The truth of the electric vehicle delusion........with key points from Canada...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Electric vehicles are not meant to help people with cheap ways tor travel............they are meant to reduce access to energy, so that the rich and elite can feel smug and superior about themselves.....the poor? They will just have to sweat and freeze and ride miserable public transportation systems......

The lies about electric vehicles keep getting shoveled out there.....

One sadly disillusioned Canadian citizen is already calling EV’s the “biggest scam of modern times.”Wait until he finds out the government expects Canadians to make the things their primary vehicles.

Dalbir Bala, who lives in the Winnipeg area, bought a Ford F-150 Lightning EV in January for $115,000 Canadian dollars (around $85,000 U.S. dollars), plus tax. Ford said the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) on the vehicle is $77,495 U.S. dollars.
But Bala was quickly hit with the reality of owning and operating an EV soon after the purchase. The vehicle compelled him to install two chargers – one at work and one at home – for $10,000. To accommodate the charger, he had to upgrade his home’s electric panel for $6,000.

In all, Bala spent more than $130,000 – plus tax.
Not long after the purchase, Bala got into a minor accident which, he said, required “light assembly” on the front bumper. Bala took the vehicle to the body shop and did not get it back for six months. He said no one from Ford answered his email or phone calls for help.
The limitations of the EV truck became even more apparent when Bala embarked on a chaotic 1,400-mile road trip to Chicago.

I don’t think the price tag is going to fly with your average Joe, less mind the irritation – the guy’s story is a nightmare. I’m sure he’s telling all his Canadian neighbors.

Electric vehicles are not meant to help people with cheap ways tor travel............they are meant to reduce access to energy, so that the rich and elite can feel smug and superior about themselves.....the poor? They will just have to sweat and freeze and ride miserable public transportation systems......

The lies about electric vehicles keep getting shoveled out there.....

One sadly disillusioned Canadian citizen is already calling EV’s the “biggest scam of modern times.”Wait until he finds out the government expects Canadians to make the things their primary vehicles.

Dalbir Bala, who lives in the Winnipeg area, bought a Ford F-150 Lightning EV in January for $115,000 Canadian dollars (around $85,000 U.S. dollars), plus tax. Ford said the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) on the vehicle is $77,495 U.S. dollars.
But Bala was quickly hit with the reality of owning and operating an EV soon after the purchase. The vehicle compelled him to install two chargers – one at work and one at home – for $10,000. To accommodate the charger, he had to upgrade his home’s electric panel for $6,000.

In all, Bala spent more than $130,000 – plus tax.
Not long after the purchase, Bala got into a minor accident which, he said, required “light assembly” on the front bumper. Bala took the vehicle to the body shop and did not get it back for six months. He said no one from Ford answered his email or phone calls for help.
The limitations of the EV truck became even more apparent when Bala embarked on a chaotic 1,400-mile road trip to Chicago.

I don’t think the price tag is going to fly with your average Joe, less mind the irritation – the guy’s story is a nightmare. I’m sure he’s telling all his Canadian neighbors.

two things can be true at once,,
EVs can be a cheaper and superior option and the government can be trying to end fossil fuels at the same time,,

EVs can be a cheaper and superior option and the government can be trying to end fossil fuels at the same time,,

They are not cheaper, they are not superior........so only one of your points is actually true....

I doubt you can afford to go all electric vehicle. They are not low priced.

They are not cheaper, they are not superior........so only one of your points is actually true....
I said can be,, as with all new tech the first stages are more expensive,, and if I wanted to I could set up a solar system for under 5K and I would never have to pay for local transportation again which is 99% of my needs,,

I said can be,, as with all new tech the first stages are more expensive,, and if I wanted to I could set up a solar system for under 5K and I would never have to pay for local transportation again which is 99% of my needs,,
1txerc.jpg

There is no bad in electric cars. But there is no need to haul around those very heavy batteries that when catching on fire, cause the vehicle to be a total loss. I suggest hydrogen cars.

Golf course, you’re right
far more places than that,,

think about the smog problem in LA,, with over 300 days of sun with solar panels on most houses and most commuting done with electric they would never have a pollution problem again,, and thats not even getting into the oil spilled on the roads that ends up in the rivers and oceans,,

the maintenance on drive trains is almost zero on EV,, not so much on ICE,,

and as I explained if I felt inclined to do it I could set up a small solar panel system and would never pay for 99% of my transportation again,,

far more places than that,,

think about the smog problem in LA,, with over 300 days of sun with solar panels on most houses and most commuting done with electric they would never have a pollution problem again,, and thats not even getting into the oil spilled on the roads that ends up in the rivers and oceans,,

the maintenance on drive trains is almost zero on EV,, not so much on ICE,,

and as I explained if I felt inclined to do it I could set up a small solar panel system and would never pay for 99% of my transportation again,,
Uhhh no.

People won’t wait 45 minutes to charge their cars on the road!!!

Stop with the demofks narrative

Last edited:

Forum List

Back