This is why I hate Welfare , and other programs

The right wing doesn't want to raise taxes at all...it's the left wing who insists we must.

I'm so confused..I thought lovebear was drawing welfare while her husband was overseas.
No Plasma ball says since hubby was military he pays his benefits but in fact I am sure he pays no federal taxes since he is low income.. We have never collected welfare in our lives, never received earned income credit or food stamps

So does this mean you are one of those 47% that the right wing would like to see taxed so we don't have to raise taxes on the rich?

I think that EVERYONE in America should contribute to the tax codes not just half of america.

No Plasma ball says since hubby was military he pays his benefits but in fact I am sure he pays no federal taxes since he is low income.. We have never collected welfare in our lives, never received earned income credit or food stamps

So does this mean you are one of those 47% that the right wing would like to see taxed so we don't have to raise taxes on the rich?

I think that EVERYONE in America should contribute to the tax codes not just half of america.

So you want to raise your taxes, that I'm guessing you can little afford, so people like Romney (who makes $56,000 A DAY) can pay even less?!?

Whereas the left wants EVERYBODY to groan.

The right gives tax breaks to the wealthy so they can use the money to HIRE MORE PEOPLE and expand their industries. It's sound economically.

The right wing doesn't want to raise taxes at all...it's the left wing who insists we must.

Seriously? Are you not paying attention?

Forget all the right wing, left wing nonsense. You do know that when any of these candidates states that he wants to "broaden the tax base" that means making more people on the low end pay more federal income tax. That means you if you currently don't pay anything.

Again, where do you get your info? I'm not attacking you, I just want to understand how you can think that any democrat has suggested directly raising taxes on anyone but the richest of americans.

The right gives tax breaks to the wealthy so they can use the money to HIRE MORE PEOPLE and expand their industries. It's sound economically.

So, you're ok with increasing taxes on people such as yourself and giving tax breaks to millionaires?

We have a rental property in our neighborhood, apparently the owners decided to put it as a section 8.. There are at least 4 adults that live there. I dont know how many kids. So far since they have moved in break ins are up , the cops have been at their house numerous times, I have seen with my own eyes them smoking weed and selling it in their front yard. NO ONE WORKS. Why do they get these benefits when they are clearly breaking the law. I am sure they are not the only ones.. Our neighborhood was a safe one before they moved in. Oh and I have heard gun shots from that house as well. The cops are well aware of them since my neighbor is friends with them. Is there any way I can contact the people who does section 8 and investigate them

Then you must equally be disgusted by corporate welfare recipients too?:eusa_hand:
just call 911, when the local P.D. tires of the calls, they'll make the landlord do something, but, if you have ever lived in a ghetto like I have, where thugs break windows to steal personal property, or, when the thugs deal drugs in the parking lot, and tenants fear for their safety, some police departments won't do shit. like this one.

The City of Racine - Wisconsin - USA
nice cycles they have though.

Lovebears - be a squeaky wheel. If you fear retaliation, do it anonymously. Call the landlord, police, and mayor. Ask your neighbors to do the same. FORCE them to solve the problem. That's what local government is for.

And you can show where that has been the case, right? The wealthy have been paying historically low taxes for decades while more of the burden has shifted to the middle class. Where are those jobs again?

You might want to look at the unemployment numbers when the wealthy were paying 90%. To say that taxes hurt jobs and the economy would be denying the 50s and the 90s ever happened.

The burden has shifted to the middle class because the left insists on spending like a freight train and doesn't give a shit about the middle class. It isn't that you care about the middle class, it's just that you want more...

Stop spending. The tax burden will decrease. But keep spending and cannibalize your producers and we'll keep going the way we're going now.

:eusa_hand: The more tax breaks I get, the less people I hire and the more I sock away.

You really are stupid, Babble, no offense.

The burden has shifted to the middle class because the left insists on spending like a freight train and doesn't give a shit about the middle class. It isn't that you care about the middle class, it's just that you want more...

Stop spending. The tax burden will decrease. But keep spending and cannibalize your producers and we'll keep going the way we're going now.

So are you just going to ignore the questions I asked you?

I'm trying to have a discussion with you and it seems you'd rather take the 'ignorance is bliss' route and just ignore me. :cool:

I didn't see your questions.

Typically, questions posed by the left are disengenuous efforts meant to muddy the water. So I doubt if they have anything to do wtih the subject at hand.

Typically, questions posed by the left are disengenuous efforts meant to muddy the water. So I doubt if they have anything to do wtih the subject at hand.

First two posts on this page.

I tried starting a real discussion with you. I'm having my doubts now if you're capable or even interested in anything like that.

Last edited:
Just call the local DHHR, that's all you need to do.
anfd you will get the "our work load" we "will look into it" blah blah and nothing will be done.

So do you support increased funding to organizations that look into fraud or is your solution just to scrap the whole program and screw the kids and old folks who are the primary recipients of welfare programs?
Increased funding within government turns out to be a complete waste so scrap that idea. There are to many people abusing the system that give the legit ones a bad rap. There are some that need it, but way to many taking it.

And typically, questions posed by the right are disingenuous efforts meant to bash anyone who doesn't hold to the same ideology of the right, and I know that they have little to do with the subject at hand... other than to blame Democrats for all the evils in the world(in general), or Obama(in particular).

We have a rental property in our neighborhood, apparently the owners decided to put it as a section 8.. There are at least 4 adults that live there. I dont know how many kids. So far since they have moved in break ins are up , the cops have been at their house numerous times, I have seen with my own eyes them smoking weed and selling it in their front yard. NO ONE WORKS. Why do they get these benefits when they are clearly breaking the law. I am sure they are not the only ones.. Our neighborhood was a safe one before they moved in. Oh and I have heard gun shots from that house as well. The cops are well aware of them since my neighbor is friends with them. Is there any way I can contact the people who does section 8 and investigate them
This is antidotal and incidental, it can in no way be used as some sort of ‘indictment’ of public assistance, nor is it ‘evidence’ that public assistance contributes to alleged criminal behavior, or that the termination of public assistance will in any way curtail or end criminal behavior, as millions of Americans received needed public assistance without incident.

Your hatred of public assistance is subjective and partisan, clearly devoid of facts.

Forum List

Back