The Politics of Envy

"Class Envy"

Yeah, that's why JFK, FDR, and every other uber-wealthy candidate was not elected and instead, a nice, poor, middle class candidate was.

Get a new excuse because this one is just plain lame and everyone knows it.

No, the radicals were not in control of the Democrat party back then.

Today, the moderates have been run off and the radicals hold sway.

Just some more headlines of Liberals trying to divide us, from today:

Eric Holder revs up NAACP meeting
saying the Justice Department “will not allow political pretexts to disenfranchise American citizens of their most precious right.”

James Earl Jones: Tea Party Is 'Racist'

Letterman: Romney Promising 'He'll Put Anderson Cooper Back in Closet'...

ID laws may affect black voter turnout, Dems fearmonger

Perhaps you can explain how the highlighted part is an attempt at division.

Sure. Voter fraud should not be tolerated, and our Attorney General attempting to characterize simple precautions to curtail abuse as 'Whitey is out to get you niggas again!' is wrong, pathetic and wildly divisive.

But for you it is good politics, which why Leftist filth such as yourself condone it.
Should voter suppression be tolerated?

"Class Envy"

Yeah, that's why JFK, FDR, and every other uber-wealthy candidate was not elected and instead, a nice, poor, middle class candidate was.

Which is why they promote Conservative ideas like Emissions trading and an individual mandate, right?

Sure. Voter fraud should not be tolerated, and our Attorney General attempting to characterize simple precautions to curtail abuse as 'Whitey is out to get you niggas again!' is wrong, pathetic and wildly divisive.

But for you it is good politics, which why Leftist filth such as yourself condone it.

No. But why are you changing the subject?

Should our Attorney General be mischaracterizing simple voter ID requirements as an attack on black people or not?

"Class Envy"

Which is why they promote Conservative ideas like Emissions trading and an individual mandate, right?

You aren't very bright. JFK and FDR would not be welcome in today's Democrat party.

Any of the revolutionary class warriors want to explain to me why LeBron James (who made over $100M last year) is NOT paying his fair share? Why Obama keeps villifying him?

While 1/2 of the American tax payers pay NOTHING (except an increasingly smaller part of their "premiums" for MediCare and SS)

My guess will be no takers from the braves out there..

Simple.

LeBron doesn't pay his "fair share" because of the Bush Era tax rates. Obama doesn't villify him, but does think he should pay more, and he should, since his job and career is not about creating jobs.

And half the country pays not INCOME tax because of, again, the Bush Era Tax Rates and/or because they have no job.

What else can I help you with?

90% tax rates are what built the middle class and the infrastructure, starting in the 70's with Paul Weyrich, Kochs and others, the propaganda machine was built to lie to the american people about trickle down, etc.

Serious damage has been done by the right in this country ever since, it is like a war on the middle class.

Don't forget about......

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Gettin' back TO.......​

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

Last edited:

Here how I look at it.

If they want to require IDs, then we need to promote people getting the proper IDs. Simple as that.

Lets throw it right back into their face.

Actually I am in favor of national ID cards. I see no reason not to have them. They should be issued once every five years for a ten dollar fee. They can be chipped to keep up to the date info on a persons home address and used for same day voter registration across the country.

Also, Im for a Constitutional amendment stating that Voting is a right.

You aren't very bright. JFK and FDR would not be welcome in today's Democrat party.

why do U insist on being so god damn ignorant, a. there is no Democrat Party, b. you have no clue now or ever about anything...that isnt my opinion, you know, it is, wait for it

bush_dailymirror_dumb_people.jpg

These days it seems to be all about class warfare, promoting envy against those who have more by those who have less. Let's take more from them and redistribute it to somebody else, and social justice is achieved. Supposedly. They don't deserve it, not that much, some didn't really earn it anyway. IT'S NOT FAIR. Who gets to decide what's fair? Just wonderin'.

Envy is a very destructive force, both for an individual and for society as a whole. Instead of thinking and doing whatever is necessary to get ahead, we're concerned with what someone else has, and taking it from him, her, or them. You tell me, where does it end? Some want to return the days when the marginal tax rate exceeded 90%, hell let's take it all! As though there are no repercussions, no consequences. Does the left not see that entrepeneurship and innovation are impaired when you cut the reward down to next to nothing? Who's going to risk their time, effort, and money? As we speak, more than a few wealthy frenchmen are moving their money out of France and leaving the country. As did the wealthy in Sweden 20 years ago when they substantially raised taxes, and everywhere else when the tax rate gets too high.

Beyond that, a message is sent when you engage in this kind of politics. We are turned against each other, and another reason is added to be resentful, even vengeful. Look at the violence of the OWSers, as we approach the conventions and a long hot summer of further discontent fueled by UE that remains stubbornly high particularly among the young, does anyone think it'll all blow over?

Are there any of you who really think that all our problems are solved by taking all or almost all the money earned by the rich? Most of 'em got rich by busting their humps, or by inventing something new and better, or by improving a product or service. Do you really think they continue to do so when you take away their incentive? Sounds a lot like communist Russia to me, how'd that work out?

When we worry about this we take our eyes off the real issue, which is trying to create more jobs and more opportunities for as many people as possible to get on the income ladder and start moving up. We need to be more effective at that, and stop obsessing about those who have already achieved success.

Most wealthy people got wealthy not entirely by their own work, but by being able to take a share of the work of others.

The essence of the struggle between the working class and the wealthy, owning class is the struggle over who gets what share of the wealth produced.

'Class envy' is just a card played by the rich, and the allies of the rich, little different than the playing of the 'race card' in certain circumstances; it is not a legitimate part of the debate.

And Eisenhower, Nixon and Reagan wouldnt be allowed in todays Republican party.

why do U insist on being so god damn ignorant, a. there is no Democrat Party, b. you have no clue now or ever about anything...that isnt my opinion, you know, it is, wait for it

Bush and JFK were political twins.

Here how I look at it.

If they want to require IDs, then we need to promote people getting the proper IDs. Simple as that.

Lets throw it right back into their face.

Actually I am in favor of national ID cards. I see no reason not to have them. They should be issued once every five years for a ten dollar fee. They can be chipped to keep up to the date info on a persons home address and used for same day voter registration across the country.

Also, Im for a Constitutional amendment stating that Voting is a right.

Well, I am absolutely, 100% against a national ID card. At least a drivers license has a purpose since you have to pass a drivers test to get it and legally operate a motor vehicle. But I don't need or want to carry around an ID at all times (I often don't carry a license if I'm not driving, and why should I?) as if it's perfectly okay for LE to accost me and demand proof of who I am and then have computer access to my entire life.

Finally, if voting is a right, how can they block your right to vote by placing extraordinary impediments in place in order to require me to meet them in order to access my right to vote? That's what they used to do in the South with poll taxes they couldn't afford to pay and literacy tests with questions that they couldn't possibly know the answers to so that they couldn't possibly pass the test in order to vote. And it was all perfectly legal at the time.

Last edited:
Our Founders did recognize, however, that stupid people should not be voting.

They knew stupid people would put people such as Pelosi in office and just vote themselves the other guys money, and eventually destroy our civilization.

Bright people, our Founding Fathers.

These days it seems to be all about class warfare, promoting envy against those who have more by those who have less. Let's take more from them and redistribute it to somebody else, and social justice is achieved. Supposedly. They don't deserve it, not that much, some didn't really earn it anyway. IT'S NOT FAIR. Who gets to decide what's fair? Just wonderin'.

Envy is a very destructive force, both for an individual and for society as a whole. Instead of thinking and doing whatever is necessary to get ahead, we're concerned with what someone else has, and taking it from him, her, or them. You tell me, where does it end? Some want to return the days when the marginal tax rate exceeded 90%, hell let's take it all! As though there are no repercussions, no consequences. Does the left not see that entrepeneurship and innovation are impaired when you cut the reward down to next to nothing? Who's going to risk their time, effort, and money? As we speak, more than a few wealthy frenchmen are moving their money out of France and leaving the country. As did the wealthy in Sweden 20 years ago when they substantially raised taxes, and everywhere else when the tax rate gets too high.

Beyond that, a message is sent when you engage in this kind of politics. We are turned against each other, and another reason is added to be resentful, even vengeful. Look at the violence of the OWSers, as we approach the conventions and a long hot summer of further discontent fueled by UE that remains stubbornly high particularly among the young, does anyone think it'll all blow over?

Are there any of you who really think that all our problems are solved by taking all or almost all the money earned by the rich? Most of 'em got rich by busting their humps, or by inventing something new and better, or by improving a product or service. Do you really think they continue to do so when you take away their incentive? Sounds a lot like communist Russia to me, how'd that work out?

When we worry about this we take our eyes off the real issue, which is trying to create more jobs and more opportunities for as many people as possible to get on the income ladder and start moving up. We need to be more effective at that, and stop obsessing about those who have already achieved success.

Excellent points.

The whole basis for class envy is that government has favored people by giving them more and it causes jealousy because others don't have it as well as others. If they had any understanding of how wealth is created, they'd know they need to get busy and join the working class.

Instead they whine because government didn't give them a big house and lots of money, so they demand "fairness." Many don't have a clue how people created a better quality of living for themselves.

Worst of all, politicians like Obama don't even try to enlighten them and continue to exploit their ignorance.

They knew stupid people would put people such as Pelosi in office and just vote themselves the other guys money, and eventually destroy our civilization.

See, the Right can even come up with a founding fathers argument to oppose women's suffrage.

You're a brainwashed functional idiot....What makes Dems today communists, the Heritage/Dole/Romney Health Reform, or raising income tax 4% on your bloated greedy rich heroes?

Constitutionally protecting slavery is the best example of being able to vote oneself the other guy's money, in the case the value of the slaves' labor.

Bright, white people.

So We, the People, means We, the Indoctrinated, to you, then?

Forum List

Back