Trump Signals Support for 15-week National Abortion Ban

I'm on the right, and I see a ban after 10-15 weeks as acceptable, but only at the State level.

The feds have to GIVE UP power, not get more of it.
Sooooooooooooooooooo, how is Trump going to get a 15 week abortion ban at the state level in all 50 states but not use the federal government?

Hitler was a God fearing man and Joe was going to be in a monetary if his mother had her way.

Hitler viewed Religion like anything else, a way to control people. He suppressed the Protestant churches as ruthlessly as he suppressed other organizations like Unions. The SS was trying to insert Pagan beliefs into their members.

Stalin became an Atheist after he left the Seminary and never looked back.

Sooooooooooooooooooo, how is Trump going to get a 15 week abortion ban at the state level in all 50 states but not use the federal government?

He shouldn't. I disagree with him on this. He got rid of Roe for us, which I thank him for, but this is just pandering to Evangelicals.

The official Republican position is that Dobbs was correctly decided, and the abortion policy should be determined by the Peoples' representatives in the State legislatures. The Democrat position is that abortion should be a woman's choice up to and including the moment of live birth, and that that policy should be implemented by a LAW passed by Congress. This is absurd, unconstitutional, and unpopular, but it motivates the Leftist masses.

Because it WILL impact a ton of votes in November, Trump and some Republicans are looking for SOMETHING they can say on the campaign trail that will soften the blow of these easy Democrat votes.

Most Americans reject the Democrat position, but don't want abortion to be banned completely. Trump is seeking a middle ground that will assuage Independents.

But regardless, that position will NEVER come about by Federal action (other than a Constitutional Amendment) - only by States implementing it independent of one another.

It's an uncomfortable issue for Republicans.

He shouldn't. I disagree with him on this. He got rid of Roe for us, which I thank him for, but this is just pandering to Evangelicals.
But it's not really pandering to Evangelicals if you allow abortions to everyone who wants one before 15 weeks. That is anti-Evangelical.

But it's not really pandering to Evangelicals if you allow abortions to everyone who wants one before 15 weeks. That is anti-Evangelical.

It's showing you are "doing something" that doesn't alienate people like me who are OK with the 10-15 week ban.

The Pro-Life side believes in the long game, it's what got Roe overturned in the first place.

Isn't he trying to pander both to the xians and women who want abortions?

Like Biden is pandering to the "abortion at the last second" crowd?

He's trying to shore up his supposed base, and I think it's a mistake. Leave it to the States would go over better with everyone except those not voting for him already.

It's showing you are "doing something" that doesn't alienate people like me who are OK with the 10-15 week ban.

The Pro-Life side believes in the long game, it's what got Roe overturned in the first place.
I'm also not against medically induced end of pregnancies during a certain time frame. Actual medical procedure abortions should never happen unless there is a legitimate reason beyond the woman just wants to end her pregnancy.

Forum List

Back