The School Security Initiative

The teachers and administrators who are willing to get trained in gun safety will protect the school for free. Why waste all that money?

Anybody who's been in close combat knows it ain't easy to pull a trigger on somebody else....they usually freeze and get the weapon taken away from them or worse. I prefer keeping the perp outside until security can be alerted or the cops get involved.

First off, how does an Uber driver not notice a kid carrying a rifle in a soft case into a school? They say she has no culpability in this....really? So anyway, start treating the schools like banks....they actually are banks...where our investments in our kids grow into assets...successful adults. And it doesn't have to cost the taxpayers an additional dime....as if we don't already spend enough on these commie propaganda factories. :pout:

Here's how it works....a national initiative to secure all schools from intrusion...call it the School Security Initiative. Parents and concerned citizens will fund it privately.....they are very motivated people right now. It's peanuts really....4 or 5 secured doors and video systems monitored in the principal's office by a security guard, showing the campus ingress and egress points. Windows are easy to secure and empty classrooms remain locked so firearms can't be passed in by an accomplice. If a kid gets locked out because he's late he has to follow a protocol to get in. When school lets out, just like a crowd leaving a ballgame, heightened armed security kicks in until the last kid is gone. We know it's too simple a concept for the gun-grabbers to get but it will work and they can't stop it so screw them. Put a deadline of April Fools Day and watch the upgrade frenzy begin...it will be a beautiful thing to watch.

Tom Horn
Good ideas are my business
yo2.gif

Dear Tom Horn
Don't just limit security policies to schools, but unite entire districts under agreed plans.
Reward districts with tax breaks if the residents all sign agreements to obey laws
and authority, not commit any crimes that require police prosecution or incarceration
which otherwise cost taxpayer money, and invest that money saved into jobs
in education and health care facilities and services so everyone benefits directly from reducing crime
in their tax district.

people with disabilities, addictions or disorders who cannot comply
would agree to counseling and therapy, under legal guardians who sign agreemnts
for legal and financial responsibility. if the taxpayers have to pay to support such
disabled or mentally/criminally ill people, they have to meet agreed terms to afford living assistance and care.

put conditions and agreements on the costs of crime,
and then the citizens of each district will pressure each other NOT to cost taxpayer
money that can pay for these jobs in health care and schools, and pay for more
teachers and police, doctors and nurses.

reward citizens with affordable health care and better schools
in exchange for signed agreements to get rid of any causes of crime.
Either people have to sign agreements to live in that district,
not to contribute to crime abuse or violence but agree to get treatment
for any adverse condition, or move elsewhere.

When all districts require citizens to be as responsible for
the laws as police and teachers, then they will report and correct problems
instead of dumping these on govt and taxpayers.

The teachers and administrators who are willing to get trained in gun safety will protect the school for free. Why waste all that money?

Anybody who's been in close combat knows it ain't easy to pull a trigger on somebody else....they usually freeze and get the weapon taken away from them or worse. I prefer keeping the perp outside until security can be alerted or the cops get involved.

That is so amazingly ignorant. You watch too much TV. Yes, that happens, but there are a lot of heroic people out there who act when they see things like that happening. Like the football coach in Florida. Also the Southerland Springs shooting.

That everyone is going to throw the gun in the air, scream like a teenage girl and hide under a desk and wait to be shot is BS. I grew up where many people hunted. They are the people you want to have guns.

Also, the idea is to have multiple people armed and the shooter to not know who they are.

Gawd, we shouldn't let anyone have a gun to defend themselves because they'll freeze!

BTW, what different would the gunman taking the weapon away do? It would have been better, frankly. Smaller caliber, slower to aim and shoot

That is so amazingly ignorant. You watch too much TV. Yes, that happens, but there are a lot of heroic people out there who act when they see things like that happening. Like the football coach in Florida. Also the Southerland Springs shooting.

That everyone is going to throw the gun in the air, scream like a teenage girl and hide under a desk and wait to be shot is BS. I grew up where many people hunted. They are the people you want to have guns.

Also, the idea is to have multiple people armed and the shooter to not know who they are.

Gawd, we shouldn't let anyone have a gun to defend themselves because they'll freeze!

BTW, what different would the gunman taking the weapon away do? It would have been better, frankly. Smaller caliber, slower to aim and shoot

Thank you kaz and Tom Horn
I think the basic solution is the same.
if each school has a high enough ratio of armed trained security
to the student population, then this would have DETERRED anyone
except maybe the suicidal type looking to get taken down.
(in comparison, Rice U that has an undergrad population of about
3000 has its own police dept. most campuses are like that.
and even Walmarts have to have security patrol in parking lots.)

the solution is having trained and armed staff to serve as deterrence.

the problem is the media cannot report cases of successful deterrence
because we only count when shootings occur not when people
decide against even trying such a stunt!

so the media will never report the success rate of deterrence.
but by common sense, nobody can get away with attacking
schools or churches if there are more armed people than they
are lone shooters who are outnumbered. they won't even try!

I tried to be polite to you even after you repeated the moronic "magazine clip" idiocy of the other troll. I'm a combat Vet...don't talk shit to me about what people do in an armed confrontation...you don't know a damn thing about it. I don't want civilians concealed/carry anywhere near a school which is why there are laws against it....it's how bystanders get shot instead of the marauder. The rest of your nonsense is too incoherent to bother with.

No, that's not the solution. It's prohibitively expensive and totally unnecessary. In any school with over a hundred admin and faculty, there are probably a dozen of them willing to put in the time and effort to learn to use weapons and do the job for free.

At any particular school, the odds of a shooting like that are practically zero. Hiring people to cover every school is insanely prohibitive. And frankly, the admins and faculty will probably do a much better job than a bunch of lowly educated, lowly paid security guards

I tried to be polite to you even after you repeated the moronic "magazine clip" idiocy of the other troll. I'm a combat Vet...don't talk shit to me about what people do in an armed confrontation...you don't know a damn thing about it. I don't want civilians concealed/carry anywhere near a school which is why there are laws against it....it's how bystanders get shot instead of the marauder. The rest of your nonsense is too incoherent to bother with.

Yes and No Tom Horn. Why not require any other personnel who volunteer to conceal and carry, to go through the same training as vets and police on what procedures the school should follow.

We should have more people not fewer trained in first emergency response.
wouldn't that serve as both a deterrent and a livesaving measure?

What some groups are advocating is HIRING retired vets and police to serve in these schools.
So if trained police are working there, or trained security personnel,
the point is to make sure they are all trained to follow set protocol.

I think all citizens in every district shoudl be trained in what is legal protocol
so NOBODY gets shot even by police by accident.

If we all agree to training and sign agreements to follow procedures and laws
wouldn't that deter and reduce crime, and wouldn't training programs
identify and screen out people with disorders who aren't able to comply due to disability or mental illness?

So you're a combat vet and you can reject that anyone would have the presence to use a gun to shoot a shooter so we can reject the idea and require all admins and teachers to be unarmed. And I gave you two examples of people who clearly did have the courage, including one at the school in Florida.

BTW, you could be a "combat vet," but just FYI, WAY too many people claim that on message boards, including half the leftist liberals who claim to know that guns emanate an aura of evil for that reason.

Also, while I said what you said is ignorant and mocked it, if you're that offended by my post, which contained no actual personal insults, say off message boards. Seriously

No, that's not the solution. It's prohibitively expensive and totally unnecessary. In any school with over a hundred admin and faculty, there are probably a dozen of them willing to put in the time and effort to learn to use weapons and do the job for free.

At any particular school, the odds of a shooting like that are practically zero. Hiring people to cover every school is insanely prohibitive. And frankly, the admins and faculty will probably do a much better job than a bunch of lowly educated, lowly paid security guards

Totally agree each school district can do this more cost effectively
with their given resources if we plan right.

What I'm comparing with Tom Horn is the cost of incarceration.
in Texas we're talking 50K per p erson a year sent to prison
who can no longer work but becomes dependent on welfare.

With that much money, yes we can pay for a job for
vets or police, teachers or other positions that would
prevent crime and violence and reverse this cycle of govt waste.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Just feel the need to point out that when someone is hunting, nobody is shooting back.

You should tell the military how ignorant it is, they spend a huge amount of time and money training people so they do not freeze up when the shit is real.

I think perhaps you are the one that watches way too much TV, the world is not like 24

Yes and No Tom Horn. Why not require any other personnel who volunteer to conceal and carry, to go through the same training as vets and police on what procedures the school should follow

Bingo. I've said that before too. While the first amendment protects gun rights in general, the schools have a clear justification that for employees of the school (admins, teachers) to be armed, they must go through certain training to do so. If they don't, they can leave their guns in their cars or at home.

I think this is what you mean anyway, but they should need to do the gun use and safety part of the training, not actually be trained to be full police or military

Just feel the need to point out that when someone is hunting, nobody is shooting back.

Yes, and that could affect some, not others. But if we're talking about say 15 armed admins/teachers and 5 freeze, OK ...

Another area is like in Sandy Hook where the teachers who aren't willing to go after the shooter may have shot him when he was going room to room opening doors shooting people, then opened theirs ...

Which is the whole point. Fear of being shot will greatly slow down the shooter

"lowly educated, lowly paid security guards"? Ah, now you're coming clear.....we aren't up to your lofty standards! Listen here....I doubt there are a dozen teachers in this country who could drop the hammer on a kid shooting up a school....during the Wednesday shooting they were RUNNING away before some of the students knew what was happening. Stick your teacher-militia where the sun don't shine...there ain't a chance in hell most could stop a fistfight much less a determined invader.

You should tell the military how ignorant it is, they spend a huge amount of time and money training people so they do not freeze up when the shit is real.

I think perhaps you are the one that watches way too much TV, the world is not like 24

And yet some freeze when the shooting starts. I think you're the one watching too much TV.

OK, how does that change anything that I'm saying? If a dozen people are armed, some may freeze, therefore ... what? We don't allow any of them to be armed?

BTW, a lot of teachers are ex-military ...

Bingo. I've said that before too. While the first amendment protects gun rights in general, the schools have a clear justification that for employees of the school (admins, teachers) to be armed, they must go through certain training to do so. If they don't, they can leave their guns in their cars or at home.

I think this is what you mean anyway, but they should need to do the gun use and safety part of the training, not actually be trained to be full police or military

Bingo? Playing video games and shooting paper won't prepare you to take a life...you talk big but you'd be the first to freeze....or shoot over the invader's shoulder and hit an innocent kid.....then you get to take the walk for manslaughter....Ignorance like yours is rare, thankfully.

Yes, and that could affect some, not others. But if we're talking about say 15 armed admins/teachers and 5 freeze, OK ...

Another area is like in Sandy Hook where the teachers who aren't willing to go after the shooter may have shot him when he was going room to room opening doors shooting people, then opened theirs ...

Which is the whole point. Fear of being shot will greatly slow down the shooter

I like the idea of trained security guards than armed teachers. There are a crap ton of former military that are looking for jobs and would love to spend their day protecting our future.

Forum List

Back