The Trump "So What" Defense.

I've heard several Trump supporters say that even if everything Trump has been accused of is true - it's not impeachable. Is that a reasonable defense? What do you think?

It has long been obvious that Republicans would ultimately converge on this final defense of President Trump: Even if he did everything he has been accused of doing, and perhaps a lot more that we don’t know about, it’s absolutely fine!

We now have a particularly ugly preview of what this defense may look like, as Trump’s Senate trial gets underway. On Sean Hannity’s Thursday night show, former Republican National Committee chair Reince Priebus said:

Sometimes the best defense is the ‘so what’ defense. If everything the Democrats said is true, it’s still not impeachable. If everything Lev Parnas said is true, it’s still not impeachable. That’s what this is about.

What’s truly perverse here is that if Trump did nothing wrong, then no one could speak to that more forcefully than the witnesses Democrats want to hear from, and who Trump and McConnell desperately do not. If withholding the aid was correct on the merits, why not hear from those directly involved in that decision?

The answer is that Trump and McConnell know Trump did engage in profoundly corrupt, impeachable conduct. Trump used the power of his office — and the conditioning of official acts, including withholding hundreds of millions in appropriated military aid from a vulnerable ally — to strong-arm that ally into manufacturing disinformation to corrupt the 2020 election on his behalf.

More: Hannity previews Trump’s final defense: So what if he’s guilty?
/——/ TDS

Its impossible to live in America without being subjected to liberal spin

but I dont take it seriously

Same effect. Listening but not hearing.
Correct

all the bs coming from the left sounds the same

you folks should step back and listen to yourselves

Ignorance is a choice.
You should know

I actually listen to the other side. It’s fun.
I have listened to you

but you are not making sense

Correct

Ignorance is a choice.
You should know

I have listened to you

You’ve crawfished away from your original point. The boy who cries wolf was not listened to. He was ignored. Now you’re claiming the opposite.

Correct

Ignorance is a choice.
You should know

I have listened to you

You’ve crawfished away from your original point. The boy who cries wolf was not listened to. He was ignored. Now you’re claiming the opposite.
He was listened to

but the villagers no longer came running

and thats my attitude toward your hysterical attacks on trump

we’ve heard it all before and it no longer interests us

Ignorance is a choice.
You should know

I have listened to you

He was listened to

And thus the truth was ignored.

You should know

I have listened to you

He was listened to

If you choose to put it that way

So what? Does that mean any future president can also do the same? Just imagine if President Obama had done what Trump* has done.

He did do exactly that. Joe Biden brags about his threat to withhold a billion dollars in aid if they didn’t do his bidding. It’s not illegal for a President to do so on its own. Joe was doing it to hide his family’s corruption. President Trump was merely asking to look into that corruption on the Ukrainian side. Not illegal, and should actually be encouraged.
Joe was doing it to hide his family’s corruption.

Liar.
Funny that no one has presented evidence of such. Not Trump, his defenders in congress or the RW media. Not one Senate hearing or DOJ investigation has been conducted on the matter. Certainly Trump's State Dept could shed some light on the circumstances surrounding the removal of Shokin.

I have listened to you

He was listened to

Well, in the parable, the wolf consumed the flock and the villagers ignored the child’s call.

So if Trump’s corruption is the wolf in this analogy, you’re allowing him to feast on the sheep.

How would you up it? Maybe you want to rethink your story.

I have listened to you

He was listened to

Well, in the parable, the wolf consumed the flock and the villagers ignored the child’s call.

So if Trump’s corruption is the wolf in this analogy, you’re allowing him to feast on the sheep.

I think the wolf consumed the little boy also

so some measure of justice was preserved

Correct

Ignorance is a choice.
You should know

I have listened to you

I have listened to you

Becauae you're incompetent.

He was listened to

This would mean you’re willing to let Trump be corrupt to teach Democrats a lesson.

Correct

Ignorance is a choice.
You should know

I have listened to you

I have listened to you

I am competent enough to realize that liberals are sore losers who cant accept the fact that trump won an election they expected to win

Ignorance is a choice.
You should know

I have listened to you

I have listened to you

I am competent enough to realize that liberals are sore losers who cant accept the fact that trump won an election they expected to win

That opinion is your justification to ignore any criticism of Trump, legitimate or otherwise.

He was listened to

This would mean you’re willing to let Trump be corrupt to teach Democrats a lesson.
If you want to think of It that way I cant stop you

liberals are insanely hateful toward trump and we are not going to indulge you

I've heard several Trump supporters say that even if everything Trump has been accused of is true - it's not impeachable. Is that a reasonable defense? What do you think?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...s-trumps-final-defense-so-what-if-hes-guilty/
How you can never say what he has done specifically?
Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election. He did so through a scheme or course of conduct that included soliciting the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations that would benefit his reelection, harm the election prospects of a political opponent, and influence the 2020 United States Presidential election to his advantage. President Trump also sought to pressure the Government of Ukraine to take these steps by condi-
tioning official United States Government acts of significant value to Ukraine on its public announcement of the investigations. President Trump engaged in this scheme or course of conduct for corrupt purposes in pursuit of personal political benefit. In so doing, President Trump used the powers of the Presidency in a manner that compromised the national security of the United States and undermined the integrity of the United States democratic process. He thus ignored and injured the interests of the Nation.

President Trump engaged in this scheme or course of conduct through the following means:

(1) President Trump — acting both directly and through his agents within and outside the United States Government — corruptly solicited the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations into —

(A) a political opponent, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden, Jr.; and

(B) a discredited theory promoted by Russia alleging that Ukraine — rather than Russia — interfered in the 2016 United States Presidential election.

(2) With the same corrupt motives, President Trump — acting both directly and through his agents

within and outside the United States Government — conditioned two official acts on the public announcements that he had requested —

(A) the release of $391 million of United States taxpayer funds that Congress had appropriated on a bipartisan basis for the purpose of providing vital military and security assistance to Ukraine to oppose Russian aggression and which President Trump had ordered suspended; and

(B) a head of state meeting at the White House, which the President of Ukraine sought to demonstrate continued United States support for the Government of Ukraine in the face of Russian aggression.

(3) Faced with the public revelation of his actions, President Trump ultimately released the military and security assistance to the Government of Ukraine, but has persisted in openly and corruptly urging and soliciting Ukraine to undertake investigations for his personal political benefit.

These actions were consistent with President Trump’s previous invitations of foreign interference in United States elections.

That’s your choice. If you choose not to listen, then you can’t complain to be interested in the truth.

That’s your choice. If you choose not to listen, then you can’t complain to be interested in the truth.
Again, we have humored the left long enough and its time to move on

Ignorance is a choice.
You should know

I have listened to you

I have listened to you

You answer with further incompetence.

That reason is not listed anywhere in articles of impeachment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...s-trumps-final-defense-so-what-if-hes-guilty/
How you can never say what he has done specifically?
Using the powers of his high office, President Trump solicited the interference of a foreign government, Ukraine, in the 2020 United States Presidential election. He did so through a scheme or course of conduct that included soliciting the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations that would benefit his reelection, harm the election prospects of a political opponent, and influence the 2020 United States Presidential election to his advantage. President Trump also sought to pressure the Government of Ukraine to take these steps by condi-
tioning official United States Government acts of significant value to Ukraine on its public announcement of the investigations. President Trump engaged in this scheme or course of conduct for corrupt purposes in pursuit of personal political benefit. In so doing, President Trump used the powers of the Presidency in a manner that compromised the national security of the United States and undermined the integrity of the United States democratic process. He thus ignored and injured the interests of the Nation.

President Trump engaged in this scheme or course of conduct through the following means:

(1) President Trump — acting both directly and through his agents within and outside the United States Government — corruptly solicited the Government of Ukraine to publicly announce investigations into —

(A) a political opponent, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden, Jr.; and

(B) a discredited theory promoted by Russia alleging that Ukraine — rather than Russia — interfered in the 2016 United States Presidential election.

(2) With the same corrupt motives, President Trump — acting both directly and through his agents

within and outside the United States Government — conditioned two official acts on the public announcements that he had requested —

(A) the release of $391 million of United States taxpayer funds that Congress had appropriated on a bipartisan basis for the purpose of providing vital military and security assistance to Ukraine to oppose Russian aggression and which President Trump had ordered suspended; and

(B) a head of state meeting at the White House, which the President of Ukraine sought to demonstrate continued United States support for the Government of Ukraine in the face of Russian aggression.

(3) Faced with the public revelation of his actions, President Trump ultimately released the military and security assistance to the Government of Ukraine, but has persisted in openly and corruptly urging and soliciting Ukraine to undertake investigations for his personal political benefit.

These actions were consistent with President Trump’s previous invitations of foreign interference in United States elections.
Too bad you vermin can't prove any of that.

You should know

I have listened to you

I have listened to you

You answer with further incompetence.

That reason is not listed anywhere in articles of impeachment.
Nor does it have to be for us to know whats motivating you

Forum List

Back