The NEW Texas Gun Laws.

Poor guy. I think he has a speech impediment. He managed to overcome it pretty well, though.

There is this flea hanging out on the beaches of florida. It is spring break, he's got a margarita in his hand just hanging out listening to the live music, having a great time. He looks over and see's this other flea, not looking so good. He's by himself, sipping on a beer, looking kinda sickly. He walks over and introduces himself and says, Hey, are you alright, you look kinda sick. The other flea replies...I cought a ride on a biker dude's mustache to get here and I think I cought something from him. The other flea says...Let me tell you the best way to travel...You get on an airplane, you get on the toilet seat, you wait for a good looking woman to come along. You jump up in there and hang on. It's nice and warm, smells really good, It's the best way to travel. The other flea thanks him and says...I'll have to try that and heads off into the crowd.
Well, It's next year and that same flea is on the beaches of florida, hanging out, got his margarita in his hand, listening to the music, having a great time. He looks over and see's that same flea, looking kinda sickly. He walks over and says...You sick again? I thought I told you the best way to travel...The other flea replies, I did it...I got on a plane, got on the toilet seat, this awesome looking woman came along. I jumped up in there and hung on. It was great, you were right. It was nice and warm, smelled really good in fact it was so good, I fell asleep. Next thing I know, I'm on some biker dude's mustache heading down the freeway.

:rofl: and the mark of progress in the 21st Century America is every nut can now carry concealed weapons. Imagine a future historian marking this momentous step forward in a future history book, 'In the year 2008AD Texas Governor Rick Perry signed during the last session of the Legislature, to allow gun owners without a permit to carry a concealed gun ...."

In terms of human progress, this ranks up there with the discovery of cures for cancer.....

Do you live in Texas?

Naw, I just can't really see any reason I'd need to carry a concealed weapon. If someone comes up to me with a gun and asks for my car, they can take it! If I have a gun, I'm not gettin my ass shot! That's just the case with cowards like me though. I'm sure your a real badass with a gun. :eusa_whistle:

As a matter of fact, I AM a real badass, with or without a gun.

Your little scenario doesn't have much to do with what I posted. I'm not going to risk my life over a car. What I'd advise you to do is a little research on how many people get shot out-of-hand for the car. You're gambling all he wants is the car. If you lose, it's bigtime.

I'll give up the keys, but be watching like a hawk at the same time cuz if he gets that look in his eyes or his finger moves he's either dying, or I'm going out trying.

Nope, it's rare for people to be shot during a mugging, unless they take out a gun. You can take out a gun if you'd like. Just be prepared to die. I'm pretty sure you ain't that fast... but at least you won't give away your wallet like a coward!

As I said, do some research. People are shot out-of-hand during carjacking's simply for slowing the carjackers down.

As I said, do some research. People are shot out-of-hand during carjacking's simply for slowing the carjackers down.

Gunny, if someone points a gun at me, I'm just gonna be scared as shit. Even if I had a gun on me I'd probably forget cause I'd be so scared shitless.

You know those posters "Uncle Sam wants YOU for the US Army"? Well, Uncle Sam doesn't want me.

Nope, it's rare for people to be shot during a mugging, unless they take out a gun. You can take out a gun if you'd like. Just be prepared to die. I'm pretty sure you ain't that fast... but at least you won't give away your wallet like a coward!
You know that the large majority -- 70% -- of violent crime isnt committed with a gun, right?

I guess that means we should ban guns. :clap2:
:eusa_hand:

I won't even bother asking how you came to that conclusion.

The point you missed was that, if you are ever mugged, you are unlikely to face a gun -- that is it is rare for people to be shot during a mugging, period, because the large majority of muggings dont involve an assailant with a gun.

This means, if -you- are carrying a gun, you are unlikely to face the situations you describe, where a gun is, supposedly, useless.

:eusa_hand:

I won't even bother asking how you came to that conclusion.

The point you missed was that, if you are ever mugged, you are unlikely to face a gun -- that is it is rare for people to be shot during a mugging, period, because the large majority of muggings dont involve an assailant with a gun.

This means, if -you- are carrying a gun, you are unlikely to face the situations you describe, where a gun is, supposedly, useless.

:redface:

:eusa_wall:

I'll just avoid getting mugged. I live in Mississippi, it doesn't happen often.

I'm not a big proponent of playing craps with whether or not my mugger has a gun.

Gimme a gun. It won't matter.

I'm not a big proponent of playing craps with whether or not my mugger has a gun.

Gimme a gun. It won't matter.

If he is not a threat to your life... then you have no right to use deadly force. If they don't have a gun, it's a pretty good deterrent. If they do have a gun, get your ass outta there. I don't care what you say on the forum, whenever someone comes at you with a gun your gonna be pissin your pants, just like me. I'm just honest about it.

I hear people talking all the time about "Man, if I were in that situation, here's what I'd do..."

Then they make themselves out to be a total badass.

Bullshit.

Forum List

Back