The Politics of Envy

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
These days it seems to be all about class warfare, promoting envy against those who have more by those who have less. Let's take more from them and redistribute it to somebody else, and social justice is achieved. Supposedly. They don't deserve it, not that much, some didn't really earn it anyway. IT'S NOT FAIR. Who gets to decide what's fair? Just wonderin'.

Envy is a very destructive force, both for an individual and for society as a whole. Instead of thinking and doing whatever is necessary to get ahead, we're concerned with what someone else has, and taking it from him, her, or them. You tell me, where does it end? Some want to return the days when the marginal tax rate exceeded 90%, hell let's take it all! As though there are no repercussions, no consequences. Does the left not see that entrepeneurship and innovation are impaired when you cut the reward down to next to nothing? Who's going to risk their time, effort, and money? As we speak, more than a few wealthy frenchmen are moving their money out of France and leaving the country. As did the wealthy in Sweden 20 years ago when they substantially raised taxes, and everywhere else when the tax rate gets too high.

Beyond that, a message is sent when you engage in this kind of politics. We are turned against each other, and another reason is added to be resentful, even vengeful. Look at the violence of the OWSers, as we approach the conventions and a long hot summer of further discontent fueled by UE that remains stubbornly high particularly among the young, does anyone think it'll all blow over?

Are there any of you who really think that all our problems are solved by taking all or almost all the money earned by the rich? Most of 'em got rich by busting their humps, or by inventing something new and better, or by improving a product or service. Do you really think they continue to do so when you take away their incentive? Sounds a lot like communist Russia to me, how'd that work out?

When we worry about this we take our eyes off the real issue, which is trying to create more jobs and more opportunities for as many people as possible to get on the income ladder and start moving up. We need to be more effective at that, and stop obsessing about those who have already achieved success.

It wasn't "The Politics of Envy" before the Ayn Rand Conservatives started their major assault on the poor and middle class to repay the government for what Conservatives have squandered.

It wasn't "The Politics of Envy" before the Ayn Rand Conservatives started their major assault on the poor and middle class to repay the government for what Conservatives have squandered.

At least now you admit the Left is engaged in dividing America and pitting us one against another in every imaginable way.

Conservatives at least believe in equality - that greedy rich assholes and faggot Indians are supposed to be treated the same in the eyes of the government.

Another aspect of the politics of envy concerns people without money who worship those with money. Who think they must be correct because they already have what you want...

We have always had the "king worshippers" among us.

Yeah its crazy they now are just being told to hate industry/capitalism and look at them go! Democrats aren't Democratic they've become the intolerant crazy tyrants- period. To hell with them its the lowest (lol weirdest form? Yeah that fits better) form of stupidity I've ever seen. Spite yourself out of prosperity should be their slogan

Last edited:
“Now the company of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things which he possessed was his own, but they had everything in common... There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles feet; and distribution was made to each as any had need.” Acts 4:32-35.

At least now you admit the Left is engaged in dividing America and pitting us one against another in every imaginable way.

Conservatives at least believe in equality - that greedy rich assholes and faggot Indians are supposed to be treated the same in the eyes of the government.

The left believes that everyone should have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The far right thinks only the very rich should, and everyone else can go to hell.

Last edited:
An interesting item.
Capitalists are against capitalism.

A toen near me was negotiating with a Logans Road House to locate there.
Logans refused becuase they could only get a 5 year non competete clause from the city not a lifetime as they demanded.
Now the non compete clause says that the city would not let any competing steakhouse locate there....

So Logans wanted government controls in place against capitalism.
None of this was released to the liberal media either, but I have connections on the inside.
I used to like Logans.
And the sad thing is that Logans would have roared there. No steakhouse nearby people drive 40 miles to go to a steakhouse.

Another aspect of the politics of envy concerns people without money who worship those with money. Who think they must be correct because they already have what you want...

Worship? Utterly ridiculous. And depressing too, that you or anyone else would think that.

Baggers are idiots who worship rich people, especially the rich ones like Willard who stole their money from pension funds and destroyed lives in the process

It is why Baggers are such horrifically disgusting slime...

I've got no envy for the money that Tiger Woods has. No envy for Katy Perry.. Not even the Kardashians. No envy for cardiac surgeons. No envy for Bill Gates. Don't need to humble J.K. Rawlings. Don't need to steal from Drew Breese. I trust Oprah has a good heart. I believe even the evil Koch brothers have saved and enriched more lives than I've ever even known..

What the hell is with the class warriors????

Worship? Utterly ridiculous. And depressing too, that you or anyone else would think that.

It is very common, hero worship is one form of the basic human affliction i speak of.

the sect of Palintology was a very entertaining illustration of the affliction.

Last edited:

The left believes that everyone should have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The far right thinks only the very rich should, and everyone else can go to hell.

This is absolute and unadulterated bullshit. Too bad you think it, let alone say it. I guess the chasm between us really is too wide to bridge.

These days it seems to be all about class warfare, promoting envy against those who have more by those who have less. Let's take more from them and redistribute it to somebody else, and social justice is achieved.

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

Middle class conservatives (especially the LOWER middle class conservatives) suffer from false consciousness BIG time.

For some reason (which, quite frankly, eludes me) these conservatives think they're part of 'the club' of the chosen ones; they're torch-carriers for free-market capitalism in its ever purer form.

Yet, as the wealthy interests in this country increasingly change the system to benefit themselves first and foremost (that's human nature, darlin') while the trickle down economic benefits to the rest of us change from the trickle to mere drops of ever-decreasing frequency, these self same conservatives will find themselves on the outside looking in just like everybody else.

Lifestyles of the rich and famous?
The Kardashians? Paris Hilton?
What the heck is up with that anyway?
All they have going for them is money.

“Now the company of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things which he possessed was his own, but they had everything in common... There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles feet; and distribution was made to each as any had need.” Acts 4:32-35.

That failed, miserably.

It is very common, hero worship is one form of the basic human affliction i speak of.

the sect of Palintology was a very entertaining illustration of the affliction.

Palintology? As in worship? Complete and utter bullshit. And you are entertained? How very sad.

Forum List

Back