One More Reason The 'New Media' Serves A Purpose

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Links are at site and one must follow to see why it's important, (Hint, you don't have to be pro-second amendment to figure out other topics that you would NOT like this happening.)

http://www.saysuncle.com/archives/2008/01/12/down_the_memory_hole-4/

Down the memory hole
Posted by: SayUncle

That article I and others criticized by Bernd Debusmann for taking dictation from The Violence Policy Center seems to have disappeared. It has now re-appeared here with the caveat: Bernd Debusmann is a Reuters columnist. The opinions expressed are his own

Heh. First, it was news. Now it’s opinion. Funny that.

Via Free Constitution.

Not sure what the point you are trying to make is but if guns become undesirable as smoking has become, we can only mark that as great progress.

So far, only those that can't extrapolate are answering. What if the story was about fraudulent voting machines? Or that global warming was wrong? Or that Barak Obama was Muslim? Or that Hillary was a man?

So far, only those that can't extrapolate are answering. What if the story was about fraudulent voting machines? Or that global warming was wrong? Or that Barak Obama was Muslim? Or that Hillary was a man?

Extrapolate from what? That media is corporate owned and conservative? I say that all the time, what else.

Happy Birthday btw.

Extrapolate from what? That media is corporate owned and conservative? I say that all the time, what else.

Happy Birthday btw.
thanks for the bd wish. You didn't read that first post, did you?

K, I couldn't quite follow from the links what happened there. A Reuters writer posted something somewhere that tipped his anti-gun hand?

K, I couldn't quite follow from the links what happened there. A Reuters writer posted something somewhere that tipped his anti-gun hand?

It was written as a news piece problem was, the conclusions were not logical based upon facts. They moved it to op-ed and added the disclaimer insuring that it would be identified as 'editorial.' There were 'a lot' of complaints. ;)

Here's the opening bit:

http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersComService4/idUSL099229120080111

America's gun culture - fading slowly? Bernd Debusmann
Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:59am EST

Bernd Debusmann is a Reuters columnist. The opinions expressed are his own

By Bernd Debusmann

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Is America, land of shooting massacres in schools and public places, slowly falling out of love with guns?

The answer is yes, and it runs counter to popular perceptions of the United States as a country where most citizens are armed to the teeth and believe it is every American's inalienable right to buy an AK 47-style assault rifle with the minimum of bureaucratic paperwork.

But in fact, gun ownership in the United States has been declining steadily over more than three decades, relegating gun owners to minority status.

At the same time, support for stricter gun controls has been growing steadily and those in favor make up a majority...

Wow. That's one juicy specimen of MSM bias. I can just picture "Bernd Debusmann" sipping his cocktail and chortling with his gay, overeducated pals somewhere about the "rednecks" who went crazy about his article.

"Like, oh my God, you would not believe it! All these stupid American crazies complained! It just goes to show that I'm making a difference."

Whereupon, a toast will be proposed to liberal journalism, and Bernd Debusmann.

Forum List

Back