The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect

I will get some flack for pointing this out but the real Reason is that the name "Jesus" is named for a CURSE and not a BLESSING...After all any that are HUNG on A TREE are Accursed... Isaiah 65;15 And Ye Shall Leave YOUR NAME for a CURSE unto my chosen: For the Lord Gd shall SLAY THEE, and call his SERVENTS by another name...This is not to say that the name Muhummad is any better but this is just sticking to the topic....Let the Name calling begin....lol...

interesting non-sequitor------tenuously related to the topic. Long
ago I stumbled into a quotation of a "RABBI ISHMAEL" I was
curious I had never heard of a jewish kid named Ishmael (in my
neighborhood) -----Turns out that this "rabbi Ishmael"-----was a Talmudist
who was born BEFORE muhummad----the guy who claimed Ishmael,
the son of Abraham as HIS ANCESTOR. ----he lived in KABUL (no less)
Names is a funny topic-----some just FALL OUT OF USE

The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Many cultures pass on names of those they wish to show respect to. The Muslim community pass on the name Mohamad more than Christians do with the name of Jesus. This name respect is lacking in the Christian cultures.

I think it is due to the fact that none in the Abrahamic cults can justify Yahweh/Jesus’ genocide of mankind.

Yahweh’s son Jesus has not been deemed worthy of respect for moral reasons. Christians recognize the imperfections and agree with the ostracising of the name Jesus. Hence their not passing on the name and showing disrespect. Jesus is as unworthy to literal reading people in the myriad of Christian cults, as is Yahweh.

Are the myriad of Christian and Catholic cults showing a lack of respect for the name of Jesus as compared to the respect Muslims show the name Mohammad?

Regards

DL
Because we aren't muslims?
And Mohammad was a prophet. A sinful man.
Christ was God.

So naming our children "Jesus" is like muslims naming their children "Allah". It doesn't happen.

To Christians, Yahweh is the Godhead, not Jesus, and as to Jesus being God,

Really having you lecture Christians on who Jesus is, is like when the Christian bigots want to lecture Muslims about what Islam really is.

You are an ignorant bigot.

Just as bad as the Christian bigots who rail against Islam.

You seem to respect religions that do not deserve respect.

Tell us why; considering that both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds and continue with their immoral ways in spite of secular law showing them the moral ways.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I. Jesus would call Christianity and Islam abominations.

Gnostic Christians did in the past, and I am proudly continuing that tradition and honest irrefutable evaluation based on morality.

Regards
DL

I will get some flack for pointing this out but the real Reason is that the name "Jesus" is named for a CURSE and not a BLESSING...After all any that are HUNG on A TREE are Accursed... Isaiah 65;15 And Ye Shall Leave YOUR NAME for a CURSE unto my chosen: For the Lord Gd shall SLAY THEE, and call his SERVENTS by another name...This is not to say that the name Muhummad is any better but this is just sticking to the topic....Let the Name calling begin....lol...

God has servants? How so?

To most Christians Jesus is God and he said he came to serve man, not to be served, and scriptures say that God does not change and we should not try to change God from servant to man to master of man.

Man is above God. As it should be. After all, we created them all.

Regards
DL

Jesus is a common name throughout Mexico, South America and Spain.

The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Many cultures pass on names of those they wish to show respect to. The Muslim community pass on the name Mohamad more than Christians do with the name of Jesus. This name respect is lacking in the Christian cultures.

I think it is due to the fact that none in the Abrahamic cults can justify Yahweh/Jesus’ genocide of mankind.

Yahweh’s son Jesus has not been deemed worthy of respect for moral reasons. Christians recognize the imperfections and agree with the ostracising of the name Jesus. Hence their not passing on the name and showing disrespect. Jesus is as unworthy to literal reading people in the myriad of Christian cults, as is Yahweh.

Are the myriad of Christian and Catholic cults showing a lack of respect for the name of Jesus as compared to the respect Muslims show the name Mohammad?

Regards

DL

If you walk into a prison and insult an inmate, they will kill you, so you don't say anything.

If you come to these boards and insult a poster, you walk away smiling with no fear cuz you know they won't come after you.

It's just that simple.

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

So naming our children "Jesus" is like muslims naming their children "Allah". It doesn't happen.

To Christians, Yahweh is the Godhead, not Jesus, and as to Jesus being God, you would have to see God as being able to die and that is not allowed for an eternal being who cannot die.

Jesus is also shown in scriptures to be sinful.

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Regards
DL
Uh, no. I am a Christian, I know what "Christians" believe. And no, the bible does not show Christ being sinful. The bible shows that he was punished for our sin, despite his own lack of sin.

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

To Christians, Yahweh is the Godhead, not Jesus, and as to Jesus being God, you would have to see God as being able to die and that is not allowed for an eternal being who cannot die.

Regards
DL
Uh, no. I am a Christian, I know what "Christians" believe. And no, the bible does not show Christ being sinful. The bible shows that he was punished for our sin, despite his own lack of sin.

I read the bible-----it reveals that Jesus was crucified on a charge of sedition against Rome. Based
on what I understand about Christian theology-----it seems odd to say "Jesus was punished"---in fact,
really weird

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

Really having you lecture Christians on who Jesus is, is like when the Christian bigots want to lecture Muslims about what Islam really is.

Frankly I don't believe any of your fairy tales.

But I do believe in the principles of religious freedom and tolerance- and even though I find some of the concepts of your religion objectionable- I am not going to attack all Muslims because of that.

And I feel the same way about virtually every religion I know of.

You are just another religious bigot- no different than the anti-semites that attack Jews, or the bigots who attack all Muslims.

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

But I do believe in the principles of religious freedom and tolerance- and even though I find some of the concepts of your religion objectionable- I am not going to attack all Muslims because of that.

You are just another religious bigot- no different than the anti-semites that attack Jews, or the bigots who attack all Muslims.

If you find something in all religion objectionable why would you not openly take a stand against whatever it is?

Do you hold no value for truth? Where is your belief in justice for those whose minds and lives are screwed up by what you find objectionable about religion not to mention the consequent damage done to society itself?

Do you think that publicly tolerating in others what is privately objectionable to your own mind makes you somehow more progressive than those who are open and honest about it?

I think that makes you a coward, a secret bigot, a three dollar bill.

Jesus is a common name throughout Mexico, South America and Spain.

Indeed. Spanish speakers seem to show the kind of respect Muslims do but they are nearly the only ones.

Why the rest of almost all Christianity does not has yet to be determined if not for the reason I put in the O.P.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL

If you walk into a prison and insult an inmate, they will kill you, so you don't say anything.

If you come to these boards and insult a poster, you walk away smiling with no fear cuz you know they won't come after you.

It's just that simple.

Irrelevant. Thanks.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

Regards
DL

Then I guess you have to see Jesus going against these three quotes. Right?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Rather un-kosher of you to ignore the moral part of the bible so as to be able to ride your scapegoat Jesus into heaven with your satanic substitutionary atonement lie.

Ask the money changers if whipping them and destroying their business's if that violence was a sin or not.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

Yet you could not refute anything just as all you hypocritical dicks with a poor moral sense can't.

Name callers are as bright as bricks.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

Regards
DL

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Rather un-kosher of you to ignore the moral part of the bible so as to be able to ride your scapegoat Jesus into heaven with your satanic substitutionary atonement lie.

Ask the money changers if whipping them and destroying their business's if that violence was a sin or not.

Regards
DL
Their perspective of the Money changers incident is tainted by not
knowing what they were.
The Christians are purposely not told that the Money changers were normal and ok to be on the set aside areas of the Temple mount in order to service the huge inflows of people coming into the city to the Temple on high holidays. This would be liken to your stadium servicing crowds outside it's entrance with food, soft drinks, programs etc.
Most likely the overturned tables story comes from the infamous ransacking in Josephus writings, whereby it was Yehuda the Galionite the thief and murderer ransacked the Temple mount tables, he was confused with Yehuda the Galilean tax revolting christ figure in the time of King Herod, thus the account of Jesus Bar Abba and Jesus Barabbas probably also stems from borrowing the Galilean and Galionite accts to form the combined image and new named idol called Jesus.

Galatians 3:13 "Christ... being made a curse upon us... Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree" also read Deuteronomy 21:22
The Swine (IeSous=Jesus) is forbidden in both Islam and Judaism.

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
knowing what they were.
The Christians are purposely not told that the Money changers were normal and ok to be on the set aside areas of the Temple mount in order to service the huge inflows of people coming into the city to the Temple on high holidays. This would be liken to your stadium servicing crowds outside it's entrance with food, soft drinks, programs etc.
Most likely the overturned tables story comes from the infamous ransacking in Josephus writings, whereby it was Yehuda the Galionite the thief and murderer ransacked the Temple mount tables, he was confused with Yehuda the Galilean tax revolting christ figure in the time of King Herod, thus the account of Jesus Bar Abba and Jesus Barabbas probably also stems from borrowing the Galilean and Galionite accts to form the combined image and new named idol called Jesus.

Thanks for this.

I don't trust much of anything Josephus wrote as he was a traitor to Jewry for joining the Romans.

Some scholars have shown many similarities between his, the War of the Jews and scriptures and to me that type of deep plagiarism discredits Josephus.

I looked for something short on that but only sound this longer piece.

Regards
DL

Christ was God.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
knowing what they were.

Thanks for this.

I don't trust much of anything Josephus wrote as he was a traitor to Jewry for joining the Romans.

Some scholars have shown many similarities between his, the War of the Jews and scriptures and to me that type of deep plagiarism discredits Josephus.

Regards
DL

The reason for anyone thinking Josephus is liken to scripture is like how people say that about the Scrolls, it's done through tainted narrative when Christians try and plant what they want to see in Josephus or the Dead Sea Scrolls, they use narratives that is in their precepts not what Josephus actually wrote.
The same way they place Jesus into OT through nudging words tenses and context as what they want it to say or be about & not what it actually says or is accurate commentary.
In fact earlier versions of Josephus are different then later versions suggesting Eusebius the great liar forger added out of place the Jesus story to Josephus which isn't found before the Constantine-
Eusebius' era.
Also being the NT is a collection of plagiarisms and compiled accts out of the OT stories and cultures legends and mythologies, then Josephus would be plagiarized too. It is said Apollonias (Pol)
of Tyana from Tarsus is the author of 3/4 the works as the character Paul. Pol's accounts is actually where the Paul escaping out the window to Syria story came from.
It's Apollonias that had an extensive cultural library of faiths, mystery religions, and history from many cultures just as Constantine did.
A compilation in that essence is easy to see forming out of such a library.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
knowing what they were.

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL

The reason for anyone thinking Josephus is liken to scripture is like how people say that about the Scrolls, it's done through tainted narrative when Christians try and plant what they want to see in Josephus or the Dead Sea Scrolls, they use narratives that is in their precepts not what Josephus actually wrote.
The same way they place Jesus into OT through nudging words tenses and context as what they want it to say or be about & not what it actually says or is accurate commentary.
In fact earlier versions of Josephus are different then later versions suggesting Eusebius the great liar forger added out of place the Jesus story to Josephus which isn't found before the Constantine-
Eusebius' era.
Also being the NT is a collection of plagiarisms and compiled accts out of the OT stories and cultures legends and mythologies, then Josephus would be plagiarized too. It is said Apollonias (Pol)
of Tyana from Tarsus is the author of 3/4 the works as the character Paul. Pol's accounts is actually where the Paul escaping out the window to Syria story came from.
It's Apollonias that had an extensive cultural library of faiths, mystery religions, and history from many cultures just as Constantine did.
A compilation in that essence is easy to see forming out of such a library.

I am not a literal reader for the reasons you state on the accuracy of the text. Between plagiarism, lies, forgeries etc., A guy would have to be a rather big fool to put his money on the accuracy of anything in scriptures.

The talking serpent and donkey are a hell of a good indicator that all of the bible is myth based and cannot be trusted for accuracy.

This is not new of course as shown by this information from Rabbi Hillel.

Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about literal reading.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Regards
DL

Galatians 3:13 "Christ... being made a curse upon us... Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree" also read Deuteronomy 21:22
The Swine (IeSous=Jesus) is forbidden in both Islam and Judaism.
Cursed is everyone HANGING on a tree could also have the deeper meaning that I pointed out on another thread as his followers are the only ones( except for minor others) who hang items on a tree commemorating his supposed birth...It is really quite interesting if one looks at it from this angle to say the least....

Regards

DL

Muhammad is the god of the Muzzie Beasts. Any pretense that there is a god other than Muhammad for the Muslims is absurd.

Islam is a primitive and violent religion, with superstitious beliefs that adopting the name of a vicious warlord like Muhammad will imbue their sons with the merciless bloodlust that the god of Islam had.

Christians are far more civilized.

Forum List

Back