This is why I hate Welfare , and other programs

how do you know they aren't just waiting to hook up with a military guy, who will pay for all their shit.

Go fuck yourself. I guess when he was out to sea and I had to take care of 3 small children alone for 6 months at a time is nothing. I am not ashamed that I stayed home and raised my children . If more mothers have done maybe we would not have the problems we do in our society. I have no problems with working and babysat most of the time my kids were little to make extra money and still babysit now when we need cash. I also worked 2 years straight a few years ago and it was my husband who told me to quit because he did not want the kids home home alone because they were teenagers the biggest time for kids to get in trouble. I can go back to that job any time I want but with limited cars and kids who work and go to school I have to stay home to make sure they go to school on time
They're teenagers and you have to stay home to make sure they go to school on time? :lol:

I take them to school and pick them up plus they work after school. and when do kids get into the most trouble. TEENS. my kids are honor roll kids and are good kids. We have limited cars so I am the errand runner as well ..
I am not ashamed to be staying home. IF I want to work I will. None of your business or anyone else on this fucking board. IF my husband doesnt care I stay home then that is all that matters

Go fuck yourself. I guess when he was out to sea and I had to take care of 3 small children alone for 6 months at a time is nothing. I am not ashamed that I stayed home and raised my children . If more mothers have done maybe we would not have the problems we do in our society. I have no problems with working and babysat most of the time my kids were little to make extra money and still babysit now when we need cash. I also worked 2 years straight a few years ago and it was my husband who told me to quit because he did not want the kids home home alone because they were teenagers the biggest time for kids to get in trouble. I can go back to that job any time I want but with limited cars and kids who work and go to school I have to stay home to make sure they go to school on time
They're teenagers and you have to stay home to make sure they go to school on time? :lol:

I take them to school and pick them up plus they work after school. and when do kids get into the most trouble. TEENS. my kids are honor roll kids and are good kids. We have limited cars so I am the errand runner as well ..
I am not ashamed to be staying home. IF I want to work I will. None of your business or anyone else on this fucking board. IF my husband doesnt care I stay home then that is all that matters
I'm just wondering how successfully you are teaching them personal responsibility if they can't get to school on their own.

:eusa_eh:

You do realize that you are living what most people would call the "American Dream", right? I mean, truthfully? I'm happy for you. You are living the way most people lived in the 50's, 60's and into the 70's... you know... before the Gipper took over and turned our economy into a money grab for the wealthiest people in our country? Now, MOST families have to have 2 incomes to make ends meet(and still live with a high debt load to keep this CONSUMER driven economy rolling).

So yeah... I have no problem with you not working. It IS your and your husband's choice. You're just lucky enough to have that choice. What you and your Conservative brethren don't realize is that most people don't have that choice and probably never will. Furthermore, those people that are dealing drugs in your neighborhood? Get involved. Do you have a neighborhood watch in your community? If so, is it active? Peering out your window while wringing your hands and clutching your pearls is not going to solve anything.

Call the cops on them constantly. Tell them that you have seen the drug dealing... that makes you a WITNESS.... but be prepared to testify in a court of law if they do get busted.

Anyway... congratulations on your good fortune.

We have a rental property in our neighborhood, apparently the owners decided to put it as a section 8.. There are at least 4 adults that live there. I dont know how many kids. So far since they have moved in break ins are up , the cops have been at their house numerous times, I have seen with my own eyes them smoking weed and selling it in their front yard. NO ONE WORKS. Why do they get these benefits when they are clearly breaking the law. I am sure they are not the only ones.. Our neighborhood was a safe one before they moved in. Oh and I have heard gun shots from that house as well. The cops are well aware of them since my neighbor is friends with them. Is there any way I can contact the people who does section 8 and investigate them

Well...the capitalist's solution is for you to move.

You can't move because you can't afford to move?

The good neo-capitalist would explain to you that THAT is your problem.

See how that works?

Welcome to market forces, kid.

Enjoy the ride.

Only thing I can think of would be to call social services over them smoking weed and dealing in front of the kids, I don't know what agency is in charge of the section 8.
Just call the local DHHR, that's all you need to do.
anfd you will get the "our work load" we "will look into it" blah blah and nothing will be done.

So do you support increased funding to organizations that look into fraud or is your solution just to scrap the whole program and screw the kids and old folks who are the primary recipients of welfare programs?

You do realize that you are living what most people would call the "American Dream", right? I mean, truthfully? I'm happy for you. You are living the way most people lived in the 50's, 60's and into the 70's... you know... before the Gipper took over and turned our economy into a money grab for the wealthiest people in our country? Now, MOST families have to have 2 incomes to make ends meet(and still live with a high debt load to keep this CONSUMER driven economy rolling).

So yeah... I have no problem with you not working. It IS your and your husband's choice. You're just lucky enough to have that choice. What you and your Conservative brethren don't realize is that most people don't have that choice and probably never will. Furthermore, those people that are dealing drugs in your neighborhood? Get involved. Do you have a neighborhood watch in your community? If so, is it active? Peering out your window while wringing your hands and clutching your pearls is not going to solve anything.

Call the cops on them constantly. Tell them that you have seen the drug dealing... that makes you a WITNESS.... but be prepared to testify in a court of law if they do get busted.

I agree completely. I've got no problem with her being able to stay home and take care of the kids. I work very hard to make sure that my partner can do the same, be home to take care of our children. I wish more parents had the same luxury...And being a stay at home parent IS work, very hard work and she has my respect for doing it.

But to then look at those less fortunate and hate a program that allows them to FEED their children simply because some people abuse the system, is ridiculous.

Welfare is meant to be used as a stepping stool but many times people are on it for years and years. There is at least 3 generations living in this house, no one works and they deal drugs, have shot guns and have police at their house multiply times . Dealing drugs should be a reason for them to get kicked out since its illegal. My own family (sister)has abused the system and I am not quiet about it!

Ok fine. I got that. So what do you want to see happen in regards to welfare because of this?

A time limit on how long you can be on it. Make them work. Do something for the country or city for the funds they get instead of sitting on their asses for free money to start

Not everyone on welfare sits at home and does nothing, some of them do have jobs although they don't pay that much, the welfare check is still needed to survive.

I agree completely. I've got no problem with her being able to stay home and take care of the kids. I work very hard to make sure that my partner can do the same, be home to take care of our children. I wish more parents had the same luxury...And being a stay at home parent IS work, very hard work and she has my respect for doing it.

But to then look at those less fortunate and hate a program that allows them to FEED their children simply because some people abuse the system, is ridiculous.

Exactly... I love the way the Conservative solution to people abusing welfare is to eliminate it. Cut with a chainsaw instead of a scalpel... it's the GOP mantra.

how do you know they aren't just waiting to hook up with a military guy, who will pay for all their shit.

Well I have to say..teenagers are the MOST challenging to get to school, and the ones you have to sit on the most.

I say this as I'm working on my third.

limited cars? :eek:

americans :cuckoo:

Just call the local DHHR, that's all you need to do.
anfd you will get the "our work load" we "will look into it" blah blah and nothing will be done.

Squeaky wheel rule applies.

And if they suspect it really is going on, they'll UA everybody in the hh.

I worked with a CW worker who would occasionally make "sweeps" in a certain community. It was hilarious the things she walked into (in a black sort of way) but we did fear for her life...

Lovebear, of course if your kids have reached critical mass and you have to stay home with them to get them through that's your business.

But a couple of things....if your husband is overseas, his income should be included in the HH income. It doesn't matter if he's out of the hh in the service, and if you aren't reporting that as income or him in the HH, you should be.

Also, there are lots of things we'd all rather do than work. I'd rather stay home with my kids too. BUT NOT IF I HAVE TO DRAW WELFARE TO SUBSIDIZE IT. While the program is definitely there to subsidize families for the express purpose of increasing the likelihood that children (particularly in SINGLE PARENT HOUSEHOLDS) will succeed, it's purpose is NOT to allow people, particularly in two-parent households, to fully realize their dreams of having a full time stay at home parent, if their income doesn't support that lifestyle.

There are times in some families, even two parents ones, when it's just too tight and it doesn't make sense for one of the parents to go to work. Maybe there are too many kids and you can't afford child care for them, maybe you have one or more who needs constant supervision, and in that case, you just can't work.

But welfare is not meant to provide people with a Donna Reed lifestyle. It is not the way to achieve The American Dream. It is meant as a stopgap to prevent you and your family from living on the street, or your children from turning into drug dealers and prostitutes. And I think using foodstamps to supplement an income that isn't quite sufficient to adequately feed (and house) a family is reasonable.

But when you talk "welfare" most of us think "cash assistance" or the whole package..medical, cash and foodstamps. And if you really have a husband overseas, you should probably be scrambling to beef up the kitty.

Lovebear, of course if your kids have reached critical mass and you have to stay home with them to get them through that's your business.

But a couple of things....if your husband is overseas, his income should be included in the HH income. It doesn't matter if he's out of the hh in the service, and if you aren't reporting that as income or him in the HH, you should be.

Also, there are lots of things we'd all rather do than work. I'd rather stay home with my kids too. BUT NOT IF I HAVE TO DRAW WELFARE TO SUBSIDIZE IT. While the program is definitely there to subsidize families for the express purpose of increasing the likelihood that children (particularly in SINGLE PARENT HOUSEHOLDS) will succeed, it's purpose is NOT to allow people, particularly in two-parent households, to fully realize their dreams of having a full time stay at home parent, if their income doesn't support that lifestyle.

There are times in some families, even two parents ones, when it's just too tight and it doesn't make sense for one of the parents to go to work. Maybe there are too many kids and you can't afford child care for them, maybe you have one or more who needs constant supervision, and in that case, you just can't work.

But welfare is not meant to provide people with a Donna Reed lifestyle. It is not the way to achieve The American Dream. It is meant as a stopgap to prevent you and your family from living on the street, or your children from turning into drug dealers and prostitutes. And I think using foodstamps to supplement an income that isn't quite sufficient to adequately feed (and house) a family is reasonable.

But when you talk "welfare" most of us think "cash assistance" or the whole package..medical, cash and foodstamps. And if you really have a husband overseas, you should probably be scrambling to beef up the kitty.

I have no problems with moms who have to work. I admire them that they can juggle both . For a long time I had no choice but to stay home. IT would have cost me more money in daycare then I could make to put 3 kid in. My husband was gone ALOT. I had my second son while he was under way and he did not see him for 6 months. I was pretty much a single mom with support of money because he was gone so much. I also have no problem with Welfare it self but when people abuse it and is on it for years and years and for generations I have a problem. If its used for a stepping stool or you are working and just not enough I have no problem. But unlike you or other people . My neighbors are not those people. They are clearly abusing the system while breaking the law and that was my whole point...

First off my husband earned everyone of those dollars so you have the fucking freedom to post what you do . PLUS he works a job and works 12 hours as well after he did 25 years of service. IT was his choice not for me to work so I dont so I am here for our kids. We pay our taxes so FUCK OFF

my freedom has never ever been at risk for all of my 30 years of life. There is nothing your husband did that affected that.

You on the other hand feed off his hard work, like a leech. Using my tax dollars to eat, and live...and to fuck around on the internets. You've done nothing but be a hole for your husband.

Im sure it was "his" choice, user. Dont make excuses for him, user.
You dont pay your taxes, he does, you dont work.

Your freedom has not been at risk, because better men and women than you have been standing guard to protect it, if need be, and the enemies of freedom have known that. You have that freedom and that life in the first place, because before you were even born, other Americans fought, sacrificed, bled and died paying the price for it. The rest of the world didn't just give liberty to you, me or any American; THEY DID, and you want to bitch about a man who gave a lifetime of service to this nation getting retirement pay? Shut up, you little ingrate! You really have no idea what a gift you've been given, courtesy of the Armed Forces of the United States of America. In your thirty years, what have YOU done for your country? Anything? Anything at all? Or do you just ask what America can do for you? Let me know when you actually give something back, and I don't mean paying taxes and running your mouth-I mean giving of your time and talent.

I'm so confused..I thought lovebear was drawing welfare while her husband was overseas.

I'm so confused..I thought lovebear was drawing welfare while her husband was overseas.
No Plasma ball says since hubby was military he pays his benefits but in fact I am sure he pays no federal taxes since he is low income.. We have never collected welfare in our lives, never received earned income credit or food stamps

No Plasma ball says since hubby was military he pays his benefits but in fact I am sure he pays no federal taxes since he is low income.. We have never collected welfare in our lives, never received earned income credit or food stamps

So does this mean you are one of those 47% that the right wing would like to see taxed so we don't have to raise taxes on the rich?

Forum List

Back