South, would be somewhat surprised to find out they had been "totally English". For that matter so would we Irish and Scots-Irish, along with the Welsh, none of which were "English".

Pogo Pogo, aren't you proving your own point? Every Legal Resident of these United States of America was an entirely pure, Reformed Protestant Individual. Our country demographically composed itself of descendants of the Puritans, which I heard is around 40% of this population today genetically, the Scots and Ulster-Scot Presbyterian, and the Slaves in training on this point, and the Dutch colony of New Jersey, absorbed by the English, or you weren't in United States Government, and those mixed about George Washington are joking too. You understand they Cleared the Louisiana purchase frontiersmen to stick them in New Orleans, a French State after King Louis, Louisiana? They didn't leave any Spanish in charge or around in Florida either. If you were not this religion, you are in a zone of heavy persecution. The French were moved to a diseased outpost, completely accurate on this point, so was Spanish Mobile by the way. The Indians were moved as a savage people until they learned an interesting Christian character, according to Ultser-Scot, of Reformed Governance, President Andrew Jackson. The State of Maryland was distinctly a Catholic refuge colony. At the date of 1701, these Were officially named, English Colonies. They were settled by English. At the date of 1702 under Queen Anne, and the Act of Union of the Two Kingdoms of Scotland and England, already under one Crown, which does not always mean solidarity, as we saw at the War of the Three Charles's where his three Kingdoms were at war against themselves. These were in title, 80 years English and not British Colonies. Reformed English Puritan Colonies. They moved to British Colonies in 1702, along with the establishment of Princeton as the Presbyterian theological center.

I don't use Facebook for a single thing. Facebook is for people to make simulations of you without your suit on. Obscure, such as the constitution, the flag, the motto, the 90% of verteran issues, the founding, the current state of Alabama? Forgotten Alabama? You'll take notice when you're in jail I guess. Now Korea's Forgotten War, how about that one? I hate US education for another reason. We literally watched the film about the kids in Tennessee who collected the paperclips for every Jewish victim in the Holocaust. That's a creative honorable work. I Never heard 20 million innocent civilians in Russian, 20 million innocent civilians in China. We participated in Some sort of activity that cost the Koreas a 5 million civilian deathtoll in a population of I'm thinking 30 million Koreans. Now they fly 1000 miles in complete opulence to attain the enlightenment of the Dalai Llama.

I don’t “use” it either. But I do have a dummy account with a false bio, so that I can access pages that are on FB. For numerous reasons...

Just an aside here... Judging by your response to a totally benign offering... It sounds like you’ve got issues. Serious ones at that.Good luck...

Forum List

Back