What to Know About Ruger’s AR-10, Weapon Recovered in the Lewiston Mass Shootings

M14 Shooter

The Light of Truth
Sep 26, 2007
Bridge, USS Enterprise
Last night, law enforcement officials confirmed that the gunman in Lewiston, Maine, likely used a Ruger SFAR, an AR-10 that fires a .308 caliber cartridge, even more powerful than the AR-15.'

Apparently, the Lewiston ME shooter used an AR-10, not an AR-15.
This means he was shooting 7.62x51, and explains why, in proportion to the average mas shooting with an AR15, so many more people were killed.

For a moment, I thought the anti-gun loons would realize all their prattle about the obscene power of 5.56x45 was ignorant nonsense.
Instead, they double down.

What we know about the weapon: The rifle was a Ruger SFAR, chambered for high-powered .308 ammunition, the sources said.
The .308 round is favored by military snipers firing at long distances and big game hunters. It's larger and more powerful than the regular ammunition carried in the rifles of soldiers and SWAT teams.

Silly me.

The (D)ishonest prey upon the emotions of the ignorant

Who cares about the weapon?

The muppet killed a bunch of innocent people. Are you starting a thread to brag about the fact that the muppet used this gun vs that gun?

Are you serious?
Would he have gone inside either business had he believed there were well armed citizens there? America has not had mass killings at police stations. If you wonder why, it is the occupants are armed to the gills.

I do so bugger

Would he have gone inside either business had he believed there were well armed citizens there? America has not had mass killings at police stations. If you wonder why, it is the occupants are armed to the gills.
I don't think that way. I am trained and I can handle a weapon better than most.

What I don't do is start a thread about "which gun to use" bullshit.

That's all.

I recall the anti-gun libs claiming the AR-15 is not suitable for hunting because of the 5.56NATO/.223Rem round not being a hunting round. Which is absolutely wrong.

Now, when a standard hunting round is used, they don't seem concerned about it.

Isn’t the .308 that armor piercing depleted uranium explosive tipped round the documentary series Rambo uses? Civilians don’t need those nuclear tipped assault rounds when a paint ball gun is just fine I tell you. That guys insanity would never have materialized if only more people would have given up their firearms for the children.

I don't think that way. I am trained and I can handle a weapon better than most.

What I don't do is start a thread about "which gun to use" bullshit.

That's all.
I believe the OP was trying to correct the press by calling out the correct weapon used by this mental case who killed himself.

I believe the OP was trying to correct the press by calling out the correct weapon used by this mental case who killed himself.
Whatever. People died. If if was your brother or sister that died, would you be concerned about the weapon used?

Bunch of bullshit, imho.

Whatever. People died. If if was your brother or sister that died, would you be concerned about the weapon used?

Bunch of bullshit, imho.
So you would advise the press and Democrats to stop mentioning weapons as assault weapons and do not mention the caliber?

Glock 22 (.40 cal) was my gun. With a Mossberg pump action buck shot as a backup.

Fun days until my son was born - then I decided to hang them up.

That's me.

To each, their own.
When I was a Teen in high school, the School program taught us gun safety and we fired live rounds at the school range.

Last night, law enforcement officials confirmed that the gunman in Lewiston, Maine, likely used a Ruger SFAR, an AR-10 that fires a .308 caliber cartridge, even more powerful than the AR-15.'

Apparently, the Lewiston ME shooter used an AR-10, not an AR-15.
This means he was shooting 7.62x51, and explains why, in proportion to the average mas shooting with an AR15, so many more people were killed.

For a moment, I thought the anti-gun loons would realize all their prattle about the obscene power of 5.56x45 was ignorant nonsense.
Instead, they double down.

What we know about the weapon: The rifle was a Ruger SFAR, chambered for high-powered .308 ammunition, the sources said.
The .308 round is favored by military snipers firing at long distances and big game hunters. It's larger and more powerful than the regular ammunition carried in the rifles of soldiers and SWAT teams.

Silly me.

The (D)ishonest prey upon the emotions of the ignorant
But how can that be? 10 is less than 15! :abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back