This is America

Can't say much for the choreography.

There's a couple hundred articles, videos and blog posts about what exactly the dancing is meant to represent, if that's a rabbit hole you want to go down.

Haven't seen those but doubtlessly overanalysis. Why would the dancing need to represent anything? That is, unless "dancing" is meant to also represent the shooting, the satire factor of which I fear will fly over a lot of heads. Can''t understand hardly any of what he's saying though.

I came across this video recently on a search to find out who Donald Glover was after seeing him in a hilarious SNL sketch. I knew the guy looked familiar but had never heard of the name "Donald Glover". Eventually I figured out where I knew him from --- the low-budget Derrick Comedy:

He was on the sitcom "Community", and now has his own show "Atlanta", also.

He's also going to play young Lando Calrissian in the upcoming young Han Solo movie.

The dance he does at the very beginning of the video is possibly a reference to the "Jump Jim Crow" a song and associated dance from the 1820s that essentially invented the idea of minstrel shows - white performers in blackface.

I don't think that's it.

At least from my perspective, he's asking more questions than he's answering - and recognizing the conflicts and shades of gray in everything. It's certainly not a happy statement - but I don't think it's as simple as "everything bad".

Maybe this is all just part of my reaction to it, rather than his intention - but I see a lot of conflict in the video.

Not to mention blasting a restrained man's brains to kingdom come.

:lol:

You know this is fictional, right?

That actor didn't die. He's still alive.

I understand that, why is it depicting such things?

Well, that's the question.

What do you think he was trying to say by showing that?

That he's a tard that doesn't know how the real world works? Idk. :dunno:

You seem pretty upset by the video. Does that mean it worked?

Contrary to the OP, there definitely are real, black, American patriots.

Keep that in mind, k?
Yes there are....perhaps YOU should keep that in mind. Of course, I suspect what you call patriotism..,and what I do..are very different things indeed.

Do elaborate. This may be enlightening. Or not, because I bet you're dumber than a bag of hammers.

Worst Doctor OP evah!. :meow:

I like Rap but I didn't like that. Compare this J Cole video and song to This Is America. The message is clear and musically it's far superior in my opinion.

The music's o.k., the message is way inferior. This stuff turns me off of most hip hop.

If that's what you wanna think. As to where it goes in real life is a different story..

iu

If that's what you wanna think. As to where it goes in real life is a different story..

iu

I don't know why you're having such a hard time with the idea that this is supposed to be a work of fiction.

Do you walk out of Star Wars movies whining that it doesn't reflect "real life"?

Unless your boy is looking to pull the trigger on some restrained individual, then all bets are off and that MFer gets put down before he can.

This is America.

Unless your boy is looking to pull the trigger on some restrained individual, then all bets are off and that MFer gets put down before he can.

This is America.
Did you also think Salvador Dali was going to chop people up and melt their bodies? Spain was a very violent place at one time.

If I'm really upset, I'm 100 yards on watch for you when you go to get your mail or pick your newspaper up in the am.

Sorry.

For perspective, it doesn't take much more than a cumulus cloud to trigger Maid Marion into inchoate babble. Witness his witless content in this thread thus far.

This is America.
Did you also think Salvador Dali was going to chop people up and melt their bodies? Spain was a very violent place at one time.

What?! You have some proof of that?

Are you really asking for proof that the Spanish Civil War happened?

For perspective, it doesn't take much more than a cumulus cloud to trigger Maid Marion into inchoate babble. Witness his witless content in this thread thus far.

This is America.

What exactly does that have to do with Salvador Dali chopping people up and melting their bodies?

Feel free to provide examples.

Otherwise, I'm thinking you're a nutbar

This is America.

Of course I do, why do you think I posted that?
005-salvador-dali-theredlist.jpg

Daki+painting.jpg

Yeah, that never happened.

I keeping that guy from Scrubs. I really couldn't watch it after the shooting the choir stuff. That might be YOUR America, if that is, we need to fix that. Just makes me cynical about modern America.

This is America.

What exactly does that have to do with Salvador Dali chopping people up and melting their bodies?

Are you blind or can you see the paintings? Do you understand art?

This is America.

Are you blind or can you see the paintings? Do you understand art?

Dali has nothing to do with those, next! Did you actually think I was some stranger to Salvador Dali or something? GFY Faggot. GTFU out my face.

Find that here:
Yeah, It's not there.
Salvador Dali Museum -

Last edited:

Forum List

Back