This Is Why You Empty The Magazine

Hispanic is not a race, and many Latinos are white.

right. when you have a president threatening to round up millions of white people, let me know.

Not cool to refer to people of colour as 'darkies'

Naw, what isn't cool is shooting them in the middle of the street without provocation. Ironically referring to them as "Darkies" to point out the rampant racism in law enforcement isn't really the problem here.

There is not enough context from the video to know why the officer felt the need to use, lethal force.

He shot an unarmed man multiple times. I'm not sure what "context" you need.

There is not enough context from the video to know why the officer felt the need to use, lethal force.
That is why we have a system of justice.
Would waiting for police backup or local armed militia, have been better?
Maybe, I don't know the facts, except the cop is a bad shot.

When I was on council one of the police officers fired at a car speeding away from a routine traffic stop. He said they tried to run him over. Obviously they didn't and I wanted the cop fired or at least disciplined. Neither happened.

Last edited:

When I was on council one of the police officers fired at a car speeding away from a routine traffic stop. He said they tried to run him over. Obviously they didn't and I want the cop fired or at least disciplined. Neither happened.

These days, we're trained specifically NOT to fire on a moving vehicle.

When I was on council one of the police officers fired at a car speeding away from a routine traffic stop. He said they tried to run him over. Obviously they didn't and I want the cop fired or at least disciplined. Neither happened.

Bad shot? From the perp's reaction it appeared the first shot was dead-on center mass.

Never the less you made a statement based on incomplete facts. One based on your prejudice.

Um, no, I said "Silly Darkie, rights are for white people".

Hispanics still fall into the "Darkie" category.

Not cool to refer to people of colour as 'darkies'
It's cool if you are one of the enlightened ones. You can call blacks the N word, you can assume that a video of a store being robbed is about a black man. You can call blacks, darkies. It's all good because he is down with the cause.

There were no handcuffs on the person, when down on the ground and it seemed the officer was on top of the person and "in control of the situation".

These days, we're trained specifically NOT to fire on a moving vehicle.
When we interviewed police candidates that was the first question I would ask. I don't remember any of them ever saying they would use their weapon in such a situation.

Bad shot? From the perp's reaction it appeared the first shot was dead-on center mass.
Then why 6 more shots?

You need to empty your mags periodically because it opens up the spring. It decompresses it.
If you don't you'll end up with rounds jamming.

A lot of print has been used on just that subject. Some say that is the case, others say the repeated loading and unloading fatigues the spring more quickly.

I've seen no definitive evidence either way.

My department recently changed from unloading at the end of each shift to doing it every four months.

The constant unloading and reloading was causing rounds to get creased which WAS causing jams.

EVERY police shooting immediately goes under investigation by default.

Yes, it does. The problem, of course, is that when the police investigate themselves, there's always an inclination to give themselves the benefit of the doubt.

so you had something like the Chicago OPC which found that 96% of police shootings were "justified". Really?

Let me know when he threatens to round up American citizens. Only then will I be concerned.

I doubt you would be. You'd be one of the ones here justifying it.

Then why 6 more shots?

Frequently, people don't go down after a single shot. Current training is to assess the threat between each shot until the threat is removed.

Not always easy to do under pressure

Forum List

Back