The School Security Initiative

First off, how does an Uber driver not notice a kid carrying a rifle in a soft case into a school? They say she has no culpability in this....really? So anyway, start treating the schools like banks....they actually are banks...where our investments in our kids grow into assets...successful adults. And it doesn't have to cost the taxpayers an additional dime....as if we don't already spend enough on these commie propaganda factories. :pout:

Here's how it works....a national initiative to secure all schools from intrusion...call it the School Security Initiative. Parents and concerned citizens will fund it privately.....they are very motivated people right now. It's peanuts really....4 or 5 secured doors and video systems monitored in the principal's office by a security guard, showing the campus ingress and egress points. Windows are easy to secure and empty classrooms remain locked so firearms can't be passed in by an accomplice. If a kid gets locked out because he's late he has to follow a protocol to get in. When school lets out, just like a crowd leaving a ballgame, heightened armed security kicks in until the last kid is gone. We know it's too simple a concept for the gun-grabbers to get but it will work and they can't stop it so screw them. Put a deadline of April Fools Day and watch the upgrade frenzy begin...it will be a beautiful thing to watch.

Tom Horn
Good ideas are my business
yo2.gif

Uh, what makes you think that schools do not already have these in place?

The absolute ignorance of the public is astounding!

First off, how does an Uber driver not notice a kid carrying a rifle in a soft case into a school? They say she has no culpability in this....really? So anyway, start treating the schools like banks....they actually are banks...where our investments in our kids grow into assets...successful adults. And it doesn't have to cost the taxpayers an additional dime....as if we don't already spend enough on these commie propaganda factories. :pout:

Here's how it works....a national initiative to secure all schools from intrusion...call it the School Security Initiative. Parents and concerned citizens will fund it privately.....they are very motivated people right now. It's peanuts really....4 or 5 secured doors and video systems monitored in the principal's office by a security guard, showing the campus ingress and egress points. Windows are easy to secure and empty classrooms remain locked so firearms can't be passed in by an accomplice. If a kid gets locked out because he's late he has to follow a protocol to get in. When school lets out, just like a crowd leaving a ballgame, heightened armed security kicks in until the last kid is gone. We know it's too simple a concept for the gun-grabbers to get but it will work and they can't stop it so screw them. Put a deadline of April Fools Day and watch the upgrade frenzy begin...it will be a beautiful thing to watch.

Tom Horn
Good ideas are my business
yo2.gif

The school in question has armed security guards. Staff were warned about this kid and a report was called in when he walked into the school, before any shots were fired. The school had held mass shooting drills.

The school followed all of the protocols and guidelines to prevent this shooting and to deal with an active shooter in this school and this sick was still able to shoot more than 30 people and get away from the school without being arrested.

The best way to keep this from happening again is to ban AR15’s and large magazine clips. It’s not rocket science.

You couldn't be satisfied with simply screwing up the terminology, you had to double down on it?

This is what I use to clip magazines together.

36-pieces-Lot-Black-Metal-Binder-Clips-15-19-25-32-41-51mm-Notes-Letter-Paper.jpg_640x640.jpg

That is so amazingly ignorant. You watch too much TV. Yes, that happens, but there are a lot of heroic people out there who act when they see things like that happening. Like the football coach in Florida. Also the Southerland Springs shooting.

That everyone is going to throw the gun in the air, scream like a teenage girl and hide under a desk and wait to be shot is BS. I grew up where many people hunted. They are the people you want to have guns.

Also, the idea is to have multiple people armed and the shooter to not know who they are.

Gawd, we shouldn't let anyone have a gun to defend themselves because they'll freeze!

BTW, what different would the gunman taking the weapon away do? It would have been better, frankly. Smaller caliber, slower to aim and shoot

I tried to be polite to you even after you repeated the moronic "magazine clip" idiocy of the other troll. I'm a combat Vet...don't talk shit to me about what people do in an armed confrontation...you don't know a damn thing about it. I don't want civilians concealed/carry anywhere near a school which is why there are laws against it....it's how bystanders get shot instead of the marauder. The rest of your nonsense is too incoherent to bother with.

I love your self-appointed "expertise" on this topic.

You realize that that law regarding concealed carry has only been around since Bubba Clinton was in office and the first iteration was declared unConstitutional, so it had to be replaced.

Why don't you support giving people who have that experience the opportunity to defend themselves?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
No, that's not the solution. It's prohibitively expensive and totally unnecessary. In any school with over a hundred admin and faculty, there are probably a dozen of them willing to put in the time and effort to learn to use weapons and do the job for free.

At any particular school, the odds of a shooting like that are practically zero. Hiring people to cover every school is insanely prohibitive. And frankly, the admins and faculty will probably do a much better job than a bunch of lowly educated, lowly paid security guards

"lowly educated, lowly paid security guards"? Ah, now you're coming clear.....we aren't up to your lofty standards! Listen here....I doubt there are a dozen teachers in this country who could drop the hammer on a kid shooting up a school....during the Wednesday shooting they were RUNNING away before some of the students knew what was happening. Stick your teacher-militia where the sun don't shine...there ain't a chance in hell most could stop a fistfight much less a determined invader.

Hey, did you ever think that maybe the reason they were running away is because they had no ability to defend themselves?

When was the last time you were in a school? Fistfights are daily occurences in most schools and hourly in others. I think you need an education on today's education.

You would be shocked at how small you can make an AR simply by pushing two pins and separating the two components. Maybe the sicko pulled off the upper and stuffed it in a bag. But then, he was not allowed on campus with a back pack, so if he was spotted with a bag attempting to assemble a rifle he would have been stopped maybe. Don’t know, crazy shit.

Oh, I know we had to break and reassemble in the dark....both the M-16, Ithaca 37, and CAR-15, the forerunner to the M-4. But Cruz carried the AR in a soft rifle case into the school and the Uber driver took off without notifying anybody.

What makes you think the cab driver thought anything about what was in there?

We have students that carry their archery equipment in both hard and soft cases to school every day.

You would be shocked at how small you can make an AR simply by pushing two pins and separating the two components. Maybe the sicko pulled off the upper and stuffed it in a bag. But then, he was not allowed on campus with a back pack, so if he was spotted with a bag attempting to assemble a rifle he would have been stopped maybe. Don’t know, crazy shit.

Oh, I know we had to break and reassemble in the dark....both the M-16, Ithaca 37, and CAR-15, the forerunner to the M-4. But Cruz carried the AR in a soft rifle case into the school and the Uber driver took off without notifying anybody.

We have students that carry their archery equipment in both hard and soft cases to school every day.

Yup. Bet I could fit a few rifles and allot of ammo in a cello case.

Yup. Bet I could fit a few rifles and allot of ammo in a cello case.

You also have to remember Bill Cosby's rule about classical music!

"There is always room for a cello!"

No, we established I'm the liberal and you're the leftist

No, you are the leftist and I am the libertarian. Do try and keep up

kaz: You're a leftist, I'm a libertarian
Geezing Gator: No, you're a leftist

kaz: You'd be afraid to shoot a gun
Geezing Gator: No, you're afraid to shoot a gun

kaz: You'd whining I am not responding to your posts on Saturday night? Have you heard of going out on Saturday night?
Geezing Gator: No, you don't go out on Saturday night

Where do you get your material? Hmm ... a complete mystery ...

:desk:

I know! I know!

Forum List

Back