There have been 273 mass shootings in the US so far in 2017 — here's the full list

Think about this...that's just about 1 mass shooting per day of this year so far.
yea, its about like that every year isnt it?

I don't believe so. This year has been the worst so far, AFAIK.
I know that 2015 was really bad as i posted a link for it today.
I do know its a big problem actually calculating this stuff, because there is no set definition of "mass shooting"

thanks , plus i think that rifles are banned in France but i think their death toll by rifles and guns is over that number . Think that the French ' WIN ' as they had 139 deaths at a 'little girl' music concert of some type didn't they Sytfe

I'm sorry, I can't respond to this post because it wasn't composed in English.

Take everyone's guns, that'll show the criminals who's boss.

Let's just ask the Australians if it worked for them. Oh wait -- it did work for them.
Given we have illegaly manufactured cluster bombs, known to have a 90% collateral casualty rate in the field, and provided them to the Wahabists in Saudi Arabia to rain down on fishing villages in Yemen, I doubt whether america is much interested in measures to curtail violence that actually work.

Think about this...that's just about 1 mass shooting per day of this year so far.

I do know its a big problem actually calculating this stuff, because there is no set definition of "mass shooting"

That's pretty similar to "It depends on what your definition of the word is, is.”

It's generally defined as 4+ deaths per shooting from what I can tell.

The death toll continues to rise on Monday in Las Vegas, Nevada, where a gunman killed at least 59 people and injured at least 527 others at a country music festival on Sunday night.

It was the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history.

The incident marked the 273rd mass shooting in 2017, according to the nonprofit Gun Violence Archive, which tracks shootings in the US. To put this into perspective, we are 275 days into the year, which means the US has had nearly as many mass shootings as days in 2017.

There have been 273 mass shootings in the US so far in 2017 — here's the full list
-----------------------

Unbelievable.
Everyone already knows your list is bullshit propaganda. It has been debunked 1000 times.

However, the Gun Violence Archive counts any shooting attack where four or more people are injured as a mass shooting. This is a looser standard than the FBI standard for mass murder which they describe as "a number of murders (four or more) occurring during the same incident, with no distinctive time period between the murders."

Only 8 of the 154 incidents the Gun Violence Archive meet the FBI standard for mass murder.

. . . . . .

The FBI excluded gang-related shootings from their count, but included incidents where nobody was shot or killed.
Most of the so-called "mass shootings" are conducted by drug gangs.

Last edited:

It's generally defined as 3 or 4 deaths per shooting from what I can tell.
yea, generally. Since there isnt a "set" definition, people will use only what stats they want.
I have seen stats that went by info where only 4 or 5 people had to be hurt.
IDK
It doesnt fucking matter. Its terrible no matter how you want to look at it. Humans suck.

The death toll continues to rise on Monday in Las Vegas, Nevada, where a gunman killed at least 59 people and injured at least 527 others at a country music festival on Sunday night.

The incident marked the 273rd mass shooting in 2017, according to the nonprofit Gun Violence Archive, which tracks shootings in the US. To put this into perspective, we are 275 days into the year, which means the US has had nearly as many mass shootings as days in 2017.

-----------------------

Unbelievable.
Everyone already knows your list is bullshit propaganda. It has been debunked 1000 times.
Well that was deep, meaningful and enlightening, thanks. :asshole:

-----------------------

Unbelievable.

No, it hasn't. But thanks for playing, Vlad. Take your bullshit trolling elsewhere.

It's generally defined as 3 or 4 deaths per shooting from what I can tell.
yea, generally. Since there isnt a "set" definition, people will use only what stats they want.
I have seen stats that went by info where only 4 or 5 people had to be hurt.
IDK
It doesnt fucking matter. Its terrible no matter how you want to look at it. Humans suck.
American society sucks.

It's generally defined as 4+ deaths per shooting from what I can tell.

In that case 24 on the first page of your link doesn't qualify...LOL

-----------------------

Unbelievable.
Just the thought of that many deaths to use as a political football gives you a little chub, doesn't it?

Its okay to admit it here. It won't leave this room.

Start at :25.

Now one would assume the orange-turd would say "If some of those people had a rocket launcher strapped to their back, half the Mandalay Bay Hotel could have been taken out - they're rapists, they're thieves, and some, I assume, are good people. But they had to be taken out folks, I'm sorry. Better that 59 people die in the Hotel than the 59 good people at the concert."

-----------------------

Unbelievable.
Just the thought of that many deaths to use as a political football gives you a little chub, doesn't it?

D- trolling. You need to work on being less obvious.

-----------------------

Unbelievable.
Gun violence archive?

-----------------------

Unbelievable.

Thanks for conceding the point.

You should probably see a mental health professional about that, by the way. They're doing amazing things for sociopaths these days, I hear.

-----------------------

Unbelievable.

What demographic criteria is being used? What I mean is, how many of the shootings that comprise the list were gang related or were the result of another crime being committed?
The criteria was mass shootings in 2017.

Yeah, I get that is what the people with an agenda used to make the list, are always this obtuse?

Some lists don't include gang related shootings, shootings that resulted from another crime, domestic violence, or shootings in which the victims were known to the shooter. Until relatively recently, mass shootings were considered those where the shooter killed X or more people who were strangers.

It all depends on how one wishes to skew that statistics.

-----------------------

Unbelievable.

There have been 273 "mass shootings" of questionable definition. Two dead and four injured is not a "mass shooting". It's a party in Baltimore.

Gun owners in the US total in excess of 100,000,000.

Too many shootings? Yes, but consider the percentages.

The number of instances could hardly be more insignificant against the number of gun owners. I'd wager 85% of those shooters should not have been on the street to start with.

thanks , plus i think that rifles are banned in France but i think their death toll by rifles and guns is over that number . Think that the French ' WIN ' as they had 139 deaths at a 'little girl' music concert of some type didn't they Sytfe

I'm sorry, I can't respond to this post because it wasn't composed in English.

Take everyone's guns, that'll show the criminals who's boss.

Let's just ask the Australians if it worked for them. Oh wait -- it did work for them.

Move, we'll be better off without a coward like you anyway.

Start at :25.

Now one would assume the orange-turd would say "If some of those people had a rocket launcher strapped to their back, half the Mandalay Bay Hotel could have been taken out - they're rapists, they're thieves, and some, I assume, are good people. But they had to be taken out folks, I'm sorry. Better that 59 people die in the Hotel than the 59 good people at the concert."

Yeah, exactly. If only the crowd were armed to the teeth. They all could've "defended" themselves.

-----------------------

Unbelievable.

Thanks for conceding the point.

You should probably see a mental health professional about that, by the way. They're doing amazing things for sociopaths these days, I hear.

Conceding what point, troll? It would be great if you could at least try to be coherent. Instead of drooling all over your keyboard and hitting "post reply," work on actually making a post that makes sense.

The hoplophobes can't wait for the bodies to be cold before flogging their agendas. Freud would have had a field day with these idiots.

Forum List

Back