Frozen embryos are ‘children,’ Alabama Supreme Court rules in couples’ wrongful death suits

This would make that murder from the minute of conception

And it’s not an “unborn baby “ at that point.

It’s an embryo
Which is a stage of development of an adult human being.

I depart from this ruling because an implanted embryo will in the normal course of events develop into a mature human being. Without implantation there will be no maturation. It's nothing. It will simply die. This is more in the nature of an ectopic pregnancy. Terminating an ectopic pregnancy isn't an abortion. It's a medical procedure to repair a rupture. The embryo will never mature into another stage.

Dropping the embryos was certainly negligence resulting in thousands of dollars in actual damages not to mention the emotional distress. That has to be compensible.

Which is a stage of development of an adult human being.

I depart from this ruling because an implanted embryo will in the normal course of events develop into a mature human being. Without implantation there will be no maturation. It's nothing. It will simply die. This is more in the nature of an ectopic pregnancy. Terminating an ectopic pregnancy isn't an abortion. It's a medical procedure to repair a rupture. The embryo will never mature into another stage.

Dropping the embryos was certainly negligence resulting in thousands of dollars in actual damages not to mention the emotional distress. That has to be compensible.
So your position is that an embryo is a person? Unless when that embryo is the product of a medical procedure out of the body, than it is nothing. If however it's put inside the body of a female it becomes a person? Have I got that right?

This begs of course the question. What about IVF causes the changes of an embryo from person, to nothing and vice-versa? The only criteria I can imagine is that to you personhood is determined by the location of the embryo.

Life is determined by location otherwise it's nothing. So what about the morning after pill? Murder or not?

So your position is that an embryo is a person? Unless when that embryo is the product of a medical procedure out of the body, than it is nothing. If however it's put inside the body of a female it becomes a person? Have I got that right?

This begs of course the question. What about IVF causes the changes of an embryo from person, to nothing and vice-versa? The only criteria I can imagine is that to you personhood is determined by the location of the embryo.

Life is determined by location otherwise it's nothing. So what about the morning after pill? Murder or not?
An embryo is a stage of the development of a human being. In every circumstance. It is human because it is nothing else.

The location of the embryo is important because in one location the embryo will continue to mature. In another location it will not. I suggest equalizing the deaths of non implanted embryos so they are all treated the same.

In this special case, the negligence resulted in the monetary loss of thousands of dollars and conceived offspring. These embryos were certainly children to the families waiting for implementation. The investment the parents made is substantial. Do you suggest that the families just get a "sorry about that"?

Republicans have won the most votes in Presidential elections once since 1988.

Shit like this is why.
You mean they haven't correct? Republicans have not won the popular vote for President since Bush's second term.

Abortionists already vote Democrat you will gain no votes with the Alabama SCOTUS decision.
Evidently so will couples who are having problems having children now too.

An embryo is a stage of the development of a human being. In every circumstance. It is human because it is nothing else.

The location of the embryo is important because in one location the embryo will continue to mature. In another location it will not. I suggest equalizing the deaths of non implanted embryos so they are all treated the same.

In this special case, the negligence resulted in the monetary loss of thousands of dollars and conceived offspring. These embryos were certainly children to the families waiting for implementation. The investment the parents made is substantial. Do you suggest that the families just get a "sorry about that"?
The issue related to IFV is: 1) can clinics now be liable for "bad implantation" that results in failure; and 2) what to do with the remaining embryos? Who is liable for them and if something happens to them in the future can they be civilly and crminally liable?

This is why the IVF clinics in Alabama are not shut down. Too much risk.

You mean they haven't correct? Republicans have not won the popular vote for President since Bush's second term.

Evidently so will couples who are having problems having children now too.

The issue related to IFV is: 1) can clinics now be liable for "bad implantation" that results in failure; and 2) what to do with the remaining embryos? Who is liable for them and if something happens to them in the future can they be civilly and crminally liable?

This is why the IVF clinics in Alabama are not shut down. Too much risk.
Of course clinics are responsible for bad implantation. They always have been. Bad implantation is medical malpractice.

What to do with the remaining embryos? The remaining embryos are property. The clinic doesn't own them. They are the property of the persons BUYING the service. In this case, the negligence of the clinic employee resulted in the destruction of embryos. Wanted embryos.

This case is really no different than negligence causing a miscarriage in a pregnant woman.

The remaining embryos are property.
no. They are discrete human lives, per the Alabama ruling. So what do you do?
Evidently clinics are responding currently by ceasing activities in the state. Florida and Texas or some of their officials have both come forward promoting IVF.

Spelling a death knell for in vitro fertilization, Alabama is now saying destroying frozen embryos is now murder

No, it does not. That's silly. Talk about a red herring.

Scary

Vote Democrat
Yeah, vote for the party that wants to allow the killing of babies near the end of the third trimester, even though they are indisputably "viable" by week 24 by the left's own Mengele-like standard.

Actually, thanks to advances in medical science, premature babies born in week 16 have been successfully delivered and kept alive. Babies born one month early are routinely delivered successfully and kept alive.

Actually, thanks to advances in medical science, premature babies born in week 16 have been successfully delivered and kept alive.
Where when who and how much did this miracle of God cost or how wealthy were his or her parents?

https://news.yahoo.com/alabama-boy-sets-record-worlds-164221197.htmlOn November 10, Guinness World Records announced that an Alabama baby had become the “world’s most premature baby” to survive.​

Curtis Means was born at the University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital on July 5, 2020, at just 21 weeks and one day gestation, the university said. He weighed just 420 grams (14.8 ounces) at birth, according to Guinness World Records.​
“Numbers show that babies born so young have little to no chances of survival,” Professor of Pediatrics Dr Brian Sims said. Curtis’s twin sister, C’Asya, did not survive, the hospital said. The babies’ chances of survival were below one percent, according to the university.​
Curtis spent 275 days at the hospital’s neonatal intensive care unit, and was discharged on April 6. “Being able to finally take Curtis home and surprise my older children with their younger brother is a moment I will always remember,” his mother, Michelle Butler, said. Credit: University of Alabama at Birmingham via Storyful​

Do you have a link to a Sixteen Week fetus being removed from its mother and living Saint Mikegriffith1?

The Alabama Supreme Court ruled Friday that frozen embryos are children, which pro-choice rights groups have warned could have dangerous implications for fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization.

The Alabama Supreme Court on Friday reversed Mobile County Circuit Court Judge Jill Parrish Phillips’ decision to dismiss a lawsuit in which a couple sued an Alabama fertility clinic and hospital for the “wrongful death” of their frozen embryos in a ruling that was riddled with theology. The couple’s frozen embryos were destroyed after a hospital patient who accessed the freezer that held the embryos dropped them on the floor. The ruling means that the couple can sue for wrongful death.

Well , I don't know what to really think about that. Its fuckin weird is about as far as I've made it thus far.

What does come to mind:

Can I freeze some embryos in Alabama and claim them as dependents on my tax returns?

How about frozen child support if a relationship does not work out?
LIAR
The court said "HUMAN" "UNBORN CHILDREN" you stupid moron

The Alabama Supreme Court ruled Friday that frozen embryos are children, which pro-choice rights groups have warned could have dangerous implications for fertility treatments such as in vitro fertilization.

The Alabama Supreme Court on Friday reversed Mobile County Circuit Court Judge Jill Parrish Phillips’ decision to dismiss a lawsuit in which a couple sued an Alabama fertility clinic and hospital for the “wrongful death” of their frozen embryos in a ruling that was riddled with theology. The couple’s frozen embryos were destroyed after a hospital patient who accessed the freezer that held the embryos dropped them on the floor. The ruling means that the couple can sue for wrongful death.

Well , I don't know what to really think about that. Its fuckin weird is about as far as I've made it thus far.

What does come to mind:

Can I freeze some embryos in Alabama and claim them as dependents on my tax returns?

How about frozen child support if a relationship does not work out?
It didn't say that

This is just the ANCIENT law tradition very very common

THis offends my legal and philosphic mind so much ,that you don't know this

"When the Fourteenth Amendment was adopted in 1868, the states widely recognized unborn children as persons. Twenty-three states and six territories referred to the fetus as a “child” in their laws prohibiting abortion. Twenty-eight classified abortion as an “offense against the person,” or a functionally equivalent classification. These statutes were enacted in recognition of unborn human beings’ full and equal membership in the human family. In Ohio, the same legislature that ratified the Fourteenth Amendment in January 1867 passed legislation criminalizing abortion at all stages just three months later. Several senators who voted for the Fourteenth Amendment’s ratification sat on the committee that reviewed the anti-abortion bill. They acknowledged in their report that “physicians have now arrived at the unanimous opinion that the foetus in utero is alive from the very moment of conception,” and declared on that basis that abortion “at any stage of existence” is “child-murder.” In light of the historical evidence, there can be little doubt that the original public meaning of the term “person” in 1868 included unborn children."

Since you made the decision to stoop to unprovoked name-calling......You can merrily go and fuck yourself.....I suspect it would be more fucking than you have managed to obtain for a spell.
You even look like a pervert, which doesn't prove it but strongly suggests it.

You still haven't touched my takedown of your STUPID STUPID argument

"When the Fourteenth Amendment was adopted in 1868, the states widely recognized unborn children as persons. Twenty-three states and six territories referred to the fetus as a “child” in their laws prohibiting abortion. Twenty-eight classified abortion as an “offense against the person,” or a functionally equivalent classification. These statutes were enacted in recognition of unborn human beings’ full and equal membership in the human family. In Ohio, the same legislature that ratified the Fourteenth Amendment in January 1867 passed legislation criminalizing abortion at all stages just three months later. Several senators who voted for the Fourteenth Amendment’s ratification sat on the committee that reviewed the anti-abortion bill. They acknowledged in their report that “physicians have now arrived at the unanimous opinion that the foetus in utero is alive from the very moment of conception,” and declared on that basis that abortion “at any stage of existence” is “child-murder.” In light of the historical evidence, there can be little doubt that the original public meaning of the term “person” in 1868 included unborn children."

R.31ae41b31634e6ad98dd6968e286e464

Yup, you are wrong.

Forum List

Back