The Politics of Envy

My god, do you honestly believe this?

I could probably pull up a dozen headlines today where a Leftist scumbag such as yourself was trying to divide us as illustrated.

Off the top if my head, just today:

- The divisive lie rumor that Romney was hiding offshore accounts because he is an evil rich dude.

- The story that Romney is too white to address the NAACP

You are filth.

Every day SniperFire... Since the revolution started and the Progressives took the Demo party off the cliff. How many example of class warfare do they want... Got a million of them.

Again, please read a book, please turn fox off, it may be too late if you dont do it now

Right now you know absolutely nothing, every single thing in your head is a lie, you must repent and do it now...

“Now the company of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things which he possessed was his own, but they had everything in common... There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles feet; and distribution was made to each as any had need.” Acts 4:32-35.

Go ahead and do that.

but don't demand that I also comply.

anyway, the end result in 5 years was the people that worked more, got more than those that didn't and that place looked the same as it did before.

These days it seems to be all about class warfare, promoting envy against those who have more by those who have less. Let's take more from them and redistribute it to somebody else, and social justice is achieved. Supposedly. They don't deserve it, not that much, some didn't really earn it anyway. IT'S NOT FAIR. Who gets to decide what's fair? Just wonderin'.

Envy is a very destructive force, both for an individual and for society as a whole. Instead of thinking and doing whatever is necessary to get ahead, we're concerned with what someone else has, and taking it from him, her, or them. You tell me, where does it end? Some want to return the days when the marginal tax rate exceeded 90%, hell let's take it all! As though there are no repercussions, no consequences. Does the left not see that entrepeneurship and innovation are impaired when you cut the reward down to next to nothing? Who's going to risk their time, effort, and money? As we speak, more than a few wealthy frenchmen are moving their money out of France and leaving the country. As did the wealthy in Sweden 20 years ago when they substantially raised taxes, and everywhere else when the tax rate gets too high.

Beyond that, a message is sent when you engage in this kind of politics. We are turned against each other, and another reason is added to be resentful, even vengeful. Look at the violence of the OWSers, as we approach the conventions and a long hot summer of further discontent fueled by UE that remains stubbornly high particularly among the young, does anyone think it'll all blow over?

Are there any of you who really think that all our problems are solved by taking all or almost all the money earned by the rich? Most of 'em got rich by busting their humps, or by inventing something new and better, or by improving a product or service. Do you really think they continue to do so when you take away their incentive? Sounds a lot like communist Russia to me, how'd that work out?

When we worry about this we take our eyes off the real issue, which is trying to create more jobs and more opportunities for as many people as possible to get on the income ladder and start moving up. We need to be more effective at that, and stop obsessing about those who have already achieved success.

Ah, the wonderful right wing talking point. The reason the economy is so bad is because we haven't lowered taxes enough even though they are at their lowest level in over 60 years. Keep thinking liberals want to tax the rich at 90%. It's what cons like to tell each other as they slap each other on the back thinking they are smarter than everyone else. The truth is that taxes have been lowered too much at a time when we are having to spend more on SS and Medicare, along with many social safety programs due to the horrible economy. The ever increasing debt that is the result is leading investors to fear for the worst and keeping them hesitant to invest in any type of growth. It's a funny thing in a way, because we are going to have massive growth over the next 50 years as the US population continues to grow.

As for the tax rates, taxing the wealthy a little bit more, since they actually can afford it, is not such a bad thing, because they actually can afford it. That doesn't mean 90% rates, it just means raising them a bit. Honestly, just ending the Bush tax cuts across the board would be a decent starting point. This idea that the rich will stop investing because we tax them an additional 10% is nonsense. Rich people enjoy making money, and they will continue to try to make money regardless of the tax rates. The US still has one of the lowest tax rates in the entire developed world. This idea that the wealthy will flee is a bit silly. Do you think they will head to Belarus? Most of the countries with lower tax rates than the US are not places most people would want to be trapped.

One last thing; if we want to cut federal spending, there are many places to do so. I am not opposed to some cuts. Want to cut the Department of Education? Fine by me. Nobody there teaches anything. There are many areas where we could cut spending without trashing good programs or hurting the poor. In the end, if those on the right win this battle, it will lead to bad things for everyone. While the right is so worried about keeping their own, they miss the point that a strong economy includes a strong middle class and a smaller poor class. Making the middle class smaller and adding to the number of poor just so the wealthy can keep more of their earnings will actually lead to a loss in income for those who are very wealthy. This concept is the one the cons seem to miss completely.

The left believes that everyone should have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The far right thinks only the very rich should, and everyone else can go to hell.

This is absolute and unadulterated bullshit. Too bad you think it, let alone say it. I guess the chasm between us really is too wide to bridge.

Its a matter of values choices black label the right to not be told what to eat drive (get the needle from the doctor)
I'm a 'poor' Republican now so what? I'd bet $100 you only like Obama because of his color and you want to believe these Communist promises of freebies will take responsibility out of the equation.

You are an uneducated, poor, and completely ignorant hard right wing fool . Just the way the GOP masters want you to be.

Any of the revolutionary class warriors want to explain to me why LeBron James (who made over $100M last year) is NOT paying his fair share? Why Obama keeps villifying him?

While 1/2 of the American tax payers pay NOTHING (except an increasingly smaller part of their "premiums" for MediCare and SS)

My guess will be no takers from the braves out there..

There is no group of Americans more fixated on class, race, ethnicity and bossiness than today's leftists. Even the poor moderates in your Party are shaking their heads..

I can't think of any Nation which has survived such an assault without civil war.

You Limbaugh-lemmings are....

.....tooooooooooooo obvious.

249.gif

rush_lemmings_001.jpg

Last edited:
I could probably pull up a dozen headlines today where a Leftist scumbag such as yourself was trying to divide us as illustrated.

Off the top if my head, just today:

- The divisive lie rumor that Romney was hiding offshore accounts because he is an evil rich dude.

- The story that Romney is too white to address the NAACP

You are filth.

Every day SniperFire... Since the revolution started and the Progressives took the Demo party off the cliff. How many example of class warfare do they want... Got a million of them.

Again, please read a book, please turn fox off, it may be too late if you dont do it now

Right now you know absolutely nothing, every single thing in your head is a lie, you must repent and do it now...

Just some more headlines of Liberals trying to divide us, from today:

Eric Holder revs up NAACP meeting
saying the Justice Department “will not allow political pretexts to disenfranchise American citizens of their most precious right.”

James Earl Jones: Tea Party Is 'Racist'

Letterman: Romney Promising 'He'll Put Anderson Cooper Back in Closet'...

ID laws may affect black voter turnout, Dems fearmonger

These days it seems to be all about class warfare, promoting envy against those who have more by those who have less. Let's take more from them and redistribute it to somebody else, and social justice is achieved. Supposedly. They don't deserve it, not that much, some didn't really earn it anyway. IT'S NOT FAIR. Who gets to decide what's fair? Just wonderin'.

Envy is a very destructive force, both for an individual and for society as a whole. Instead of thinking and doing whatever is necessary to get ahead, we're concerned with what someone else has, and taking it from him, her, or them. You tell me, where does it end? Some want to return the days when the marginal tax rate exceeded 90%, hell let's take it all! As though there are no repercussions, no consequences. Does the left not see that entrepeneurship and innovation are impaired when you cut the reward down to next to nothing? Who's going to risk their time, effort, and money? As we speak, more than a few wealthy frenchmen are moving their money out of France and leaving the country. As did the wealthy in Sweden 20 years ago when they substantially raised taxes, and everywhere else when the tax rate gets too high.

Beyond that, a message is sent when you engage in this kind of politics. We are turned against each other, and another reason is added to be resentful, even vengeful. Look at the violence of the OWSers, as we approach the conventions and a long hot summer of further discontent fueled by UE that remains stubbornly high particularly among the young, does anyone think it'll all blow over?

Are there any of you who really think that all our problems are solved by taking all or almost all the money earned by the rich? Most of 'em got rich by busting their humps, or by inventing something new and better, or by improving a product or service. Do you really think they continue to do so when you take away their incentive? Sounds a lot like communist Russia to me, how'd that work out?

When we worry about this we take our eyes off the real issue, which is trying to create more jobs and more opportunities for as many people as possible to get on the income ladder and start moving up. We need to be more effective at that, and stop obsessing about those who have already achieved success.

Ah, the wonderful right wing talking point. The reason the economy is so bad is because we haven't lowered taxes enough even though they are at their lowest level in over 60 years. Keep thinking liberals want to tax the rich at 90%. It's what cons like to tell each other as they slap each other on the back thinking they are smarter than everyone else. The truth is that taxes have been lowered too much at a time when we are having to spend more on SS and Medicare, along with many social safety programs due to the horrible economy. The ever increasing debt that is the result is leading investors to fear for the worst and keeping them hesitant to invest in any type of growth. It's a funny thing in a way, because we are going to have massive growth over the next 50 years as the US population continues to grow.

As for the tax rates, taxing the wealthy a little bit more, since they actually can afford it, is not such a bad thing, because they actually can afford it. That doesn't mean 90% rates, it just means raising them a bit. Honestly, just ending the Bush tax cuts across the board would be a decent starting point. This idea that the rich will stop investing because we tax them an additional 10% is nonsense. Rich people enjoy making money, and they will continue to try to make money regardless of the tax rates. The US still has one of the lowest tax rates in the entire developed world. This idea that the wealthy will flee is a bit silly. Do you think they will head to Belarus? Most of the countries with lower tax rates than the US are not places most people would want to be trapped.

One last thing; if we want to cut federal spending, there are many places to do so. I am not opposed to some cuts. Want to cut the Department of Education? Fine by me. Nobody there teaches anything. There are many areas where we could cut spending without trashing good programs or hurting the poor. In the end, if those on the right win this battle, it will lead to bad things for everyone. While the right is so worried about keeping their own, they miss the point that a strong economy includes a strong middle class and a smaller poor class. Making the middle class smaller and adding to the number of poor just so the wealthy can keep more of their earnings will actually lead to a loss in income for those who are very wealthy. This concept is the one the cons seem to miss completely.

I take it then that you'd like to see the Bush tax cuts expire?

Any of the revolutionary class warriors want to explain to me why LeBron James (who made over $100M last year) is NOT paying his fair share? Why Obama keeps villifying him?

While 1/2 of the American tax payers pay NOTHING (except an increasingly smaller part of their "premiums" for MediCare and SS)

Simple.

LeBron doesn't pay his "fair share" because of the Bush Era tax rates. Obama doesn't villify him, but does think he should pay more, and he should, since his job and career is not about creating jobs.

And half the country pays not INCOME tax because of, again, the Bush Era Tax Rates and/or because they have no job.

What else can I help you with?

Simple.

LeBron doesn't pay his "fair share" because of the Bush Era tax rates. Obama doesn't villify him, but does think he should pay more, and he should, since his job and career is not about creating jobs.

And half the country pays not INCOME tax because of, again, the Bush Era Tax Rates and/or because they have no job.

90% tax rates are what built the middle class and the infrastructure, starting in the 70's with Paul Weyrich, Kochs and others, the propaganda machine was built to lie to the american people about trickle down, etc.

Serious damage has been done by the right in this country ever since, it is like a war on the middle class.

saying the Justice Department “will not allow political pretexts to disenfranchise American citizens of their most precious right.”

Perhaps you can explain how the highlighted part is an attempt at division. Or perhaps you can't.

The truth of the matter is there is no hard evidence that voter fraud at polling places is anything more than an exceptionally minor problem. Yet initiating an ID process (a very selective ID process, I might add) could potentially disenfranchise thousands of American citizens and prevent them from voting.

Now, isn't it odd that this rush toward a requirement to have a state issued ID prior to voting in an effort to supposedly prevent voter fraud started in the aftermath of the 2008 election which saw record numbers of minorities voting? Maybe it's not that odd, after all.

Simple.

No -- I generally buy my bullshit in bulk at the nursery.. 1/2 of FILERS don't pay any income tax (and you know that but insist on being stupid). That doesn't mean they are jobless.

Bush tax breaks brought the number up from 44% to about 47%. You get a point. And Obama says that LeBron is not paying his fair share almost daily. That's harrassment and it's annoying.. WHY should Lebron pay more than he is? He's already paying a higher rate than Buffet -- isn't he?

I love how you we both agree that the truth divides us. I also like how you dont feel the need to turn any of those headlines into links. Your brand of hit and run posting is brilliant bullshit. How much do they pay you for that?

Last edited:
As Buffett said, the greedy Pub rich have been fighting this class warfare for years, and they've won. Their wealth has grown 270% while the rest and the country go to hell. See sig pp1...

And thanks for the depression.

Last edited:

Simple.

90% tax rates are what built the middle class and the infrastructure, starting in the 70's with Paul Weyrich, Kochs and others, the propaganda machine was built to lie to the american people about trickle down, etc.

Serious damage has been done by the right in this country ever since, it is like a war on the middle class.

So are you saying that Lebron James should give 90% of what he earns over a $2Mill to the toilet bowl in Wash? How about Oprah? What about a heart surgeon?

Simple.

LeBron doesn't pay his "fair share" because of the Bush Era tax rates.

The rich pay their greatest share of the Federal income tax burden in our HISTORY - thanks to the Bush Era tax rates.

Have a clue.

Perhaps you can explain how the highlighted part is an attempt at division.

Sure. Voter fraud should not be tolerated, and our Attorney General attempting to characterize simple precautions to curtail abuse as 'Whitey is out to get you niggas again!' is wrong, pathetic and wildly divisive.

But for you it is good politics, which why Leftist filth such as yourself condone it.

I love how you we both agree that the truth divides us. I also like how you dont feel the need to turn any of those headlines into links. Your brand of hit and run posting is brilliant bullshit. How much do they pay you for that?

That is just a quick scan of headllines from USA Today.com and the Drudge Report.

Are you claiming these divisive Leftist attacks are false? I can find you dozens more if you would like.

Afterall, it is all you do.

"Class Envy"

Yeah, that's why JFK, FDR, and every other uber-wealthy candidate was not elected and instead, a nice, poor, middle class candidate was.

Get a new excuse because this one is just plain lame and everyone knows it.

Forum List

Back