The NEW Texas Gun Laws.

As has been pointed out a gun is incapable of killing anyone under most circumstances. People kill people etc. What a gun does is provide the average person with a remarkable increase in lethality. I have never fired a gun, the only gun I have even held is and non functioning family heirloom rifle. If you hand me a pistol I am still far more dangerous than I was unarmed, and quite a bit more dangerous than I would be with a simple edged weapon.

So while guns don't kill people, the brutal efficency with which they alow those weilding them to kill people is frightening.

Yep, I think we should ban people instead of guns.

Actually, I would privatize the cops and require everyone over the age of 13 to be armed.

American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)
What year? Got a cite?
In 2004 it was 1385. Total, all causes.
http://webapp.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/broker.exe

People like midcan live their lives thinking the police will protect them when a little observation wouold show that without pure dumb luck, the police just pick up the pieces and comfort your grieving family with a teddy bear.

I REFUSE to be a victim if I have ANY say at all in the matter.

COme on down here and live, midcan. We'll cover your ass since you seem so unwilling. The strong have been carrying weak sisters like you since the birth of mankind.

Hey Admin fix the reps. I could not rep. It is my right to rep !!!! The trilats said I could rep.

In case y'all non-Texans didn't understand the Gunny;

The police exist to serve and protect society at large. They are not your or my bodyguards. The person responsible for protecting you and your family is ...

wait for it....

you and your family.

The best gun control is sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger control.

People like midcan live their lives thinking the police will protect them when a little observation wouold show that without pure dumb luck, the police just pick up the pieces and comfort your grieving family with a teddy bear.

I REFUSE to be a victim if I have ANY say at all in the matter.

COme on down here and live, midcan. We'll cover your ass since you seem so unwilling. The strong have been carrying weak sisters like you since the birth of mankind.

Naw, I just can't really see any reason I'd need to carry a concealed weapon. If someone comes up to me with a gun and asks for my car, they can take it! If I have a gun, I'm not gettin my ass shot! That's just the case with cowards like me though. I'm sure your a real badass with a gun. :eusa_whistle:

The stuff about Texas is funny. In Oregon, if you carry a weapon in your vehicle, it MUST be out in the open. Otherwise it's a concealed weapon. So you have to have your rifles in the window and your handguns on the dash.

Idiotic.

And you're absolutely right...the nuts already have guns. Now the law abiding citizens will be just as well armed in some places. Which ALWAYS results in lower crime. Save the hysterics for your mama...facts are facts.

Naw, I just can't really see any reason I'd need to carry a concealed weapon. If someone comes up to me with a gun and asks for my car, they can take it! If I have a gun, I'm not gettin my ass shot! That's just the case with cowards like me though. I'm sure your a real badass with a gun. :eusa_whistle:

Unfortunately, they often shoot you anyway. At least with a gun, you have a chance to defend yourself, if somebody grabs the door of your car.

And you are a coward. Not because you'd hand over your car, but because for some reason you're afraid to allow law abiding people who aren't afraid of guns the privilege of carrying them.

Unfortunately, they often shoot you anyway. At least with a gun, you have a chance to defend yourself, if somebody grabs the door of your car.

And you are a coward. Not because you'd hand over your car, but because for some reason you're afraid to allow law abiding people who aren't afraid of guns the privilege of carrying them.

Nope, it's rare for people to be shot during a mugging, unless they take out a gun. You can take out a gun if you'd like. Just be prepared to die. I'm pretty sure you ain't that fast... but at least you won't give away your wallet like a coward!

You know, there are stats which prove that people who attempt to defend themselves with guns are generally successful.

And while it might be "rare" to be shot in a mugging, if I happen to be the victim of a mugging, I am fairly certain I wouldn't be shot if I have a gun. See how many instances you can find of the tried, true, and completely inaccurate myth of people being shot with their own defense weapons.

You know, there are stats which prove that people who attempt to defend themselves with guns are generally successful.

And while it might be "rare" to be shot in a mugging, if I happen to be the victim of a mugging, I am fairly certain I wouldn't be shot if I have a gun. See how many instances you can find of the tried, true, and completely inaccurate myth of people being shot with their own defense weapons.

:eusa_doh:

Could I see those stats? I'm not coming out against concealed carrying permits. I just shouldn't be trusted with a gun, is what I'm saying. :eusa_whistle:

I think you confused me for a second. I really AM a coward. :sad:

Look on the NRA site. And please don't disregard it because it's NRA. If you look at their site, their information comes from outside sources...

But that's the quickest way to find links to studies, articles and stats on it. They have their own bias, but the site is really pretty extraordinary, informationally speaking. (Can one speak informationally?)

Look on the NRA site. And please don't disregard it because it's NRA. If you look at their site, their information comes from outside sources...

But that's the quickest way to find links to studies, articles and stats on it. They have their own bias, but the site is really pretty extraordinary, informationally speaking. (Can one speak informationally?)

Informationally isn't a word. ;)

But we can make it one if we use it a lot.

:eusa_doh:

Could I see those stats? I'm not coming out against concealed carrying permits. I just shouldn't be trusted with a gun, is what I'm saying. :eusa_whistle:

I think you confused me for a second. I really AM a coward. :sad:

Watermark...I applaud your honesty. That is truely a rare commodity these days.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Informationally isn't a word. ;)

But we can make it one if we use it a lot.

O-K but we have to use UNBETRIEVABLE too. walking across the golden gate bridge, you reach into your pocket for a lighter and snag your keys and they fall over the side...You can't believe you can't get them back.

And he's not a hysterical retard, which definitely distinguishes him from some others.

O-K but we have to use UNBETRIEVABLE too. walking across the golden gate bridge, you reach into your pocket for a lighter and snag your keys and they fall over the side...You can't believe you can't get them back.

I think Bush's legacy will be the one book that will be in his library. It will be entitled "Words I have created: How to cover up looking like a ijit all my life"...

Forum List

Back