The truth of the electric vehicle delusion........with key points from Canada...

Hahaha you think on a three hundred mile ride you’d run all electric? Or hybrid?
Strangely, that's the same case for headlights having high-beam and low-beam.
You don't use either the high-beams or the ICE unless you need to. And 95% of the time you don't need to use them.

Ah come on dude, I explained to you the problem with EV, it ain’t got ice technology. EV only sucks donkey dong
you didnt explain anything,,

I gave you proof an EV can be driven for free with the right preparation,, I also gave you dozens of examples of people doing exactly that,,

sure ev have their problems just like ICE has its problems,,,

I to agree hybrid is a better option but that is irrelevant to the discussion you kept ignoring and running away from,,

Ah come on dude, I explained to you the problem with EV, it ain’t got ice technology. EV only sucks donkey dong
Your argument translates to, if an EV isn't practical for everybody, then it isn't practical for anybody.

That argument fails for anything.

I to agree hybrid is a better option but that is irrelevant to the discussion you kept ignoring and running away from,,
No car is the right car for everybody. Everybody has their own unique needs, and their own unique resources.

No car is the right car for everybody. Everybody has their own unique needs, and their own unique resources.
thats why we/I have 3,,

a 1 ton truck a 1 ton van thats getting retired and a smaller one for running around in,, right now thats a trail blazer that my mother in law drove before she moved in next door and decided she wasnt going to drive anymore,,

OH and my 68 ford wagon

I gave you proof an EV can be driven for free with the right preparation,, I also gave you dozens of examples of people doing exactly that,,

sure ev have their problems just like ICE has its problems,,,

Holy shit you gave into the dark side! Free? How

Holy shit you gave into the dark side! Free? How
minus the initial costs,,,

and if you already have a solar system on your house theres no extra cost,,,

no more going to pay for high gas prices from you dems and repubes,,

minus the initial costs,,,

and if you already have a solar system on your house theres no extra cost,,,

no more going to pay for high gas prices from you dems and repubes,,
How much for the solar system? Ain’t free. No solar prices

people are already doing it on large scales,,

just telling me no just means you dont know shit about the whole topic,,

here is a guy that set up a small system for his prius and last I heard hes driving it for free

he is an installer of solar panel systems and has installed dozens if not hundreds of systems that also charge a car along with running the entire house,,

his videos are long and detailed so it might not be your thing,,

nothing is free, and certainly driving a Prius is not free.

For all you naysayers out there who say that EV's will never be viable because they are too heavy, burst into fire or take too long to charge or can't get the same amount of miles as an ICE engine................

Well, apparently Toyota has been working on this for some time and now has a solid state battery (no more flammable electrolytes) that is smaller (not as heavy) and can charge in 10 minutes, as well as has a range of over 700 miles per charge.

Yeah, I agree..............when electric vehicles first came out, they were woefully unsuited to the needs of the average person with their low range, long charge, etc. But, those problems have been being worked on for a long time, and it looks like the game changer in the form of Toyota's new batteries are just the ticket.

And..................Toyota says they will have production models with the new solid state batteries out within the next 2 years.

For all you naysayers out there who say that EV's will never be viable because they are too heavy, burst into fire or take too long to charge or can't get the same amount of miles as an ICE engine................

Well, apparently Toyota has been working on this for some time and now has a solid state battery (no more flammable electrolytes) that is smaller (not as heavy) and can charge in 10 minutes, as well as has a range of over 700 miles per charge.

Yeah, I agree..............when electric vehicles first came out, they were woefully unsuited to the needs of the average person with their low range, long charge, etc. But, those problems have been being worked on for a long time, and it looks like the game changer in the form of Toyota's new batteries are just the ticket.

And..................Toyota says they will have production models with the new solid state batteries out within the next 2 years.
like all new tech it takes time to work out all the kinks,,,

like all new tech it takes time to work out all the kinks,,,

Actually, Toyota HAS worked out the kinks. They've been working on EV's for over a decade and have tried all sorts of different approaches to this problem, which is why their new solid state battery is such a game changer.

Sorry I got the rollout wrong, it's actually gonna be in 2027 (4 years from now) when they start selling them.

Toyota doesn't make big announcements like this unless they are sure they can do it.

far more places than that,,

think about the smog problem in LA,, with over 300 days of sun with solar panels on most houses and most commuting done with electric they would never have a pollution problem again,, and thats not even getting into the oil spilled on the roads that ends up in the rivers and oceans,,

the maintenance on drive trains is almost zero on EV,, not so much on ICE,,

and as I explained if I felt inclined to do it I could set up a small solar panel system and would never pay for 99% of my transportation again,,

But the life of the battery makes them a waste of money...

Forum List

Back