THIS JUST IN on the Zimmerman case....

In an earlier article, she said she could bring charges, take it to a grand jury or decline to charge him at all. I think she can bring lesser charges without the Grand Jury, but this sounds like she won't be doing either.

No 1st degree murder, that we know. I think she is leaning toward no charges, but we will know when she announces her decision.

Depends on the amount of political pressure she's under to drum up some charges.

It won't be manslaughter either; that's a felony in Florida.

It coud mean that after investigation there isn't enough evidence that a grand jury could be trusted to come to the predetermined outcome. Now she has to figure out how to phony up a case strong enough to overcome Zimmerman's immunity.

Sorry but charge by bill of information is the norm in most states. By this method, the defendant gets a pre-trial hearing, wear a judge makes the determination of whether or not the charge should proceed, effectively taking the place of the grand jury.

Makes sense. I think if I was the prosecutor I would find it difficult to gather a jury of Zimmerman's peers in what resembles more like a powder keg waiting for a lit match.

But, let Cali Girl show her intense stupidity on legal matters now. It's very entertaining.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- State Attorney Angela Corey has opted not to use a grand jury in the investigation into the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

This decision should not be considered to be a factor in the final determination of the case, according to a release from Corey's office.

Corey was appointed by Gov. Rick Scott as the Special Prosecutor in the case on March 22. Upon being assigned, she said she may not require the use of a grand jury.

The release from Corey's office said there will be no further comment at this time.

First Coast News

Angela Corey Decides To Not Use Grand Jury In Trayvon Martin Case | firstcoastnews.com

Not a final determination.

If they don't want a GJ, then it's purely political.... railroading an innocent man.

I think it means if there is a charge, it won't be a felony. A Grand Jury would be required for that.

It coud mean that after investigation there isn't enough evidence that a grand jury could be trusted to come to the predetermined outcome. Now she has to figure out how to phony up a case strong enough to overcome Zimmerman's immunity.

Sorry but charge by bill of information is the norm in most states. By this method, the defendant gets a pre-trial hearing, wear a judge makes the determination of whether or not the charge should proceed, effectively taking the place of the grand jury.

Great, let's have people with an agenda making the decisions instead of a jury of peers. Perhaps we should just let judges decide by themselves and scrap the whole jury process... that way, y'all could railroad anyone you dislike into prison. :lol:

Why do you presume Martin's guilt?

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- State Attorney Angela Corey has opted not to use a grand jury in the investigation into the shooting death of Trayvon Martin.

This decision should not be considered to be a factor in the final determination of the case, according to a release from Corey's office.

Corey was appointed by Gov. Rick Scott as the Special Prosecutor in the case on March 22. Upon being assigned, she said she may not require the use of a grand jury.

The release from Corey's office said there will be no further comment at this time.

First Coast News

Angela Corey Decides To Not Use Grand Jury In Trayvon Martin Case | firstcoastnews.com

Not a final determination.

If they don't want a GJ, then it's purely political.... railroading an innocent man.

I think it means if there is a charge, it won't be a felony. A Grand Jury would be required for that.

Wrong.

Grand juries are only required at the federal level.

Depends on the amount of political pressure she's under to drum up some charges.

Let me google that for you

I hope the Martin family also files a civil suit against Zimmerman for wrongful death. That asshole should not be out running around his neighborhood with a loaded gun. He went against everything the homeowner's association dictated to his sorry ass last January. He killed a kid.

And you fucking righties want to defend him with no further investigation. You're disgusting. I hope you find yourself at the end of a barrel owned by a redneck like Zimmerman some day. And you know how to pray.

iirc, you only need a grand jury for a first degree murder charge. Manslaughter charges, etc., can be brought without the GJ.

California very seldom uses a grand jury. We use an information. Which is useful if the judge has kangaroo court inclinations.

Just judging from the length of time it has taken so far to come this far, the prosecution knows it doesn't have a case so it's trying to make one. Complicating this case is the way the Florida law is written. This is not a case of self-defense where a trier of fact would determine whether or not Zimmerman had the right to defend himself. This is a case in which the question is did Zimmerman have the right to stand his ground. If he did, then he is immune from both civil and criminal prosecution.

I hope the Martin family also files a civil suit against Zimmerman for wrongful death. That asshole should not be out running around his neighborhood with a loaded gun. He went against everything the homeowner's association dictated to his sorry ass last January. He killed a kid.

And you fucking righties want to defend him with no further investigation. You're disgusting. I hope you find yourself at the end of a barrel owned by a redneck like Zimmerman some day. And you know how to pray.

If Zimmerman can't be prosecuted he can't be sued in civil court either. He is immune for both civil and criminal prosecution.

If Zimmerman can't be prosecuted he can't be sued in civil court either. He is immune for both civil and criminal prosecution.

Untrue.

When they're circumventing the GJ system, there's a reason. That reason will be more political than a genuine desire for justice. This is where our justice system stinks.... don't railroad an innocent person because the truth is unpalatable to the drooling hordes. This is why the media should be ashamed of themselves.

I see your point. She probably realizes that a GJ would not indict. If she does decide to prosecute, she earns points either way. Hell she may even get USAG if the O wins in November,

Yep, more about the politics than a desire to see justice done... what does it matter if an innocent man gets his life torn apart - perhaps goes to prison for years... as long as the drooling hordes get the outcome they want.

The "drooling hordes" wanted him brought to trial, a decent investigation conducted at the scene in respect that there was a dead seventeen year old cut down before he even tasted life. As it is, what we've seen is a prosecution of the dead, and I've seen you slam that as well, but the fact remains: if this is not fully examined, the dead seventeen year old is condemned as someone who deserved what happened to him; basically that his execution is posthumously rendered legitimate. You must understand why people reject that.

As an honest person, you have to acknowledge that if things were different, if Martin were white, for example, the media would go after Zimmerman as Hispanic, find some connection to the Latin Kings (even if it were through a distant 2nd or 3rd cousin), and under those circumstances the "lynching" would be socially sanctioned.

Hell, under those circumstances, Zimmerman would have been arrested and charged with something, and we wouldn't even be talking about this. You know that's true. You do.

Thank you. From your link:

Rule 7. The Indictment and the Information | Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure | LII / Legal Information Institute

http://www.floridabar.org/TFB/TFBResources.nsf/0/BDFE1551AD291A3F85256B29004BF892/$FILE/Criminal.pdf?OpenElement

It appears the defendant must waive his right to a Grand Jury indictment. In Florida, felonies can be charged with a bill of information, provided they aren't capital offenses.

I haven't seen where ANY Righty has defended him and wanted no further investigation! The right WANT this investigated, and we WANT the truth to come out! If Zimmerman is guilty then he should pay for what he did. But NOBODY knows what the truth really is. The Left want him prosecuted without any firm evidence of who was at fault....they'd be happy if they were able to lynch him from a tree without any trial!

If it's proven Martin did nothing wrong....then i'm all for Zimmerman spending the rest of his life in prison (or executed). But until we ALL know the truth, and not just crap that you're hearing from the left-wing media, then we should all agree that we want to see justice served...that means to PROVE WHO WAS AT FAULT. Right now, Zimmerman is ahead with the witnesses that have come forward.

Interesting development.

Now what can we assume? We only know 3 facts.

1. There will be no Grand Jury.

2. Zimmerman is still a free man.

3. Martin is dead.

Could it be that the State Attorney has a case against Zimmerman but for some reason is not going to arrest him?

Or could it be that the State Attorney does not have sufficient evidence that the events didn't happen the way Zimmerman said?

Or is there another option?

She is a racist & is giving Zimmerman a chance to escape before she sends the police after him. :lol:

Great, let's have people with an agenda making the decisions instead of a jury of peers. Perhaps we should just let judges decide by themselves and scrap the whole jury process... that way, y'all could railroad anyone you dislike into prison. :lol:

Why do you presume Martin's guilt?

I don't. My whole stance - no matter what you fucking drooling hordes have wanted - has been that none of us know enough to determine guilt or innocence.... I have stated that I don't give a shit about Martin's background, nor Zimmerman's.... unlike you, I have maintained a neutral position.... because I don't have ALL the facts. I'm weird like that... I require ALL the facts before I find anyone guilty or innocent of anything.

Right now.... this looks more like a railroading than a genuine desire for justice.

Untrue.

Trayvon Martin: Stand Your Ground Law Under Scrutiny After Florida Shooting - ABC News

Stand Your Ground "really ties law enforcement's hands," says Florida law professor Elizabeth Megale, "because immunity is defined so broadly." Immunity, she says, does not just mean you can't be prosecuted. It means you can't be detained.

What is Florida's 'Stand Your Ground' law? | HLNtv.com

Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force can be found in Florida Statute § 776.032(1) (2012).

(1) A person who uses force as permitted in … s. 776.013…is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force... As used in this subsection, the term "criminal prosecution" includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.

That means you are immune from prosecution or civil liability because you are allowed to use the force. When “Stand Your Ground” is successfully asserted following a killing, the homicide is considered “justified,” which means there won’t be any criminal charges filed and you cannot held liable in a civil case either.

Of course it's true. You just don't like it to be true.

Forum List

Back