What if there was a nationwide LEO strike

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
Lately, I've been watching a lot of police video's. Especially traffic stops and retail theft. The video's span from coast to coast and border to border. It seems like there's hardly any communities in this country, where the cops don't have to put up with extra levels of entitled folks who think they "know their riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiights." From "I don't have to show you an ID (after crashing their vehicle), or "I didn't steal anything (while holding the stolen items in their hands).
For those who don't normally watch these kind of video's, may not understand what I'm saying, so here's one. And believe me, there's thousands of these videos out there. And tens of thousands of instances that weren't posted online.

Long story short about the video. The drunk driver is insufferable. Constantly yelling and screaming at the cops and medical professionals. Refusing basic commands (constantly) Arguing with everyone and everything. Including her girlfriend.

I realize that cops aren't allowed to go on strike. But let's say they do. Or they simply all quit at the same time. Or some other scenario that takes them off their job for a month.
What do you think would happen within that month. And also, what would happen once they're reinstated.

Hopefully, this thread won't get moved, because this is political. As police are government employee's who are subjected by government rules & regulations. And this affects a vast majority of citizens.

I could not be a police officer. I don't have the temperament.

Me neither. I'd have to carry extra tazers because i'd have the battery in the first one dead, half way through my shift.

Me: "Step out of the vehicle, please."
Driver: "I know my ri------
Me: ZZZZZZZZZZT
Driver: You MF, you can't.....
Me: ZZZZZZZZT
Driver: God da........

Lately, I've been watching a lot of police video's. Especially traffic stops and retail theft. The video's span from coast to coast and border to border. It seems like there's hardly any communities in this country, where the cops don't have to put up with extra levels of entitled folks who think they "know their riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiights." From "I don't have to show you an ID (after crashing their vehicle), or "I didn't steal anything (while holding the stolen items in their hands).
For those who don't normally watch these kind of video's, may not understand what I'm saying, so here's one. And believe me, there's thousands of these videos out there. And tens of thousands of instances that weren't posted online.

Long story short about the video. The drunk driver is insufferable. Constantly yelling and screaming at the cops and medical professionals. Refusing basic commands (constantly) Arguing with everyone and everything. Including her girlfriend.

I realize that cops aren't allowed to go on strike. But let's say they do. Or they simply all quit at the same time. Or some other scenario that takes them off their job for a month.
What do you think would happen within that month. And also, what would happen once they're reinstated.

Hopefully, this thread won't get moved, because this is political. As police are government employee's who are subjected by government rules & regulations. And this affects a vast majority of citizens.

entitled people who can not admit that they are wrong? like, perople who believe they have "immunity?"

entitled people who can not admit that they are wrong? like, perople who believe they have "immunity?"

Yes.

I get the Trump jab. And I'm not a Trump supporter. No president should have total immunity. That's retarded.
Now, that we've addressed your Trump infatuation, can we get back to the topic? Or do you want to keep trying to change the subject to Trump? (even though there's a 1000 threads already about Trump. And several about his immunity requests)

The topic. "What if the LEO's went on strike."

Day after day. Costly groups of $250K officers forced to spend hours on one 300lb out of control animal due to woke MSM & DEM “R” in GOVT. A cattle prod or stun gun, hog-tied and muzzled overnight (left in bathtub) with a warning. “Dont ever let me see or hear you again anywhere or its 5 years“. Send someone to untie the animal the next day.

Yes.

I get the Trump jab. And I'm not a Trump supporter. No president should have total immunity. That's retarded.
Now, that we've addressed your Trump infatuation, can we get back to the topic? Or do you want to keep trying to change the subject to Trump? (even though there's a 1000 threads already about Trump. And several about his immunity requests)

The topic. "What if the LEO's went on strike."
some people see trump everywhere....

Me neither. I'd have to carry extra tazers because i'd have the battery in the first one dead, half way through my shift.

Me: "Step out of the vehicle, please."
Driver: "I know my ri------
Driver: You MF, you can't.....
Me: ZZZZZZZZT
Driver: God da........

Sounds for the makings of a B Cop Flix.

I wish you guys would make up your minds. A cop shoots a woman storming the Capital and that’s murder. A cop doesn’t shoot a man resisting and that’s bullshit.

In Colorado a woman was awarded $4 million because cops used a SWAT team to raid her house. The evidence she had committed a crime? Her home was in the circle of a find my iPhone circle. No iPhone was found, nor any other spoils from the crime.

You guys want to say the cops shouldn’t have to put up with this shit. Then you scream the cops are corrupt when they go after your heroes.

You want the cops to be brutal and relentless. If you don’t like the person being arrested. You want them to have unquestioned authority as long as they don’t go after people you agree with.

I wish you guys would make up your minds. A cop shoots a woman storming the Capital and that’s murder. A cop doesn’t shoot a man resisting and that’s bullshit.

In Colorado a woman was awarded $4 million because cops used a SWAT team to raid her house. The evidence she had committed a crime? Her home was in the circle of a find my iPhone circle. No iPhone was found, nor any other spoils from the crime.

You guys want to say the cops shouldn’t have to put up with this shit. Then you scream the cops are corrupt when they go after your heroes.

You want the cops to be brutal and relentless. If you don’t like the person being arrested. You want them to have unquestioned authority as long as they don’t go after people you agree with.

You could say that about both sides of this argument. This is THE problem. Both sides think the cops are too lenient for those they don't agree with.
No one ever has stated that cops don't have their flaws. But the biggest flaw in the system is the prosecutors and judges who are too lax. The fact that someone with a long history of crime is still on the streets and still committing crimes is proof of that.
The fact that prisons are overcrowded by recidivism is also proof.

The justice system should never allow a person back out into society until they've proven to be fit for society.

Every job has working conditions that can be challenging, and unpleasant. When you choose to go into any profession, that means you accept those challenges, and working conditions. If you cannot handle the challenges, and working conditions, don't apply for the job.

At first things would get pretty wild. Then things would get abnormally polite...

Every job has working conditions that can be challenging, and unpleasant. When you choose to go into any profession, that means you accept those challenges, and working conditions. If you cannot handle the challenges, and working conditions, don't apply for the job.

No one knows the full extent of those challenges until they're actually on the job.

My trucker friend told me a 1000 things about trucking before I got into that profession. And within a week, I was learning things he never told me. Or things he told me, but I didn't fully understand until I was in that situation myself.

One of these things is, for an LEO, is busting someone for a violent crime Someone you know is off his rocker and is going to commit the crime again. And then see that same person out on the streets the same day you arrest him.
Or learning that you have to be exceptionally nice to suspects. Even when they're out of control and resisting. No one knows how hard it is to contain your emotions until put into that situation.

You're trying to make LEO's into robots who are all programmed the same exact way. That's not even possible.

I can't watch those videos, they piss me off. Just like the ones where someone is standing somewhere filming and the officer walks up and asks to see their ID and the person starts being rude and telling the cop they don't need to show their ID and how they can record anywhere they want and pretty much trying to push the cops buttons and upset them on purpose.

None of that is true, at least now how you are presenting it and you're only using very tiny amounts of only partially true facts by cherry picking out a few words.

You're just taking completely unrelated and very vauge and loose examples and mixing them up to create your own context just so you can make inflammatory comments that are only intended to antagonize people. You're mad so you try and make other people mad, and that's a pitiful way to be. You're a contrarian, that's why your post count vs reaction is what it is.

It's time I just put you on the ignore list because everything you say is just a waste of time to read.

I hope you find whatever it is you need to be a happier person in life

At first things would get pretty wild. Then things would get abnormally polite...

Abnormally polite? You mean people would be abnormally polite to LEO's, once they were back on duty?

I can see that.

Once people realize that LEO's are in fact the glue that holds our society together, they'd have a change of heart. Especially if those anti cop people were victimized.

I noticed Portland is backing off their "decriminalization of hard drugs and theft" lately. But the prosecutors & judges are still lenient to criminals.

Maybe a couple hundred more business closing will help them make better decisions.

Abnormally polite? You mean people would be abnormally polite to LEO's, once they were back on duty?

I can see that.

Once people realize that LEO's are in fact the glue that holds our society together, they'd have a change of heart. Especially if those anti cop people were victimized.

I noticed Portland is backing off their "decriminalization of hard drugs and theft" lately. But the prosecutors & judges are still lenient to criminals.

Maybe a couple hundred more business closing will help them make better decisions.
No. I mean abnormally polite to one another. A knock on effect of having witnessed the immediacy of consequences when the "referees" aren't in the ring...

No. I mean abnormally polite to one another. A knock on effect of having witnessed the immediacy of consequences when the "referees" aren't in the ring...

Ah, you mean like people used to be. Back when most people had respect for one another. I'm old. But I still remember those days.

Ah, you mean like people used to be. Back when most people had respect for one another. I'm old. But I still remember those days.
Kind of, yes. Despite all the benefits of "good" policing, and court systems; there has also been a negative side effect of society depending on others to solve their problems. To the extreme where it's unlawful to solve your own problems.

You could say that about both sides of this argument. This is THE problem. Both sides think the cops are too lenient for those they don't agree with.
No one ever has stated that cops don't have their flaws. But the biggest flaw in the system is the prosecutors and judges who are too lax. The fact that someone with a long history of crime is still on the streets and still committing crimes is proof of that.
The fact that prisons are overcrowded by recidivism is also proof.

The justice system should never allow a person back out into society until they've proven to be fit for society.

We will set the both sides want the other punished argument to the side for the moment.

I want to focus on something you almost got right. The recidivism problem. The problem is that we don’t do anything about rehabilitation. We count on poor conductions to dissuade the people from committing more crimes. When it doesn’t work, we are married to the idea that fear of punishment is the key, and we demand more punishment. When it continues to fail, we throw our hands up and decide that we must hold those criminals in prison for life. There is no other choice.

Contrast that with our own personal beliefs. We do something wrong. We confess our sins to a priest. We are told we are forgiven and go forth and sin no more. We profess to believe that we are forgiven. Forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

We don’t forgive them though do we? We really don’t. We prohibit those who are convicted from ever truly rejoining society. We create the self fulfilling prophecy that they are criminals, and that is all they will ever be.

We don’t believe in rehabilitation. We won’t spend a dime on it. We believe in eternal punishment for wrongs. Forgive us our trespasses? Why? We haven’t forgiven anyone. Ever.

Kind of, yes. Despite all the benefits of "good" policing, and court systems; there has also been a negative side effect of society depending on others to solve their problems. To the extreme where it's unlawful to solve your own problems.

This is one reason we get so many people recording a violent crime in progress, instead of helping the victim. "Don't get involved" is the norm.

Forum List

Back