The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect

The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Many cultures pass on names of those they wish to show respect to. The Muslim community pass on the name Mohamad more than Christians do with the name of Jesus. This name respect is lacking in the Christian cultures.

I think it is due to the fact that none in the Abrahamic cults can justify Yahweh/Jesus’ genocide of mankind.

Yahweh’s son Jesus has not been deemed worthy of respect for moral reasons. Christians recognize the imperfections and agree with the ostracising of the name Jesus. Hence their not passing on the name and showing disrespect. Jesus is as unworthy to literal reading people in the myriad of Christian cults, as is Yahweh.

Are the myriad of Christian and Catholic cults showing a lack of respect for the name of Jesus as compared to the respect Muslims show the name Mohammad?

Regards

DL
Stupid thread.
Ignorant thread

Jesus is a pretty common name actually

Most Christians in this country only follow the old testament, so it's not too surprising that Jesus is a rare name
Yeah, and I agree that there should be an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. If you go out of your way to MURDER another human being, then you also should lose your life. Too many bleeding heart liberals want the killers to go to jail for life, so then the rest of the killers life, he is trying to escape and kill again.
^ perfect example
So you do agree that you liberals want murderers to escape and kill more people? Perfect example of liberals and why they hate Christians.
No that's actually among the stupidest comments I've ever read.
It is the Rules for Radicals #13 used back at you liberals, it is to put you on the defensive with an argument that you must defend. Just like the statement below as a liberal using the Rules against Christians. Don't like it, then stop using the fucking Rules.
Most Christians in this country only follow the old testament.

The name Mohammad is given to sons to show respect. Why is the name Jesus not given the same respect?

Many cultures pass on names of those they wish to show respect to. The Muslim community pass on the name Mohamad more than Christians do with the name of Jesus. This name respect is lacking in the Christian cultures.

I think it is due to the fact that none in the Abrahamic cults can justify Yahweh/Jesus’ genocide of mankind.

Yahweh’s son Jesus has not been deemed worthy of respect for moral reasons. Christians recognize the imperfections and agree with the ostracising of the name Jesus. Hence their not passing on the name and showing disrespect. Jesus is as unworthy to literal reading people in the myriad of Christian cults, as is Yahweh.

Are the myriad of Christian and Catholic cults showing a lack of respect for the name of Jesus as compared to the respect Muslims show the name Mohammad?

Regards

DL
Stupid thread.
Ignorant thread

Only in South America and Mexico, yet Christianity is all over the map.

What is stupid and ignorant is Christians showing disrespect for Jesus while Muslims honor Mohammad.

Regards
DL

Just a difference in culture.

I agree. Also, there is the passage in Philippians where it is said God gave Jesus the name above every other name. Micah notes we should walk humbly with God, not equate oneself with God.

Just a difference in culture.

I agree. Also, there is the passage in Philippians where it is said God gave Jesus the name above every other name. Micah notes we should walk humbly with God, not equate oneself with God.

You have not read these verses lately.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Why would you humble yourself to your servant?

You do recall that Jesus said he came to serve. Right?

God never changes his mind according to scriptures as his decisions are always perfect.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL
Stupid thread.
Ignorant thread

What is stupid and ignorant is Christians showing disrespect for Jesus while Muslims honor Mohammad.

Regards
DL

Oh my ignorant little religious bigot.

You are as much of an ass as those who try to attack Islam.

Jesus is a pretty common name throughout the Catholic world.

Why is Jesus used by Christians less than Mohammed by Muslims?

Maybe Christians just have more imagination than to just name their kid the same thing as half the other kids on the street.

Really who gives a damn?

Regards

DL
Stupid thread.
Ignorant thread

Regards
DL

Oh my ignorant little religious bigot.

You are as much of an ass as those who try to attack Islam.

Jesus is a pretty common name throughout the Catholic world.

Why is Jesus used by Christians less than Mohammed by Muslims?

Maybe Christians just have more imagination than to just name their kid the same thing as half the other kids on the street.

Really who gives a damn?

Jesus would if he were real.

Regards
DL

Regards

DL
Because we aren't muslims?
And Mohammad was a prophet. A sinful man.
Christ was God.

So naming our children "Jesus" is like muslims naming their children "Allah". It doesn't happen.

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

So naming our children "Jesus" is like muslims naming their children "Allah". It doesn't happen.

To Christians, Yahweh is the Godhead, not Jesus, and as to Jesus being God, you would have to see God as being able to die and that is not allowed for an eternal being who cannot die.

Jesus is also shown in scriptures to be sinful.

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Regards
DL

Most Christians in this country only follow the old testament,
Incorrect Poindexter .... :cuckoo:
Not in my experience

the actual NAMES of the new testament players-----unless they are greeks or romans---
are old testament names-----including "jesus" which is nothing more than a greek
form of YESHUA which is nothing more than an Aramaic form of Yehoshua---or
JOSHUA -----sheeeesh Albert is not from the bible---nor is WILBUR

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

Except of course for the millions of Christians who do name their son's Jesus.

Wait- it does happen!

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

To Christians, Yahweh is the Godhead, not Jesus, and as to Jesus being God,

Really having you lecture Christians on who Jesus is, is like when the Christian bigots want to lecture Muslims about what Islam really is.

You are an ignorant bigot.

Just as bad as the Christian bigots who rail against Islam.

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

I do not like the name "Mohammad" In the US women name their children
names that SOUND NICE ------Southern Christians seem to favor naming their
sons after their husbands. I once knew a Texan with FOUR BROTHERS-----all
five were named JOHN------on the other hand----I knew a muslim ---all his brothers
were named muhummad----BUT they were also given names related to some numbers
that had something to do with their birth order----like nicknames. Getting back to
southern Christians-----they often name their daughters after their husbands-----
a daughter of JAMES----gets to be JAMIE<<<kinda cute

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

Really having you lecture Christians on who Jesus is, is like when the Christian bigots want to lecture Muslims about what Islam really is.

what is wrong with railing against Islam ?? I can assure you----
muslims RAIL against Christianity (among other creeds). I support
RAIL equity. The comments muslims make about Hinduism are not
appropriate for CYBERSPACE TRANSMISSION

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

what is wrong with railing against Islam ?? I can assure you----
muslims RAIL against Christianity (among other creeds). I support
RAIL equity. The comments muslims make about Hinduism are not
appropriate for CYBERSPACE TRANSMISSION

the same thing that is wrong with railing against Christianity.

Note I was telling him that what he is doing- the religious bigotry he is promoting- is just as wrong as when some Christian bigots attack Islam.

If you are okay with religious bigotry then you will just ignore what i am saying.

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

five were named JOHN------on the other hand----I knew a muslim ---all his brothers
that had something to do with their birth order----like nicknames. Getting back to
southern Christians-----they often name their daughters after their husbands-----

My Italian language teacher was telling me in some rural parts of Italy it was common to name your son's by birth order- i.e. Primo, Tercio, etc.

I will get some flack for pointing this out but the real Reason is that the name "Jesus" is named for a CURSE and not a BLESSING...After all any that are HUNG on A TREE are Accursed... Isaiah 65;15 And Ye Shall Leave YOUR NAME for a CURSE unto my chosen: For the Lord Gd shall SLAY THEE, and call his SERVENTS by another name...This is not to say that the name Muhummad is any better but this is just sticking to the topic....Let the Name calling begin....lol...

Regards

DL
Christ was God.

My Italian language teacher was telling me in some rural parts of Italy it was common to name your son's by birth order- i.e. Primo, Tercio, etc.

gee-----I have heard the name "PRIMO" but I never heard SECUNDO
(spelling

Forum List

Back