The US has lost their moral compass

Our founding Fathers based our country on a moral dictate

"all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

The morality is gone as is the dream of the founding Fathers.
"all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Odd they forgot to add Indians. Blacks, and women when that was written.

They did, 1st line, please keep up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they included Indians, Blacks, and Women in the first line?

You mush have a different copy.

The Declaration of Independence: Full text
We kind of cover anyone who is American and does not seem to cover Wetbacks or those who swim into the River to cross into America. Soros is cheap and will not give them a boat.

Ridiculous.
Billy is one smart dude
He is saying the Declaration of Independence is ridiculous.
What is ridiculous is Billy and his kind.
all men were created equal if you owned land and were the same color as they were......
And don't forget! You had to be a male! They treated the other half of humanity as if we did not exist. Think of it: a full one-half of humanity is off the playing board.

That was women's accepted role in the late 18th Century.

To apply 21st Century mores to 18th Century society makes you appear moronic.
I have alway felt that women have been in charge longer than you or I think.

the right wing doesn't care about natural rights.

They only care about money.
It is ironic that the average Trump supporter does not have much money. They believe Trump's BS that he will make them rich.
Trump is making the rich richer, he is providing some tax relief for the middle class and below but the tax relief is being paid for through are increasing debt.
After the tariffs kick in and our goods increase in price the tax savings is gone.
under obama the rich got richer too....he sure as hell did....
You are correct that rich got richer under Obama. He tried to pour cold water on the separation of wealth but the system has to much impetus to be changed.
Trump is pouring gasoline on the rich getting richer. Wait until we all see the results.
You sure dont sound like a very rich person, as you keep saying the rich are getting richer, instead of you saying, "Damn! I' am getting richer", as I told you I was. Your problem is, even though a poor black guy from Louisiana(yeah he voted Democrat and is till uber wealthy) he used his God given gift to achieve his greatness, not stay a victim of liberalism as you leftards bitch about all the time. Instead of keeping the rich getting richer, get off your lazy ass and become rich. Unless you are a Kennedy with a silver spoon up your ass, even you can achieve greatness as Morgan Freeman said. Just stop being a fucking Victim...Dumbass.

Ridiculous.
Billy is one smart dude
all men were created equal if you owned land and were the same color as they were......
We are more enlightened than the founding Fathers. They were progressives of their time.
Can you believe the founding Fathers were progressives?
sure just like progressives today.....racists and bigots...

We went from the greatest generation who grew up with nothing and saved the world in WW2, to the most spoiled hedonistic 60's kids the world has ever seen.
Agnew called us, "effete intellectuals and impudent snobs, who overwhelm themselves with drugs and artificial stimulants".
^
Yes... But oh, what fun we had...
Yes some of us grew up and someway became responsible citizens.View attachment 223389

Tell that to the Gold Star families, Cindy Sheehan, the family of Capt. Humayun Khan. Tell it to the maimed like Tammy Duckworth, Max Cleland. The memory of people who died or who were maimed in combat should not be used to make any political point. Many of these people were died or were maimed were involved in situations brought about by the misfeasance of our leadership.

Ridiculous.
Billy is one smart dude
And don't forget! You had to be a male! They treated the other half of humanity as if we did not exist. Think of it: a full one-half of humanity is off the playing board.

These "Founding Fathers" still did it. How did it come about that the female population had an "accepted role" in 18th century society that wiped one half of the population off of the map? This only goes to prove that there was a custom of woman-hating that goes back hundreds, if not thousands, of years. Yes. It occurred, but it certainly does not justify it.

This "we've been fucking you over for a long time" in no way justifies it or its continuance into the future.

Ridiculous.
Billy is one smart dude

These "Founding Fathers" still did it. How did it come about that the female population had an "accepted role" in 18th century society that wiped one half of the population off of the map? This only goes to prove that there was a custom of woman-hating that goes back hundreds, if not thousands, of years. Yes. It occurred, but it certainly does not justify it.

This "we've been fucking you over for a long time" in no way justifies it or its continuance into the future.

Your ignorance is a wonder to behold.

the right wing doesn't care about natural rights.

They only care about money.
It is ironic that the average Trump supporter does not have much money. They believe Trump's BS that he will make them rich.
Trump is making the rich richer, he is providing some tax relief for the middle class and below but the tax relief is being paid for through are increasing debt.
After the tariffs kick in and our goods increase in price the tax savings is gone.
Did Obama when he enacted Obummercare, and made the full time work week that used to be 40 hours now 29 hours, do you think the middle class was better off? You are a dumb mother fucker for sure.

Obamacare Mandate: Anyone Who Works 30-Hour Week Is Now 'Full-Time'

During Obama’s Presidency Wealth Inequality has Increased and Poverty Levels are Higher

New Statistics Show Decline in Poverty in Trump's First Year

He did that to fudge his job creation numbers.
92% of Obies new jobs created were part-time jobs under this new construct.

:link::linky:

One cannot lose what one never had. This country has never had a moral compass.

This country, like all countries, has done what was best for the country without any regard to morals.

From the Indian genocide to the Tuskegee Study and everything in between and after...none of it was moral.

You Left out the cause of this......THE UNHINGED LEFT

This country, like all countries, has done what was best for the country without any regard to morals.
From the Indian genocide to the Tuskegee Study and everything in between and after...none of it was moral.

Somewhat of a stupid point....
This type of thing has been going on since the DAWN OF MAN. Human nature.
ALL nations and ALL of man's history...not just the USA, which by most standards was FAR above and better than most.

"Moral Compasses" are always relative.

It has indeed had a moral compass, relatively speaking....and as that compass loses it 's bearing, so goes the nation. Sure, bad things have happened....so have great things.

Of all the nations on Earth, the USA is where I'd prefer to live.
However, the loss of a moral compass by politicians and so many Americans has really tarnished the place badly.

Last edited:

Somewhat of a stupid point....
This type of thing has been going on since the DAWN OF MAN. Human nature.
ALL nations and ALL of man's history...not just the USA, which by most standards was FAR above and better than most.

"Moral Compasses" are always relative.

It has indeed had a moral compass, relatively speaking....and as that compass loses it 's bearing, so goes the nation. Sure, bad things have happened....so have great things.

Of all the nations on Earth, the USA is where I'd prefer to live.
However, the loss of a moral compass by politicians and so many Americans has really tarnished the place badly.

I did mention that all nations are the same in this manner.

A Moral Compass in regards to a country is not relative, it is imaginary. People have a moral compass, groups do not.

But I do agree that politics has taken the place of a moral compass for a great many Americans. We see examples daily on this forum

I remember my father, who used to play classical music and tell of how civilization was all about moving upward away from tribalism. Today, with "C"rap music, battle markings on faces and arms, thuggery at every turn, we can see how humanity has lowered itself to the scum, instead of continuing up the ladder to greatness. Yeah, there are still a few civilized "FOLKS" around, but when I see a young white kid trying to be a prison bitch with his pants below his ass, I shake my head, how liberalism has destroyed the fabric of morality....

lol DTDT See post #73
`
That's your opinion. The term "moral compass" is a metaphor. A moral compass is a feeling that guides people from doing or understanding right and wrong. This feeling is described as a compass which gives us a reference to how this feeling functions. To that extent, your opinion on it has no greater or less worth than anyone elses.

As a government, the US never had a moral compass. That's my opinion. Groups within it did but even then, their definitions varied wildly.
`

Forum List

Back