A Lot of Newt Hate Threads

Me thinks Libtards are scared.
Can't wait to watch Newt crucify the man-child in a debate
Problem being that the election isn't going to be about issues...It's going to be total scorched Earth and Newty has more baggage than LAX on Thanksgiving.

He already showed that he can't hang in a political fire fight in the 90s.

I am not a Newt fan. I personally think the guy is a scumbag.
However, he's a hell of a lot more intelligent and experienced that the current Warmonger/Chickenhawk in Chief.
He will destroy Obama in a debate -

and it will be amusing to watch.

Ummm, point of order. Newt hasn't won the nomination.... he won one state. So far, that means:

Romney - one state
Santorum - one state
Gingrich - one state

Seems to me, you're getting a tad ahead of yourself with the whole 'Newt' thing.

Also, the issue I'm gonna have with the whole 'Newt vs Obama' debate thing is that I'm likely to find Obama more rational, more articulate, and more intelligent than Newt. I honestly don't think the left are scared of Newt. I think they're scared of Romney. And they have good reason to be.

Newt is the embodiment of everything the TP conservatives claim to hate, a big government, deficit spending, lobbyist/career politician. The fact that he has any support from that faction makes their stated goals seem like bad fiction.

I am not a Newt fan. I personally think the guy is a scumbag.
However, he's a hell of a lot more intelligent and experienced that the current Warmonger/Chickenhawk in Chief.
He will destroy Obama in a debate -

and it will be amusing to watch.

Don't bet on it. Obama is quite intelligent and quick in his mind.

Newt is neither the moral giant of our time nor the economic giant of our time.

Is he among the BS giants of our time...... you bet.

Last edited:

Ummm, point of order. Newt hasn't won the nomination.... he won one state. So far, that means:

Romney - one state
Santorum - one state
Gingrich - one state

Seems to me, you're getting a tad ahead of yourself with the whole 'Newt' thing.

Also, the issue I'm gonna have with the whole 'Newt vs Obama' debate thing is that I'm likely to find Obama more rational, more articulate, and more intelligent than Newt. I honestly don't think the left are scared of Newt. I think they're scared of Romney. And they have good reason to be.

You may be right. The left may just be slathering over his ALLEGED sexual shortcomings. And honesty - I don't like the guy. I just love the way he's firing up Liberals and I do believe he's a hell of a lot smarter/experienced than Obama will ever dream of being.
Personally, I like Romney and he would get my vote. But, putting Obama and Newt in the ring for a debate would be truly rich.

If an expected debate performance is the only reason people are supporting the grinch then they need to think about what the guy is going to do if he wins, will it be enough for them to simply have a republican in office? I reckon so.

It is odd that the democrats are so determined not to discuss Romney much until he has things sewn up. Indeed, there was a little leak of the democrat mud machinery in motion when it appeared it was all over but the shouting. Bain Capital is not a really good political recommendation. I am sure they have worse. He must have love children or something the Democrats are pushing him so hard.

They know most of the Newt stuff is already out there and they need him gone. Plus he turns debates with folks who are unprepared and clueless (like the One) into curb stomps. Which is why, with him surging, that they are expending all this effort to stop him so that their appointed patsy (Romney) can be curb stomped in November because of Bain and whatever else they have squirreled away on him.

Notice that we aren't discussing policy here at all. We have moved into the democrat debate wasteland of personality and ancient history. If the Democrats weren't involved in this process Newt might be out on his ear early, as he has a lot of ideas that are pretty strange for a Republican.

So Newt has two things working in his favor. The obvious democrat favoritism toward Romney for some weire and malicious end, and the relentless smear campaign over 20 year old news. Without those two advantages, Newt was getting nowhere.

Newt is the embodiment of everything the TP conservatives claim to hate, a big government, deficit spending, lobbyist/career politician. The fact that he has any support from that faction makes their stated goals seem like bad fiction.

I heard on tv last night that the majority of self identified tea party types voted for him. Amazing.

Newt is the embodiment of everything the TP conservatives claim to hate…

True, but their hate of Obama is greater, it helps them sweep the hypocrisy under the rug.

What's this hate shit, you racist bigot?

I, personally do not hate anyone.

I can't stand incompetence/the decline of our nation/the current sleazy admin.

Get a life

Yeah.....that's what it is....fear.....
543.gif

Romney - one state
Santorum - one state
Gingrich - one state

You may be right. The left may just be slathering over his ALLEGED sexual shortcomings. And honesty - I don't like the guy. I just love the way he's firing up Liberals and I do believe he's a hell of a lot smarter/experienced than Obama will ever dream of being.
Personally, I like Romney and he would get my vote. But, putting Obama and Newt in the ring for a debate would be truly rich.

I have to say, I was impressed with Obama's debating back in '08. I don't think it would be the cakewalk that you seem to suggest. Newt is overly emotional and is good at playing an audience.... whether that would neutralize Obama's calm exterior and articulate manner.... I'm not convinced. As I said, I think Newt could well get his ass handed to him by the calmer, more rational Obama.

New Topics

Forum List

Back