Trick or treaters??

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
We had hardly any in my town. Not even cute little ones with their moms??? I even put a giant bowl of candy with a sign that read help yourself and I still have tons of candy??

Had about 15 this year...down from 20 or so last year. The last group made out like bandits though..."here, take it all if you want..."

Bonnie said:
We had hardly any in my town. Not even cute little ones with their moms??? I even put a giant bowl of candy with a sign that read help yourself and I still have tons of candy??
Only three knocks here, No1 said it was the same for him too.

Y'all need to come up to Virginia City,Nevada...the stores stay open and give out lotsa candy to the youngn's in a safe way...and ya can browes the stores and not have to purchase anything...and the Ghost Train is a riot!

I did hear that parents were taking their kids to the malls instead to go from store to store. I figured there would be a lot this year mainly because the weather here has been so warm, yesterday it was 74 degrees.

But it was like a ghost town.

Bonnie said:
I did hear that parents were taking their kids to the malls instead to go from store to store. I figured there would be a lot this year mainly because the weather here has been so warm, yesterday it was 74 degrees.

But it was like a ghost town.

however we were packed from North to South..East to West...guess it depends on how ya define a Ghost Town!....Looks like your town is dying...need heart and soul to survive.... :happy2:

We had crap ton of kids this year.
Got together with friends and pitched in on candy.
Spent $70 the first time and that went within two hours.
Then we went back and bought $30 more.

We were trying to make it last but they kept comming.
Plus the dude across the way spent $5,000 to decorate his
house and do a mini haunted house in the backyard.
I guess the word got around.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
We had crap ton of kids this year.
Got together with friends and pitched in on candy.
Spent $70 the first time and that went within two hours.
Then we went back and bought $30 more.

We were trying to make it last but they kept comming.

Colorado,Nevada,Wyoming and Montana to include Idaho and Utah...the last of the wild and fun frontier...we all rock... unlike the East Coast snobs! And the Cali pervs!

JOKER96BRAVO said:
HUH! They arrested a child molester in the county next to me last night.
He had a haunted house set-up in his back yard!
I don't know what caused the arrest, probation violation probably. :2guns:

A million in our neighborhood. We didn't pass out candy. We took our kids around. (Yes, it does take both parents when you have four kids!) It was packed. We live in "snob knob" in our town, which isn't saying much bc it is such a very rural community. But people drive in from all over to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood. It's like a high school reunion for my husband, who grew up in this town. The kids' buckets weighed about 5 pounds apiece. A couple houses pass out full-size candy bars. My favorite parts are seeing all the costumes, and picking up some dirt on hubby, who is suspiciously closed-mouthed about his teen years.

We had approx. 60 kids. Went through 2 5lb bags of candy! The little nippers show up by 4, older kids go to 8. It was pouring rain after 5, still they came. :laugh:

Kathianne said:
We had approx. 60 kids. Went through 2 5lb bags of candy! The little nippers show up by 4, older kids go to 8. It was pouring rain after 5, still they came. :laugh:
Our village puts a time limit on it. 6-7:30. They also shut down through traffic, which is nice.

mom4 said:
Our village puts a time limit on it. 6-7:30.
Ours too, 4-8pm. The little ones tend to be during the 'light' hours, while the bigger kids keep going til 'lights out'. Cops were really out though, I think the 'sex offenders' thing had everyone a bit riled up.

Kathianne said:

They were determined lol. Growing up in my neighborhood it was always the little kids right after school, then at night it was the older kids traveling in packs as you said of about 4-8, and sometimes they would come around as late as midnight.

Bonnie said:
They were determined lol. Growing up in my neighborhood it was always the little kids right after school, then at night it was the older kids traveling in packs as you said of about 4-8, and sometimes they would come around as late as midnight.

Yeah, we ran to like 9-10. Not anymore. People turn their porch lights off and close the door. The city really wants it shut off and the word has gotten out.

even though it seems like there are more kids now in the neighborhood it doesn't seem like there are that many trick or treaters.they started at about 6:30 and was done by 7:45 or 8. the last time i went out when i was 12 in 92 we we're out till 9 and when i came home there were still kids coming around.i know there are more kids in this town now then back then so i don't know. maybe their having costume parties and getting their candy that way. didn't even go through 2 full bags of the snack size bars. maybe a total of 1 1/2 out of the three that were in the basket. this town is an upper middle/lower upper kind of town million dollar houses etc etc. i think they average house is between $360,000-$420,000. maybe the kids are afraid to leave their yuppie mcmansions or their too high brow for halloween. all i knows is there are 7 extra bags of candy plus what was left in the basket and its all for me :D

Mr. P said:
Only three knocks here, No1 said it was the same for him too.

Yeah, and the wife didn't make it to the door for one of those three. She was downstairs dealing with the dogs and didn't get to the door in time. It was a seriously sad turnout and we have enough candy to last until Christmas 2006!

no1tovote4 said:
Yeah, and the wife didn't make it to the door for one of those three. She was downstairs dealing with the dogs and didn't get to the door in time. It was a seriously sad turnout and we have enough candy to last until Christmas 2006!
Hummmmm, candy recipees?..get er started. :mm:

Mr. P said:
Hummmmm, candy recipees?..get er started. :mm:

You could just take all that candy mash it up and put it in cookie dough, bake some gooey cookies........YUM

Forum List

Back