"There is no Black or White America, there is the Untied States of America"

What happened? Obama must have been lying in this speech. He has divided us more so than any president in recent history. it's sad to say that the first mixed race president has been so bad for race relations. He could have actually been the great uniter, instead he chose the opposite. What a waste:(

bigstockphoto_Divided_Nation_2586305.jpg

Indeed, America remains as divided as it ever was but you have failed to show where that is Obama's fault. Just saying it is one thing, proving it is another.

Perhaps you have forgotten that right wing resistance to Obama's presidency has never let up. Radio, television and news papers owned by the right have been the driving force in the campaign to destroy Obama's presidency. Nothing has divided the country more.

The self named White male "conservatives" have rallied within the Republican Party to reinforce their solidarity.
The GOP is the 'us" and the Democrats are the "them." The "us' being real Americans and 'them" , in the disillusioned conservative mind, enemies of the state.Obama, is the leader of "them.' and his blackness seemingly hurts his cause in the eyes of the GOP.

If we must saddle Obama with divisiveness at all, though, lets do it this way:

Cutting+the+Deficit+-+Corrected+.jpg

For those who don't have glasses the chart reads: The Deficit hs been cut in half since 2009
Post of the thread.

Did you leave out the word "BEST" post of the thread?

Obama had a chance to move the country forward on this issue and he failed miserably. He handled every single incident involving race the wrong way. From him saying the police acted stupidly to If I had a son he would have looked like Trayvon to him talking about years of police brutality. The problem with Obama is, the liberal naririve of white racism is not grounded in reality and facts, but they keep pushing their bullshit, no matter how much this really hurts the black community. If Obama actually told the truth to the black community, who knows how many black people he could inspire. But instead of tell the truth he tells them white racism is the problem. There's no difference between him and Sharpton.

Oh no. The first black president wasn't able to subside a tide of racism towards his presidency and black people noticed? Of course it causes distress.

Well, he kinda brought it on himself. And wait, so are you bringing it on yourself. Seven years ago during the election if someone:

Said don't vote for him - you were racist
Criticized his policies - you were racist
Criticized him personally - you were racist

The next year was pretty much the same, if someone:

Opposed Obamacare - you were racist
Wanted to Repeal Obamacare - you were racist
Wanted to cut spending - you were racist
Opposed raising the minimum wage - you were racist

It continued throughout his presidency, if someone

Was from the South - you were racist
Happened to simply be white - you needed to feel guilty and were racist
Wanted to give people jobs instead of welfare checks - you were racist

See the the pattern?

Democrats made the entire campaign about identity, they formed their entire agenda and their policy around identity. Any type of opposition to his presidency, his administration or his policies was labeled as racism, bigotry, misogyny or the like. It was all about race then. It is now. And people like you are still trying to play the race card when someone opposes the chosen one.

Get it through that ten inch thick carbon steel head of yours: None of the major opposition had or has anything to do with Obama's race. Why is it you perceive any dissent towards Obama as hateful racism? Did it ever occur to you that we would treat Obama the same way if he were white? It isn't his color. His color doesn't make one damn bit of difference. He is a terrible president, his policies are terrible; and that reality doesn't make me racist. It is only stating the truth.

But now, Obama has become the biggest source of racial division America has ever seen. He had a chance to bridge the racial divide, but he chose to throw gas on the fire. What you see in today's America is the result.

I keep thinking to myself...

If you keep beating a dead horse, it may just come back to life

What happened? Obama must have been lying in this speech. He has divided us more so than any president in recent history. it's sad to say that the first mixed race president has been so bad for race relations. He could have actually been the great uniter, instead he chose the opposite. What a waste:(

Instead he chose the truth, and many Whites hate the truth.

Oh no. The first black president wasn't able to subside a tide of racism towards his presidency and black people noticed? Of course it causes distress.

Well, he kinda brought it on himself. And wait, so are you bringing it on yourself. Seven years ago during the election if someone:

Said don't vote for him - you were racist
Criticized his policies - you were racist
Criticized him personally - you were racist

The next year was pretty much the same, if someone:

Opposed Obamacare - you were racist
Wanted to Repeal Obamacare - you were racist
Wanted to cut spending - you were racist
Opposed raising the minimum wage - you were racist

It continued throughout his presidency, if someone

Was from the South - you were racist
Happened to simply be white - you needed to feel guilty and were racist
Wanted to give people jobs instead of welfare checks - you were racist

See the the pattern?

Democrats made the entire campaign about identity, they formed their entire agenda and their policy around identity. Any type of opposition to his presidency, his administration or his policies was labeled as racism, bigotry, misogyny or the like. It was all about race then. It is now. And people like you are still trying to play the race card when someone opposes the chosen one.

Get it through that ten inch thick carbon steel head of yours: None of the major opposition had or has anything to do with Obama's race. Why is it you perceive any dissent towards Obama as hateful racism? Did it ever occur to you that we would treat Obama the same way if he were white? It isn't his color. His color doesn't make one damn bit of difference. He is a terrible president, his policies are terrible; and that reality doesn't make me racist. It is only stating the truth.

But now, Obama has become the biggest source of racial division America has ever seen. He had a chance to bridge the racial divide, but he chose to throw gas on the fire. What you see in today's America is the result.

I keep thinking to myself...

If you keep beating a dead horse, it may just come back to life
If you acted like a racist you were a racist, period.

How many seconds did it take you to read my post? Either you are a professional speed reader, or you simply just didn't read it.

What about holding a dissenting opinion of Obama makes me racist?
What about holding the view that Obama is a terrible president makes me racist?

Can you not counter with anything else other than racism? Of course not. You can't defend his policies. If you could, you wouldn't be sitting here right now calling people racist, now would you?

Indeed, America remains as divided as it ever was but you have failed to show where that is Obama's fault. Just saying it is one thing, proving it is another.

Perhaps you have forgotten that right wing resistance to Obama's presidency has never let up. Radio, television and news papers owned by the right have been the driving force in the campaign to destroy Obama's presidency. Nothing has divided the country more.

The self named White male "conservatives" have rallied within the Republican Party to reinforce their solidarity.
The GOP is the 'us" and the Democrats are the "them." The "us' being real Americans and 'them" , in the disillusioned conservative mind, enemies of the state.Obama, is the leader of "them.' and his blackness seemingly hurts his cause in the eyes of the GOP.

For those who don't have glasses the chart reads: The Deficit has been cut in half since 2009

What is that? A graph for ants?

"Resistance is racism." Is that it?

Obama had a chance to move the country forward on this issue and he failed miserably. He handled every single incident involving race the wrong way. From him saying the police acted stupidly to If I had a son he would have looked like Trayvon to him talking about years of police brutality. The problem with Obama is, the liberal naririve of white racism is not grounded in reality and facts, but they keep pushing their bullshit, no matter how much this really hurts the black community. If Obama actually told the truth to the black community, who knows how many black people he could inspire. But instead of tell the truth he tells them white racism is the problem. There's no difference between him and Sharpton.

I saw every one of those accounts and I then heard the conservative talking heads inculcate their base with their objections to them. Obama spoke his mind and I respect that. White presidents haven't been as forthcoming about domestic issues. They preferred to let the cops handle those matters until one Black man threatened to put police brutality on a world stage. Thanks MLK.

Obama didn't handle those situations wrongly in the minds of many Americans, just some of them. Can you guess who?
In fact his handling of those racial incidents reflected a departure from the indifference marking past administrations. But Gates was no thug, he was Obama's peer and colleague. I wouldn't have gone public with my feelings but I'm not Obama.

Liberal narrative of white racism? Is the liberal narrative of White racism any different than ay other narrative of White racism? Is that the narrative that begot the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Is that the narrative that was the impetus behind Martin Luther King's strategy? That liberal narrative seems based on factual evidence to me. There is plenty of documentation to back it up. Obama just has the backbone to articulate what past presidents would not or could not. The legacy of the Black struggle in America is inextricably tied to White racism and you know it. Let's not pretend it isn't so!

For those who don't have glasses the chart reads: The Deficit has been cut in half since 2009

What is that? A graph for ants?

To quote you:

You my friend, are racist.

"Whites hate the truth."

Sit down and consider your hypocrisy. You are just as guilty of racism as you claim others are.
Call me what you want, my father was White and I know what I am. Knew I could get you wound up, you are so predictable.

For those who don't have glasses the chart reads: The Deficit hs been cut in half since 2009

This guy would have been a much better president nobody made Obama do what he did your post is bullshit

The truth is you can actually do something in this country and we are blessed to be part of it. You don't have to stay impoverished we are not stuck in a bad situation that's the truth, To tell people they cant and make excuses for why they cant is pathetic

I saw every one of those accounts and I then heard the conservative talking heads inculcate their base with their objections to them. Obama spoke his mind and I respect that. White presidents haven't been as forthcoming about domestic issues. They preferred to let the cops handle those matters until one Black man threatened to put police brutality on a world stage. Thanks MLK.

Obama didn't handle those situations wrongly in the minds of many Americans, just some of them. Can you guess who?
In fact his handling of those racial incidents reflected a departure from the indifference marking past administrations. But Gates was no thug, he was Obama's peer and colleague. I wouldn't have gone public with my feelings but I'm not Obama.

Liberal narrative of white racism? Is the liberal narrative of White racism any different than ay other narrative of White racism? Is that the narrative that begot the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Is that the narrative that was the impetus behind Martin Luther King's strategy? That liberal narrative seems based on factual evidence to me. There is plenty of documentation to back it up. Obama just has the backbone to articulate what past presidents would not or could not. The legacy of the Black struggle in America is inextricably tied to White racism and you know it. Let's not pretend it isn't so!

Obama could have rose above all the bullshit and used himself as an example. Racism doesn't hold anybody down in this country

220px-Ben_Carson_by_Gage_Skidmore_3.jpg

What should he have done differently?
Not hire Al Sharpton as a "race adviser" Today Obama blamed Slavery and Jim Crow for riots? WTF?

I think today's racial issues have a basis in slavery and Jim Crow as well as many other aspects of our past. Do we not have a representative democracy today because we struggled under another government? The past helps craft our future, it's a part of us.

You have people (way more than healthy) on this board who day after day go on these racial tears. The victimized whites. I tell ya', if you can't make it in America because you are white, you really suck at life.
Yeah cause us white males should be happy to be the victim of racial and gender bias for past wrongs done by our forefathers. ROLLS EYES Funny how you assholes think the way to resolve racism is through racism. Yeah ok, NO IT'S NOT FUNNY.

What should he have done differently?
Not hire Al Sharpton as a "race adviser" Today Obama blamed Slavery and Jim Crow for riots? WTF?

I think today's racial issues have a basis in slavery and Jim Crow as well as many other aspects of our past. Do we not have a representative democracy today because we struggled under another government? The past helps craft our future, it's a part of us.

You have people (way more than healthy) on this board who day after day go on these racial tears. The victimized whites. I tell ya', if you can't make it in America because you are white, you really suck at life.
Yeah cause us white males should be happy to be the victim of racial and gender bias for past wrongs done by our forefathers. ROLLS EYES Funny how you assholes think the way to resolve racism is through racism. Yeah ok, NO IT'S NOT FUNNY.

Racism is not the problem in this country it's the people who sue race to divide us or as an excuse for people.

Forum List

Back