The Politics of Envy

You aren't very bright. JFK and FDR would not be welcome in today's Democrat party.

why do U insist on being so god damn ignorant, a. there is no Democrat Party, b. you have no clue now or ever about anything...that isnt my opinion, you know, it is, wait for it

Bush and JFK were political twins.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haQzdW7hg4A]Classic Bush - What Mistakes? - YouTube[/ame]

eusa_doh.gif

You aren't very bright. JFK and FDR would not be welcome in today's Democrat party.

why do U insist on being so god damn ignorant, a. there is no Democrat Party, b. you have no clue now or ever about anything...that isnt my opinion, you know, it is, wait for it

Bush and JFK were political twins.

John F Kennedy's New Frontier:

Economic Stimulus February 1961:

1.The addition of a temporary thirteen-week supplement to jobless benefits,
2.The extension of aid to the children of unemployed workers,
3.The redevelopment of distressed areas,
4.An increase in Social Security payments and the encouragement of earlier retirement,
5.An increase in the minimum wage and an extension in coverage,
6.The provision of emergency relief to feed grain farmers, and
7.The financing of a comprehensive homebuilding and slum clearance program

Executive initiatives:

Under his own presidential authority, Kennedy carried out various measures to boost the economy under his own executive anti-recessionary acceleration program. Through his own initiative, he directed all Federal agencies to accelerate their procurement and construction, particularly in labor surplus areas. A long-range program of post office construction was compressed into the first six months of his presidency, farm price supports were raised and their payments advanced, over a billion dollars in state highway aid funds were released ahead of schedule, and the distribution of tax refunds and GI life insurance dividends were speeded up.[6] In addition, free food distribution to needy families was expanded, state governors were urged by Kennedy to spend federal funds more rapidly for hospitals, schools, roads, and waste treatment facilities, the college housing and urban renewal programs were pushed forward, and procurement agencies were directed to make purchases in areas of high unemployment.

In an attempt to expand credit and stimulate building, Kennedy ordered a reduction in the maximum permissible interest rate on FHA insured loans, reduced the interest rate on Small Business Administration loans in distressed areas, expanded its available credit and liberalised lending by the Federal Home Loan Banks.

Keep reading:

The Right's mythologized BFF John F. Kennedy had a domestic agenda that makes Obama look conservative:

New Frontier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The attempt of modern day conservatives to claim some sort of ideological propinquity to John F. Kennedy is just one more symptom of their profound stupidity.

Our Founders did recognize, however, that stupid people should not be voting.

They knew stupid people would put people such as Pelosi in office and just vote themselves the other guys money, and eventually destroy our civilization.

Bright people, our Founding Fathers.

Anyone could easily make the same argument regarding relatively poor red state conservatives who ultimately vote against their own economic interests when they vote for candidates who trot out social issues to which they only give lip service during a campaign in order to get elected.

For example, look at what Tex Governor Rick Perry just said regarding Medicaid. He's rejecting it even though the federal gov't picks up 90% of the tab. That means that several million people may ultimately go without healthcare, and some of those people have probably voted for Perry before and would again. That's pretty stupid by any yardstick.

Sure. Voter fraud should not be tolerated, and our Attorney General attempting to characterize simple precautions to curtail abuse as 'Whitey is out to get you niggas again!' is wrong, pathetic and wildly divisive.

But for you it is good politics, which why Leftist filth such as yourself condone it.
Should voter suppression be tolerated?

Here how I look at it.

If they want to require IDs, then we need to promote people getting the proper IDs. Simple as that.

Lets throw it right back into their face.

Actually I am in favor of national ID cards. I see no reason not to have them. They should be issued once every five years for a ten dollar fee. They can be chipped to keep up to the date info on a persons home address and used for same day voter registration across the country.

Also, Im for a Constitutional amendment stating that Voting is a right.

I'll never be in favor of a national ID card because the R wants to control every aspect of our lives and that would help them do that. There is no doubt the R would use that to curtail even more freedoms than they're after now.

OTOH, yes, of course, voting is a right that every American has and should have but what we're seeing right now is a concentrated effort by the Rs to take basic rights away from Americans.

We need to fight them because if we don't, they will succeed. And, there is nothing worse than that.

Should voter suppression be tolerated?

Here how I look at it.

If they want to require IDs, then we need to promote people getting the proper IDs. Simple as that.

Actually I am in favor of national ID cards. I see no reason not to have them. They should be issued once every five years for a ten dollar fee. They can be chipped to keep up to the date info on a persons home address and used for same day voter registration across the country.

I'll never be in favor of a national ID card because the R wants to control every aspect of our lives and that would help them do that. There is no doubt the R would use that to curtail even more freedoms than they're after now.

OTOH, yes, of course, voting is a right that every American has and should have but what we're seeing right now is a concentrated effort by the Rs to take basic rights away from Americans.

We need to fight them because if we don't, they will succeed. And, there is nothing worse than that.

voting is not a right enumerated in the Constitution, which is why I think it ought to be.

Here how I look at it.

voting is not a right enumerated in the Constitution, which is why I think it ought to be.

Do you really want to encourage ignorant assholes to vote? That is how we get a Maxine Waters in Congress!

They knew stupid people would put people such as Pelosi in office and just vote themselves the other guys money, and eventually destroy our civilization.

Anyone could easily make the same argument regarding relatively poor red state conservatives who ultimately vote against their own economic interests when they vote for candidates who trot out social issues to which they only give lip service during a campaign in order to get elected.

For example, look at what Tex Governor Rick Perry just said regarding Medicaid. He's rejecting it even though the federal gov't picks up 90% of the tab. That means that several million people may ultimately go without healthcare, and some of those people have probably voted for Perry before and would again. That's pretty stupid by any yardstick.

The Federal gubmint is not picking up the tab on expanded Medicaid, assclown. That is just a temporary smoke and mirror, like so much of ObamaTax funding.

Constitutionally protecting slavery is the best example of being able to vote oneself the other guy's money, in the case the value of the slaves' labor.

Bright, white people.

Well, Blacks were though of as sub-human at the time by many.

Constitutionally protecting slavery is the best example of being able to vote oneself the other guy's money, in the case the value of the slaves' labor.

Bright, white people.

And would be still if not for the Progressive Republican party.

Here is the speech JFK was to give to Dallas that was never given.

I challenge any Libtard to point out something in the speech which Dubya wouldn't have said:

The Speech President John F Kennedy Never Made in Dallas

Political twins.

Im not a libtard but...challenge ACCEPTED!

But today other voices are heard in the land--voices preaching doctrines wholly unrelated to reality, wholly unsuited to the sixties,

Ummm I doubt W. would have said this, it being NOT the 1960s and all but as confused as he was most of the time, I suppose Ill have to let that one go.

that vituperation is as good as victory and that peace is a sign of weakness.

First off, W. wouldnt have been able to pronounce vituperation and his speech writers would have known that so that word with something he could have pronounced like...condemnation...no still too complex...whining, yeah maybe whining, though theres still the chance he'd fuck it up and say winning.

this question clearly calls for the most responsible qualities of leadership and the most enlightened products of scholarship.

No way W. says this. Strength comes from military might in W.s book NOT from scholorship. He was a fucking C student for christs sake. No way he says this.

Overwhelming nuclear strength cannot stop a guerrilla war.

Pronounced nucular

But it was not the Monroe Doctrine that kept all Europe away from this hemisphere

W. would never mention the Monroe doctrine.

But American military might should not and need not stand alone against the ambitions of international communism

coalition of the willing

For the first time in history average factory earnings have exceeded $100 a week.

W. might have said he successfully reduced wages to 100 bucks a week.

Not political twins.

These days it seems to be all about class warfare, promoting envy against those who have more by those who have less. Let's take more from them and redistribute it to somebody else, and social justice is achieved. Supposedly. They don't deserve it, not that much, some didn't really earn it anyway. IT'S NOT FAIR. Who gets to decide what's fair? Just wonderin'.

Envy is a very destructive force, both for an individual and for society as a whole. Instead of thinking and doing whatever is necessary to get ahead, we're concerned with what someone else has, and taking it from him, her, or them. You tell me, where does it end? Some want to return the days when the marginal tax rate exceeded 90%, hell let's take it all! As though there are no repercussions, no consequences. Does the left not see that entrepeneurship and innovation are impaired when you cut the reward down to next to nothing? Who's going to risk their time, effort, and money? As we speak, more than a few wealthy frenchmen are moving their money out of France and leaving the country. As did the wealthy in Sweden 20 years ago when they substantially raised taxes, and everywhere else when the tax rate gets too high.

Beyond that, a message is sent when you engage in this kind of politics. We are turned against each other, and another reason is added to be resentful, even vengeful. Look at the violence of the OWSers, as we approach the conventions and a long hot summer of further discontent fueled by UE that remains stubbornly high particularly among the young, does anyone think it'll all blow over?

Are there any of you who really think that all our problems are solved by taking all or almost all the money earned by the rich? Most of 'em got rich by busting their humps, or by inventing something new and better, or by improving a product or service. Do you really think they continue to do so when you take away their incentive? Sounds a lot like communist Russia to me, how'd that work out?

When we worry about this we take our eyes off the real issue, which is trying to create more jobs and more opportunities for as many people as possible to get on the income ladder and start moving up. We need to be more effective at that, and stop obsessing about those who have already achieved success.

Most wealthy people got wealthy not entirely by their own work, but by being able to take a share of the work of others.

The essence of the struggle between the working class and the wealthy, owning class is the struggle over who gets what share of the wealth produced.

'Class envy' is just a card played by the rich, and the allies of the rich, little different than the playing of the 'race card' in certain circumstances; it is not a legitimate part of the debate.

Really?? who has Jay Leno stolen from? Who's work has Ben Rothleisburger stolen? Is the heart surgeon fleecing your wallet while you're on the table?

"Taking a share of others" is pure crap.. I've been a part of a DOZEN start-ups in Silicon Valley.. I can tell you for a fact -- that management was driving the beaters in the parking lot... You know NOTHING about risk and sacrifice for stuff you believe in.. And you falsely believe it's all about greed. Any of those people I named above GREEDY?

Neither were those entrenprenuers in Silicon Valley...
Take you class war and shove it.. It's disgusting and baseless.

These days it seems to be all about class warfare, promoting envy against those who have more by those who have less. Let's take more from them and redistribute it to somebody else, and social justice is achieved. Supposedly. They don't deserve it, not that much, some didn't really earn it anyway. IT'S NOT FAIR. Who gets to decide what's fair? Just wonderin'.

Envy is a very destructive force, both for an individual and for society as a whole. Instead of thinking and doing whatever is necessary to get ahead, we're concerned with what someone else has, and taking it from him, her, or them. You tell me, where does it end? Some want to return the days when the marginal tax rate exceeded 90%, hell let's take it all! As though there are no repercussions, no consequences. Does the left not see that entrepeneurship and innovation are impaired when you cut the reward down to next to nothing? Who's going to risk their time, effort, and money? As we speak, more than a few wealthy frenchmen are moving their money out of France and leaving the country. As did the wealthy in Sweden 20 years ago when they substantially raised taxes, and everywhere else when the tax rate gets too high.

Beyond that, a message is sent when you engage in this kind of politics. We are turned against each other, and another reason is added to be resentful, even vengeful. Look at the violence of the OWSers, as we approach the conventions and a long hot summer of further discontent fueled by UE that remains stubbornly high particularly among the young, does anyone think it'll all blow over?

Are there any of you who really think that all our problems are solved by taking all or almost all the money earned by the rich? Most of 'em got rich by busting their humps, or by inventing something new and better, or by improving a product or service. Do you really think they continue to do so when you take away their incentive? Sounds a lot like communist Russia to me, how'd that work out?

When we worry about this we take our eyes off the real issue, which is trying to create more jobs and more opportunities for as many people as possible to get on the income ladder and start moving up. We need to be more effective at that, and stop obsessing about those who have already achieved success.

Most wealthy people got wealthy not entirely by their own work, but by being able to take a share of the work of others.

The essence of the struggle between the working class and the wealthy, owning class is the struggle over who gets what share of the wealth produced.

'Class envy' is just a card played by the rich, and the allies of the rich, little different than the playing of the 'race card' in certain circumstances; it is not a legitimate part of the debate.

Really?? who has Jay Leno stolen from? Who's work has Ben Rothleisburger stolen? Is the heart surgeon fleecing your wallet while you're on the table?

"Taking a share of others" is pure crap.. I've been a part of a DOZEN start-ups in Silicon Valley.. I can tell you for a fact -- that management was driving the beaters in the parking lot... You know NOTHING about risk and sacrifice for stuff you believe in.. And you falsely believe it's all about greed. Any of those people I named above GREEDY?

Conan OBrien.

Wiseacre - you could not have said it any better. Just look at the venom from the left on this thread alone. They are just full of hate and envy for anyone who has been more successful than them.

They simply can't accept that others are more talented, smarter, stronger, work harder, or just have more luck. They want the results for everyone to be "equal" but ignore the fact that the effort, talent, contributions, etc. are not equal.

In simple terms, they are everything that both the US and the bible stand against. They are a cancer to this nation, and they will be defeated just we defeated the British, the Nazi's, and the Soviets.

Wiseacre - you could not have said it any better. Just look at the venom from the left on this thread alone. They are just full of hate and envy for anyone who has been more successful than them.

They simply can't accept that others are more talented, smarter, stronger, work harder, or just have more luck. They want the results for everyone to be "equal" but ignore the fact that the effort, talent, contributions, etc. are not equal.

In simple terms, they are everything that both the US and the bible stand against. They are a cancer to this nation, and they will be defeated just we defeated the British, the Nazi's, and the Soviets.

Liberalism is a disease, and Marxism is the new scourge of mankind.

Conan OBrien.

And yet you are not willing to admit who you have stolen from. The fact that you have expensive high speed bandwidth internet access and expensive computers to access it with is a clear indication that you have exploited and stolen from somebody. Your neighbor? Your employee? The defenseless homeless people in your community? Be a man for once and admit who you are exploiting for your own greed....

Worship? Utterly ridiculous. And depressing too, that you or anyone else would think that.

It is very common, hero worship is one form of the basic human affliction i speak of.

the sect of Palintology was a very entertaining illustration of the affliction.

Palintology? As in worship? Complete and utter bullshit. And you are entertained? How very sad.

Note Palintology not palentology.

Bright, white people.

And would be still if not for the Progressive Republican party.

Chicago Murder Rate Soars as Obama Stays Silent

Chicago Murder Rate Soars as Obama Stays Silent

Hate and envy?
Not me. I do not in any way envy the Kardashians, or Paris Hilton, etc.
Nor do I hate them I just do not hold them in any special esteem because they have money.
I judge each person on their merits or failures.
There are som great dirt poor people and some good people with money as well. But not having money does not automatically make you a bad person nor having money does not automatically make you a good person to be admired.

Forum List

Back