The School Security Initiative

No, that's not the solution. It's prohibitively expensive and totally unnecessary. In any school with over a hundred admin and faculty, there are probably a dozen of them willing to put in the time and effort to learn to use weapons and do the job for free.

At any particular school, the odds of a shooting like that are practically zero. Hiring people to cover every school is insanely prohibitive. And frankly, the admins and faculty will probably do a much better job than a bunch of lowly educated, lowly paid security guards

"lowly educated, lowly paid security guards"? Ah, now you're coming clear.....we aren't up to your lofty standards! Listen here....I doubt there are a dozen teachers in this country who could drop the hammer on a kid shooting up a school....during the Wednesday shooting they were RUNNING away before some of the students knew what was happening. Stick your teacher-militia where the sun don't shine...there ain't a chance in hell most could stop a fistfight much less a determined invader.

You're lying, you are not ex-military. You're just a poser like the rest of them. Listen to me! (pounds chest), I am military so I know everything about guns! You're peons!

I KNOW more than a dozen people who would drop the hammer on a kid shooting up a school

And they don't have to hit the kid. Shooting at them would greatly reduce the carnage and get give the cops more time to get there.

No fucking way you're military if you don't know that. Shooting in the air over his head would tremendously slow him down.

Leftists are such terrible liars. As Michael Jordan said when he stuffed an opponent driving for a dunk, get that shit out of here

I KNOW more than a dozen people who would drop the hammer on a kid shooting up a school

A lot of people think they would, but until they are in the situation, nobody knows for sure.

You're lying, you are not ex-military. You're just a poser like the rest of them. Listen to me! (pounds chest), I am military so I know everything about guns! You're peons!

And they don't have to hit the kid. Shooting at them would greatly reduce the carnage and get give the cops more time to get there.

No fucking way you're military if you don't know that. Shooting in the air over his head would tremendously slow him down.

Leftists are such terrible liars. As Michael Jordan said when he stuffed an opponent driving for a dunk, get that shit out of here

Sorry I gave you the time of day ya ignorant piece of shit.

The teachers and administrators who are willing to get trained in gun safety will protect the school for free. Why waste all that money?

Anybody who's been in close combat knows it ain't easy to pull a trigger on somebody else....they usually freeze and get the weapon taken away from them or worse. I prefer keeping the perp outside until security can be alerted or the cops get involved.

That is so amazingly ignorant. You watch too much TV. Yes, that happens, but there are a lot of heroic people out there who act when they see things like that happening. Like the football coach in Florida. Also the Southerland Springs shooting.

That everyone is going to throw the gun in the air, scream like a teenage girl and hide under a desk and wait to be shot is BS. I grew up where many people hunted. They are the people you want to have guns.

Also, the idea is to have multiple people armed and the shooter to not know who they are.

Gawd, we shouldn't let anyone have a gun to defend themselves because they'll freeze!

BTW, what different would the gunman taking the weapon away do? It would have been better, frankly. Smaller caliber, slower to aim and shoot

Just feel the need to point out that when someone is hunting, nobody is shooting back.

Yes, and that could affect some, not others. But if we're talking about say 15 armed admins/teachers and 5 freeze, OK ...

Another area is like in Sandy Hook where the teachers who aren't willing to go after the shooter may have shot him when he was going room to room opening doors shooting people, then opened theirs ...

Which is the whole point. Fear of being shot will greatly slow down the shooter

I like the idea of trained security guards than armed teachers. There are a crap ton of former military that are looking for jobs and would love to spend their day protecting our future.

There are probably more former military teachers and administrators than low end security guards.

Just curious where you're planing to come up with the money to cover the 26,500 schools in the US that doesn't actually contribute to the actual education of the students to cover the job that teachers and administrators would do for free?

Anybody who's been in close combat knows it ain't easy to pull a trigger on somebody else....they usually freeze and get the weapon taken away from them or worse. I prefer keeping the perp outside until security can be alerted or the cops get involved.

That is so amazingly ignorant. You watch too much TV. Yes, that happens, but there are a lot of heroic people out there who act when they see things like that happening. Like the football coach in Florida. Also the Southerland Springs shooting.

That everyone is going to throw the gun in the air, scream like a teenage girl and hide under a desk and wait to be shot is BS. I grew up where many people hunted. They are the people you want to have guns.

Also, the idea is to have multiple people armed and the shooter to not know who they are.

Gawd, we shouldn't let anyone have a gun to defend themselves because they'll freeze!

BTW, what different would the gunman taking the weapon away do? It would have been better, frankly. Smaller caliber, slower to aim and shoot

Just feel the need to point out that when someone is hunting, nobody is shooting back.

Yes, and that could affect some, not others. But if we're talking about say 15 armed admins/teachers and 5 freeze, OK ...

Another area is like in Sandy Hook where the teachers who aren't willing to go after the shooter may have shot him when he was going room to room opening doors shooting people, then opened theirs ...

I like the idea of trained security guards than armed teachers. There are a crap ton of former military that are looking for jobs and would love to spend their day protecting our future.

There are probably more former military teachers and administrators than low end security guards.

Just curious where you're planing to come up with the money to cover the 26,500 schools in the US that doesn't actually contribute to the actual education of the students to cover the job that teachers and administrators would do for free?

My son's high school has more football coaches than you can shake a stick at, most of them "teaching" Drivers Ed or some such shit. Replace a couple of them with guards.

Sorry I gave you the time of day ya ignorant piece of shit.

You're the liar. You know nothing about guns, faker.

You're military and you think shooting in the direction of someone shooting won't even slow them down? So you imagine there are endless people who will do that, but only a dozen or so who would stand up to them to save lives. You are full of shit, you've never touched a gun.

Don't waste my time with that stupid shit. I come from where guns are all over. You say we're a bunch of cowards who would ALL run at the first sign of trouble? Fuck you and the fart that blew you in.

So where do the military get people then?

My son's high school has more football coaches than you can shake a stick at, most of them "teaching" Drivers Ed or some such shit. Replace a couple of them with guards.

Or let the teachers and administrators who want to do it do it for free

No, that's not the solution. It's prohibitively expensive and totally unnecessary. In any school with over a hundred admin and faculty, there are probably a dozen of them willing to put in the time and effort to learn to use weapons and do the job for free.

At any particular school, the odds of a shooting like that are practically zero. Hiring people to cover every school is insanely prohibitive. And frankly, the admins and faculty will probably do a much better job than a bunch of lowly educated, lowly paid security guards

"lowly educated, lowly paid security guards"? Ah, now you're coming clear.....we aren't up to your lofty standards! Listen here....I doubt there are a dozen teachers in this country who could drop the hammer on a kid shooting up a school....during the Wednesday shooting they were RUNNING away before some of the students knew what was happening. Stick your teacher-militia where the sun don't shine...there ain't a chance in hell most could stop a fistfight much less a determined invader.

"Leftists"?

A lot of people think they would, but until they are in the situation, nobody knows for sure.

That's why I cut it down to a couple dozen. And again, that out of 15 people, some number wouldn't deliver doesn't mean the others should be sentenced to death

You're military and you think shooting in the direction of someone shooting won't even slow them down? So you imagine there are endless people who will do that, but only a dozen or so who would stand up to them to save lives. You are full of shit, you've never touched a gun.

Don't waste my time with that stupid shit. I come from where guns are all over. You say we're a bunch of cowards who would ALL run at the first sign of trouble? Fuck you and the fart that blew you in.

You're more apt to shoot up a place than some kid ya mental case.

If they're useless, let's get rid of them and still let the teachers and admins who want to do it for free do it for free. We spend way too much money on education for the crappy results we're geting

"Leftists"?

Yes, a typical leftist (per their claim on message boards)

- Military vet
- Owns guns, lots of them, that's how they know guns are evil, designed to kill people and serve no other purpose
- Deeply Christian, that's how they know religion is evil
- Business owner, that's how they know businesses are greedy
- Rich and just want to pay more taxes (but don't)
- Used to be a Republican, that's how they know Republicans are evil

You're more apt to shoot up a place than some kid ya mental case.

On one side you have a psycho kid with guns actually aiming at people

On the other you have someone who's trained to use guns and certified, including for things like if there are too many people near the shooter, shoot into the ceiling above him

You're concerned about the latter. Let the psycho kid keep aiming at people, it's too risky to allow people to be trained and armed.

You don't know shit about guns. You're just a classic inner city leftist who would faint if you actually touched a gun

"Leftists"?

- Military vet
- Owns guns, lots of them, that's how they know guns are evil, designed to kill people and serve no other purpose

Well that's interesting since I claim absolutely none of those things and yet wags on this board call me a 'leftist'.

I guess it's a spur of the moment thing. But it's never occurred to me about the OP here. :uhh:

On the other you have someone who's trained to use guns and certified, including for things like if there are too many people near the shooter, shoot into the ceiling above him

You're concerned about the latter. Let the psycho kid keep aiming at people, it's too risky to allow people to be trained and armed.

You don't know shit about guns. You're just a classic inner city leftist who would faint if you actually touched a gun

You are either a parody or a truly psychotic woman who's gone off the deep end....I wonder which? Now stop trolling my thread and take a fucking hike.

"Leftists"?

- Military vet

Well that's interesting since I claim absolutely none of those things and yet wags on this board call me a 'leftist'.

I guess it's a spur of the moment thing. But it's never occurred to me about the OP here. :uhh:

I thought it was Tom Horn I called a leftist.

He's arguing that ordinary citizens even with the desire to be trained and actual training will throw their gun in the air, scream like a teenage girl and hide under a desk. He estimated that only a dozen people in the US wouldn't.

What I can't figure out then is where the military, police and security companies get all the people he does trust to have guns then

You are either a parody or a truly psychotic woman who's gone off the deep end....I wonder which? Now stop trolling my thread and take a fucking hike.

You're the one arguing that military/police/security and bad guys can shoot guns, no one else can. That is your argument.

Tell me again how an administrator shooting into the ceiling above a shooter will not cause virtually all shooters to stop or at least slow down shooting and spend time looking for cover.

You've already proven you lied about your military experience, now show how you're a complete fool

"Leftists"?

- Military vet

OK? I called Tom Horn a leftist for his view that guns are magical and only government and evil people can control them. What does that have to do with what wags on this board call you?

He's arguing that ordinary citizens even with the desire to be trained and actual training will throw their gun in the air, scream like a teenage girl and hide under a desk. He estimated that only a dozen people in the US wouldn't.

What I can't figure out then is where the military, police and security companies get all the people he does trust to have guns then

I wonder how many on this board know I'm a secret leftist....shhhhh.....And now you're lying.....I said a dozen teachers....and BTW, while you're shooting into the ceiling there's a round heading for your center-mass from some other hysterical woman who's decided she's as heroic as any man....that's what your kind of crazy begets...you simple bitch.

I wonder how many on this board know I'm a secret leftist....shhhhh.....And now you're lying.....I said a dozen teachers....and BTW, while you're shooting into the ceiling there's a round heading for your center-mass from some other hysterical woman who's decided she's as crazy as any man....that's what your kind of crazy begets...you simple bitch.

I don't know, did you tell them before or was this the first time?

Forum List

Back