The Washington Football Team announces its new team name as the Washington Commanders

not bad i guess. best of luck

You don't notice a problem with that name?
63njtk.jpg

IDC what they are called. I quit caring about them when i realized how racist management was against Indians.

Call them: "the Team that allows the Eagles to gain ground on the Cowboys"
😃

Hail to the Commanders
Hail Victory
Hail to the Commanders
Fight for Old DC!

not bad i guess. best of luck

Let’s not focus on whether the Washington Commanders is a good name, but instead focus on the fact a red and yellow team located in Washington DC named itself something that can be shortened to Commies.

Focus on the hilarious aspect of NO ONE realizing this over 2 years.

Washington Redskins
1643824084552.png

Last edited:
I’ve been a fan of the Washington NFL franchise for about 40 years now. Through ups and downs.

I was not happy 18 months ago when they threw away the better part of a century of tradition over political correctness. I was not a fan of the interim name they’ve used the last 2 seasons. I do not love the new branding either, though “Commanders” is better than some of the other options they were looking at.

I would have far preferred RedWolves or Redtails (the bird not the military unit). I have difficulty believing an organization as large and financially equipped as that team could not have worked through the trademark and copyright issues in a timely manner.

Rhat being said, I’m going to give this new brand some time to grow and age on me. If it ages like fine wine and cheese, great. If it grows like black mold, then I may have to cleanse myself and move on to greener pastures.

Though i am going to miss the fight song

I’ve been a fan of the Washington NFL franchise for about 40 years now. Through ups and downs.

I was not happy 18 months ago when they threw away the better part of a century of tradition over political correctness. I was not a fan of the interim name they’ve used the last 2 seasons. I do not love the new branding either, though “Commanders” is better than some of the other options they were looking at.

I would have far preferred RedWolves or Redtails (the bird not the military unit). I have difficulty believing an organization as large and financially equipped as that team could not have worked through the trademark and copyright issues in a timely manner.

Rhat being said, I’m going to give this new brand some time to grow and age on me. If it ages like fine wine and cheese, great. If it grows like black mold, then I may have to cleanse myself and move on to greener pastures.

Though i am going to miss the fight song
Commander implies military, and we all they’re baby killers. And Washington? Really? A slave owner for a team name. They should be called

The

That’s it. You’re a fan of The

Forum List

Back