Let's keep in mind what Bragg has to prove in the Daniel's payoff case.

berg80

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2017
For those who missed today's news it will start of April 15.

He does not have to prove there were violations of federal or state campaign finance law. He has to show there was a falsification of business records in an attempt to conceal or commit another crime. The crime for which Mike Cohen went to jail.

Robert Khuzami, Attorney for the United States, Acting Under Authority Conferred by 28 U.S.C. § 515, announced that MICHAEL COHEN was sentenced today to three years in prison for tax evasion, making false statements to a federally insured bank, and campaign finance violations. COHEN pled guilty on August 21, 2018, to an eight-count information before U.S. District Judge William H. Pauley III, who imposed today’s sentence. In a separate prosecution brought by the Special Counsel’s Office (“SCO”), COHEN pled guilty on November 29, 2018 to one count of making false statements to the U.S. Congress and was also sentenced on that case today, receiving a two-month concurrent sentence.
Michael Cohen Sentenced To 3 Years In Prison

I think it's unfortunate, given the seriousness of the other indictments, that this will be trial #1. However, it is the first criminal trial of a former US prez in US history so Don has once again distinguished himself. How proud his dad would be if he were still alive.

He does not have to prove there were violations of federal or state campaign finance law. He has to show there was a falsification of business records in an attempt to conceal or commit another crime. The crime for which Mike Cohen went to jail.

Robert Khuzami, Attorney for the United States, Acting Under Authority Conferred by 28 U.S.C. § 515, announced that MICHAEL COHEN was sentenced today to three years in prison for tax evasion, making false statements to a federally insured bank, and campaign finance violations. COHEN pled guilty on August 21, 2018, to an eight-count information before U.S. District Judge William H. Pauley III, who imposed today’s sentence. In a separate prosecution brought by the Special Counsel’s Office (“SCO”), COHEN pled guilty on November 29, 2018 to one count of making false statements to the U.S. Congress and was also sentenced on that case today, receiving a two-month concurrent sentence.

I think it's unfortunate, given the seriousness of the other indictments, that this will be trial #1. However, it is the first criminal trial of a former US prez in US history so Don has once again distinguished himself. How proud his dad would be if he were still alive.

Yeah, it is lawfare plain and simple.

Oh, and let's keep in mind that Bragg's primary witness is... Michael Cohen, a convicted liar and perjurer, who a week ago a Federal judge said perjured himself yet again in October 2023.

IOW, the People will suborn perjury when they call Cohen to testify. As the Ninth Circuit said in United States v. LaPage that is the "pollution of the trial".

No lawyer, whether prosecutor or defense counsel, civil or criminal, may knowingly present lies to a jury and then sit idly by while opposing counsel struggles to contain this pollution of the trial.” [ United States v. LaPage (9th Cir. 2000) 231 F3d 488, 492—criminal conviction overturned where prosecutor failed to correct prosecutorial testimony known to be false] (emphasis added)​

The Village. It takes a Village. 2000 years before Christ. Huts and spears. Eating bugs and shoots. The winters get cold. Real cold.

i guess they got john edwards on the campaign finance violation in about the same situation

i know he was fined or something . does that constitute the kind of banana republic prosecution of cheney's v p opponent that the evil democrats are doing to dear leader today?

Oh, and let's keep in mind that Bragg's primary witness is... Michael Cohen, a convicted liar and perjurer, who a week ago a Federal judge said perjured himself yet again in October 2023.

IOW, the People will suborn perjury when they call Cohen to testify. As the Ninth Circuit said in United States v. LaPage that is the "pollution of the trial".

You lost the point.

Either Cohen paid Daniels totally on his own with money that Trump paid him for no good reason.

or

Cohen was acting on Trump's direction.

If it was the latter, then Trump is guilty. Period.

Keep flailing, sport. Should we put you on suicide watch for the month of November?

Easy peasy, orange is squeezey.
He only needs to show how Individual 1 participated in and directed those actions.

i guess they got john edwards on the campaign finance violation in about the same situation

i know he was fined or something . does that constitute the kind of banana republic prosecution of cheney's v p opponent that the evil democrats are doing to dear leader today?
?? Edwards was found not guilty.

I hope that President Trump, Part II will not be a forgiving person and will NOT assume his enemies had good intentions
do you think if jamie raskins sent an apology to mar a lago signed by the j6 committee that we could all sing kumbaya?
?? Edwards was found not guilty.
you may be right. i wondered why his case has not been mentioned in this conversation.

Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones, Monica Lewinsky. Hmmmm.

Forum List

Back