To USMB- The ignore feature

Two suggestions: Can this site be revised a little so that...

(1) if you have someone on ignore you don't see their posts when you're quoting someone else? I could have sworn it was like that here for a while when the format changed a while back.

And/or (2) you can make it so that someone you have on ignore can't see your posts either?

If I don't want to communicate with someone, it would be nice to be able to end it completely. Having someone continue to post directly to you even though they know you have them on ignore is a little creepy.

Thanks!

If you ignore someone, you are essentially hiding from them. That doesn't mean they are hiding from you as well. I reply to some like Statist who claim to have me on ignore, all the time. Just because he is too much of a coward to face me doesn't mean I will stop humiliating him.

That is not true. The ignore feature works so that you can avoid interacting with those you know are trolls, troublemakers, stalkers, etc. They should consider themselves lucky, in real life I would call the police on a person who followed me around from place to place, calling me names. It is a symptom of a serious mental problem or an obsession when a person stalks you. If the person who does the stalking TRULY did not like you and that was the reason, then they would ignore you too. You see how that works? :D

Best thing I ever did. So liberating!

No, I am reclaiming the minutes/hrs lost to reading incessant drivel :thup:

You are under no obligation to read any post - just scroll past it. It's not that hard.

I disagree. There are numerous reasons why the ignore function is a good tool for USMB members. There are people here who repeatedly ignore USMB rules and will trash any thread just for amusement. Some people cross the line, knowing full well they are crossing it and with that - they lose the privilege of readers they otherwise would have had dialogue with.

It's just that simple.

You are under no obligation to read any post - just scroll past it. It's not that hard.

I disagree. There are numerous reasons why the ignore function is a good tool for USMB members. There are people here who repeatedly ignore USMB rules and will trash any thread just for amusement. Some people cross the line, knowing full well they are crossing it and with that - they lose the privilege of readers they otherwise would have had dialogue with.

It's just that simple.

One of the oafs I put in Iggy, took umbrage. Can you believe? lol

It's just that simple.

I can. That is their problem though. Not yours. Had they not been asking to be put on ignore (by their actions) they would not be there. (no doubt)

It's just that simple.

How dare you interfere with his ability to stalk and harass you! Hater!

All the people I have on ignore don't show up at all, in thread starts, thread content, nor in quotes. If they're posting to Me, well I find that funny. The frustration of them not getting a reply back must be killing them.

I like it. hehe

I try to let them know that my exchanges with them have ended and let them know why - in some cases - it's been repeated over and over and in others I perhaps didn't mention it and then just opted to the ignore feature.
I'm not trying to aggravate anyone here by not responding but if I am not responding that may be why. (ignore feature) Otherwise, it is about my staying on task to finish my thread / message - whatever I'm doing.

It's just that simple.

Like I cut off his manhood.

Anyone taking being put on ignore - "personally" - should take it personally - because something is wrong.

Not with the person who put them on ignore. But with the person put on ignore and how they are interacting with that particular person or other persons.

So if I were to put you on ignore now, that would prove something is wrong with you? Interesting.

Jeri wrote: Anyone taking being put on ignore - "personally" - should take it personally - because something is wrong.

Pay attention and read my response again. ^ ^ ^ Only if I took it personally. If you put me on ignore? I would not take it personally.

Once again. When you are reading my threads / posts? You need to pay attention.

Thanks for reading, Mamooth.

It's just that simple.

I see this on a larger scale with politics. If one side cannot access the other they come unhinged. It's truly revealing, KG. All you have to do is watch them. The oppressed are most often the "oppressors". People do not realize that by their own actions they are giving themselves away. It does not matter what they are saying. Watch what they are doing.

Forum List

Back