The Trump "So What" Defense.

I would go with the "I've done nothing that countless Presidents before me have done as well...so bite me!" defense! :)

Credible proof?
That countless Presidents have done things with policy to hurt their political opponents and help themselves? I'm a history major...did you want me to start citing examples of where that was done? I don't think it's worth my time quite frankly, Lakhota because when I do you're going to ignore them just as you've already ignored them.

Just provide credible proof that even one former president did what Trump* has been impeached for.

Name a President!

Gee, some history major. Thanks for playing...

I would go with the "I've done nothing that countless Presidents before me have done as well...so bite me!" defense! :)

Credible proof?
That countless Presidents have done things with policy to hurt their political opponents and help themselves? I'm a history major...did you want me to start citing examples of where that was done? I don't think it's worth my time quite frankly, Lakhota because when I do you're going to ignore them just as you've already ignored them.

Just provide credible proof that even one former president did what Trump* has been impeached for.

Name a President!

I asked you to name a President. Having a problem doing that?

Credible proof?

Name a President!

I asked you to name a President. Having a problem doing that?

President Obama. Prove to us that he did what Trump* was impeached for. We're talking apples to apples here.

Lakhota, you continue to argue with conservatives who have proven they have lost all grip on reality,‭ ‬and no longer represent the high standards of what it means to be an American.

When trump moved into the White House the world witnessed the complete loss for rational thought by all die-hard Republicans and most who identify as moderate Republicans,‭ ‬and saw the United States lurch toward the plutocracy conservatives long to establish.

As of November‭ ‬2016‭ ‬Republican politicians had the final proof their‭ "‬Southern Strategy‭" ‬was,‭ ‬at last,‭ ‬a nationwide success.

Conservative Christians saw the Electoral College install a vindictive and hate-filled individual who echoed their feelings towards non-whites‭ (‬both foreign and native born‭)‬,‭ ‬women,‭ ‬the LGBTQ community,‭ ‬non-Christians,‭ ‬liberals,‭ ‬progressives,‭ ‬moderates,‭ ‬and everyone else who does not live down to the righties‭’ ‬despicable ideals.

Their deplorable leader trump,‭ ‬validates their Nazi racism,‭ ‬bigotry,‭ ‬and general hatred that civilized society had forced them to keep to themselves since the‭ ‬1960s.

You must realize,‭ ‬as mindless Nazi followers,‭ ‬the trump voters cannot accept any wrongdoing or act of corruption by any of their Republican heroes as a crime or impeachable offense.‭ ‬But,‭ ‬also remember they viewed President Obama’s wearing of a tan suit as shameful,‭ ‬and a reason he should be removed from office.‭

So,‭ ‬despite all the conservatives‭’ ‬claims to be experts in domestic and world economics,‭ ‬foreign policy,‭ ‬all aspects of science,‭ ‬and every other subject known to mankind,‭ ‬as a rational person you obviously understand conservatives truly know,‭ ‬for a certainty,‭ ‬only what the hear from FOX Noise,‭ ‬their uninformed clergy,‭ ‬and every right wing blog sight they can find.

The righties‭’ ‬seek out FOX Noise and the rest mentioned above because they are actually insecure and unsure in their own knowledge and beliefs,‭ ‬and must and must have these ideals reinforced on an hourly basis.‭ ‬Which,‭ ‬is the reason for the success of the multitude of right wing propaganda sources.

You are encouraged to continue exposing the conservatives to the truth,‭ ‬as you have been doing on these message boards for years.‭ ‬However,‭ ‬do not expect to change any conservative’s way of thinking.‭ ‬The right wingers are trapped in a rigid mindset that cannot be changed.‭ ‬They love their Republican Party in the same way as they love their mothers.‭ ‬And everyone knows,‭ ‬Mom can do no wrong.

But I must caution you.‭ ‬Regardless of the conservatives’ constant declarations of hate for political correctness,‭ ‬if you say anything that hurts their feelings,‭ ‬they will run,‭ ‬crying like little girls,‭ ‬to anyone who can censor you.‭

Best of luck in the future.

Lakhota, <snip>

You are encouraged to continue exposing the conservatives to the truth,‭ ‬as you have been doing on these message boards for years.‭ ‬

Ummmm

Do I really need to post some images, to show how wrong you are about that?

I've heard several Trump supporters say that even if everything Trump has been accused of is true - it's not impeachable. Is that a reasonable defense? What do you think?

It has long been obvious that Republicans would ultimately converge on this final defense of President Trump: Even if he did everything he has been accused of doing, and perhaps a lot more that we don’t know about, it’s absolutely fine!

We now have a particularly ugly preview of what this defense may look like, as Trump’s Senate trial gets underway. On Sean Hannity’s Thursday night show, former Republican National Committee chair Reince Priebus said:

Sometimes the best defense is the ‘so what’ defense. If everything the Democrats said is true, it’s still not impeachable. If everything Lev Parnas said is true, it’s still not impeachable. That’s what this is about.

What’s truly perverse here is that if Trump did nothing wrong, then no one could speak to that more forcefully than the witnesses Democrats want to hear from, and who Trump and McConnell desperately do not. If withholding the aid was correct on the merits, why not hear from those directly involved in that decision?

The answer is that Trump and McConnell know Trump did engage in profoundly corrupt, impeachable conduct. Trump used the power of his office — and the conditioning of official acts, including withholding hundreds of millions in appropriated military aid from a vulnerable ally — to strong-arm that ally into manufacturing disinformation to corrupt the 2020 election on his behalf.

More: Hannity previews Trump’s final defense: So what if he’s guilty?
I would refer libs to story about the little boy who cried wolf

you have been looking for an excuse to impeach trump since he won the 2016 election

after 3 years of crying Wolf! I’m just not listening anymore

I've heard several Trump supporters say that even if everything Trump has been accused of is true - it's not impeachable. Is that a reasonable defense? What do you think?

It has long been obvious that Republicans would ultimately converge on this final defense of President Trump: Even if he did everything he has been accused of doing, and perhaps a lot more that we don’t know about, it’s absolutely fine!

We now have a particularly ugly preview of what this defense may look like, as Trump’s Senate trial gets underway. On Sean Hannity’s Thursday night show, former Republican National Committee chair Reince Priebus said:

Sometimes the best defense is the ‘so what’ defense. If everything the Democrats said is true, it’s still not impeachable. If everything Lev Parnas said is true, it’s still not impeachable. That’s what this is about.

What’s truly perverse here is that if Trump did nothing wrong, then no one could speak to that more forcefully than the witnesses Democrats want to hear from, and who Trump and McConnell desperately do not. If withholding the aid was correct on the merits, why not hear from those directly involved in that decision?

The answer is that Trump and McConnell know Trump did engage in profoundly corrupt, impeachable conduct. Trump used the power of his office — and the conditioning of official acts, including withholding hundreds of millions in appropriated military aid from a vulnerable ally — to strong-arm that ally into manufacturing disinformation to corrupt the 2020 election on his behalf.

you have been looking for an excuse to impeach trump since he won the 2016 election

If you choose to stick your fingers in your ears and not listen, that’s your choice.

The Senate has an obligation to listen.

If you choose to stick your fingers in your ears and not listen, that’s your choice.

I have heard more than enough of sore losers who cant accept defeat

So you don’t care what Trump does?

I do care and so far he’s done nothing wrong

How would you know? You’re not listening to anyone.

Its impossible to live in America without being subjected to liberal spin

but I dont take it seriously

It is more like the.......I can shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and Republicans won’t convict me defense

Bullshit rhetoric like this becomes what dims then refer to as facts. And think they can get away with it. Good luck with whatever geriatric they put up against him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is the truth as many Republicans admit to not even reading the charges

Three+Wise+Monkeys+Hear+No+Evil+See+No+Evil+Speak+No+Evil+Body+Language+Nonverbal+Communication+Expert+Expert+Speaker+Speaker+Dr+Jack+Brown+Dr+Jack+Brown+Las+Vegas+Southern+California.jpg

Same effect. Listening but not hearing.

Correct

all the bs coming from the left sounds the same

you folks should step back and listen to yourselves

It is more like the.......I can shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and Republicans won’t convict me defense

Bullshit rhetoric like this becomes what dims then refer to as facts. And think they can get away with it. Good luck with whatever geriatric they put up against him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is the truth as many Republicans admit to not even reading the charges

Three+Wise+Monkeys+Hear+No+Evil+See+No+Evil+Speak+No+Evil+Body+Language+Nonverbal+Communication+Expert+Expert+Speaker+Speaker+Dr+Jack+Brown+Dr+Jack+Brown+Las+Vegas+Southern+California.jpg
Again

you cried wolf too long and too often

Correct

Ignorance is a choice.

Correct

Ignorance is a choice.
You should know

Correct

Ignorance is a choice.
You should know

I actually listen to the other side. It’s fun.

Forum List

Back