The Professor Scolds..........

you know what newt is? and why he is gaining now?

Newt is john mccain with the balls to tell the truth

at best a rino, BUT, when mccain was too pussed up to really go after odumbo in '08 and odumbo walked all over mccain,

Newt is a badass that easily makes people look stupid. and people enjoy watching a beat down.

newt will ass rape odumbo in a one on one debate

i dont like newt, i think he is a bad person, but

sometimes, a good boss has to be an asshole

Newt is gaining now because Romney's religion is a voting issue in the South. But keep telling yourself that this is some sort of deeper issue.

Gingrich will most likely lose the west, the midwest and the Northeast. I think Romney will have no problem with the nomination.

Probably good thing. Gingrich's blind ambition makes him dangerous. Even if Obama has a better shot against him, the chances that he could be president is sufficiently scary to make me root against him.

Newt has always had an anger management issue. I promise you ten minutes into his first debate with Obama he crashes and burns. Nothing will cause you to lose faster in the general than losing your temper or coming off as a bully.

Right now the Obama supporters are sleeping soundly at night.

You gotta admit that King's question was designed to ambush Gingrich and perhaps finish him off. It had nothing to do with domestic or foreign policy and nobody ever blindsided a democrat candidate in such a way during a debate. Gingrich's response tells two things about him. He can think on his feet without a teleprompter and he ain't gonna take any more shit from the liberal media. That's a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Like the question wasn't expected. Hell, I expected the question and would have been in shock if it wasn't asked. Newt knew it was coming.

The question was not only predictable but widely predicted (see, eg, South Carolina Republican debate: What to watch for - The Washington Post). And the question was, perhaps unintentionally, quite beneficial to Gingrich. His strong debate performance was widely credited with fueling his unexpected success in the primary.

As for unfair, ambush-style debate questions, the worst one that I can think of went to a Democrat: Dukakis' Deadly Response - Top 10 Memorable Debate Moments - TIME.

When was anything like this tried on democrats? The question would no doubt come up in the campaign sometime but no way was it predictable as the first question in a debate between republican candidates about the American political system. It was intended to blindside Gingrich and throw him off stride but it did just the opposite.

You gotta admit that King's question was designed to ambush Gingrich and perhaps finish him off. It had nothing to do with domestic or foreign policy and nobody ever blindsided a democrat candidate in such a way during a debate. Gingrich's response tells two things about him. He can think on his feet without a teleprompter and he ain't gonna take any more shit from the liberal media. That's a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Like the question wasn't expected. Hell, I expected the question and would have been in shock if it wasn't asked. Newt knew it was coming.

The question was not only predictable but widely predicted (see, eg, South Carolina Republican debate: What to watch for - The Washington Post). And the question was, perhaps unintentionally, quite beneficial to Gingrich. His strong debate performance was widely credited with fueling his unexpected success in the primary.

As for unfair, ambush-style debate questions, the worst one that I can think of went to a Democrat: Dukakis' Deadly Response - Top 10 Memorable Debate Moments - TIME.

No Lady, that question to Dukakis was about an actual issue. the question to Gingrich was a personal question about himself.... There is a major difference....

Of course, that was not the first time or last time Gingrich refused to respond to a question, and instead attacked the questioner.

And, it played well to a conservative base who has bought into the "evil liberal media" canard.

Gingrich the typical conservative: reject personal responsibility, attack the person, not the issue, and whine about being a ‘victim.’

After Newt got done with him, John King looked like he got smacked in the face with a fish!

And?

Gingrich has only himself to blame, not King.

Of course. Unfortunately for you, it will be a major turnoff for everyone else.

Gingrich choose to run for POTUS. He's not going to get a pass on answering questions.

Certainly not by being a condescending dick.

The question by John King put him over the top. Turnoff! It got a standing ovation!

It did. But a 'standing ovation' does not a President elect.

Actually, it does. Obama had nothing to offer but applause lines in 2008 and it got him a huge war chest and the WH.

Newt was smart enough to know the question was coming, but King and the shocked dems who hoped it would finish him off weren't smart enough to realize what a stupid thing it was to ask.

Forum List

Back