The Professor Scolds..........

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Jun 27, 2009
Out here in the middle.
If likability matters in an election, the once and future GOP nominee, Newt "The Professor" Gingrich has a ways to go.

Gingrich as always come across as an arrogant, smug, bastard. His M.O. has always been to play the part of the intellectual. However, he has reached new, dizzying heights with this new election. It was most likely a tactical error for Romney's SuperPAC to attack Gingrich (who was dead and the water anyways) and to fire Gingrich up and let the "monster out of the cage". However, let's be frank, Gingrich was only making a half hearted attempt to suppress his inner jack ass.

What I love most about Gingrich is his penchant to scold people. He truly does channel his inner professor.

For instance, he scolded John King for asking about his ex-wifes claims about an "open marriage".

"I am appalled that you would begin a presidential debate on a topic like that," Gingrich said, his face flush with anger, when asked about an ABC interview with his ex-wife in the opening question of a two-hour debate on CNN. In the ABC report, Gingrich's second wife, Marianne Gingrich, broke a long silence to say that he had asked her to grant him an "open marriage" so he could maintain an extramarital relationship with a House aide, Callista Bisek, who later became his third wife. He divorced Marianne in 2000 and married Callista shortly after.

Gingrich railed at ABC News for airing it, at CNN for asking about it, and at the news media generally for "destructive, negative" reporting — all drawing loud cheers and applause from the Republican audience of about 2,500.

"To take an ex-wife and make it two days before the primary a significant question is as close to despicable as anything I can imagine," he said, voice rising.

When CNN moderator John King insisted he was only asking about a report aired by another network that was dominating the day's news, Gingrich turned on him as well. "It was repeated by your network, don't try to blame someone else," he said. "You chose to start the debate with it.

Read more here: Gingrich scolds media for spotlighting ex-wife's complaint - KansasCity.com

Of course, that was not the first time or last time Gingrich refused to respond to a question, and instead attacked the questioner.

And, it played well to a conservative base who has bought into the "evil liberal media" canard.

It won't work with the general electorate. No one likes to be scolded by an arrogant fat body.

Newt makes me want to barf whenever he speaks of fairness or righteousness apparently possessing none of his own. The man is an ethically challenged neo-con that represents everything the tea party claimed to oppose, why did he even get this far?

you know what newt is? and why he is gaining now?

Newt is john mccain with the balls to tell the truth

at best a rino, BUT, when mccain was too pussed up to really go after odumbo in '08 and odumbo walked all over mccain,

Newt is a badass that easily makes people look stupid. and people enjoy watching a beat down.

newt will ass rape odumbo in a one on one debate

i dont like newt, i think he is a bad person, but

sometimes, a good boss has to be an asshole

Libs love arrogance and smugness when it's on their side. Nobody was more arrogant or smug than the pervert-in-chief when he accused the vast right wing conspiracy of leaving his DNA on Monica's dress. It's no secret that libs would rather run against a meek candidate like McCain than an arrogant republican like Gingrich

Didn't like, but loved the way he made John King STFU!

Of course. Unfortunately for you, it will be a major turnoff for everyone else.

Gingrich choose to run for POTUS. He's not going to get a pass on answering questions.

Certainly not by being a condescending dick.

After Newt got done with him, John King looked like he got smacked in the face with a fish!
You, and many forget that Newt and Repub nominees have to deal with a media whose vast majority is still having a slobbering love affair with Obama and are subject to flavor of the day personal attacks that cannot be proven, but instead, are she said/he said drivel.

Last edited:
You can imagine lib reporter John King snickering to fellow lefties when he planned to ambush Gingrich with the first question of the debates. When it backfired libs ...sob...sob accused Gingrich of being arrogant. You almost gotta laugh.

Gingrich choose to run for POTUS. He's not going to get a pass on answering questions.

The question by John King put him over the top. Turnoff! It got a standing ovation!

Personally, I agree Newt defense using offense with attacking the questioner and not answering the question. is to rational people, a turn off.
Newt to me isn't a complete turn-off. I respect the way he worked in a bi-partisan way with Clinton and they got alot done. Sure, Newt and Clinton battled, shut down the government and many vetoes/threat of veto were common,,,but in the end there was compromise. That's good for America and Americans.
In today's world, there is no compromise in Washington, nothing gets done. Every single poll shows a huge majority of Americans want compromise and want Congress to get off their partisan asses and work for Americans. This uncompromising congress is one of the reasons why the US Credit was downgraded.
Newt has his faults,,alot of them, but he isn't the worse presidential candidate by far.

The question by John King put him over the top. Turnoff! It got a standing ovation!

It did. But a 'standing ovation' does not a President elect.

What a surprise he got a standing ovation,,,,,, look at who the audience was. Did they sign pledges of loyalty? Maybe, maybe not, the point is the audience wasn't even close to reflecting a cross-section of America.

You gotta admit that King's question was designed to ambush Gingrich and perhaps finish him off. It had nothing to do with domestic or foreign policy and nobody ever blindsided a democrat candidate in such a way during a debate. Gingrich's response tells two things about him. He can think on his feet without a teleprompter and he ain't gonna take any more shit from the liberal media. That's a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

You gotta admit that King's question was designed to ambush Gingrich and perhaps finish him off. It had nothing to do with domestic or foreign policy and nobody ever blindsided a democrat candidate in such a way during a debate. Gingrich's response tells two things about him. He can think on his feet without a teleprompter and he ain't gonna take any more shit from the liberal media. That's a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Like the question wasn't expected. Hell, I expected the question and would have been in shock if it wasn't asked. Newt knew it was coming.

The sissie left that whines about "the professor's arrogance" fails to note the response of the crowd. It should send a chill up their pantywaist spines that the standing 'o that Gingrich received indicates that their power base in the liberal media isn't as strong as they thought it was.

Newt's answer was excellent. It was exactly what was called for. No wonder the audience loved it.
After watching one candidate after another get ambushed over past girlfriends, past associations, and a bunch of crap that really doesn't matter the public is probably sick of the media's focus on throwing dirt.
Newt is right. This election is too important to ask about ex wives and what Niggerhead means. We need to focus on actual issues. The media has been complicit in covering up for Obama, and failing to raise the level of discourse above tabloid journalism.

After watching the campaigns of Bob Dull and mush mouth McCain who on the right would not agree that the republican party needs a little arrogance?

Forum List

Back