The Misinformed Among Us Are Obama's Only Hope

No one blames him for the crash Clayton and you know it. Your posts are shallow and unworthy of serious discussion. Obama OWNS the recovery or lack there of. He had 2 years without the gop to hinder his efforts to help a recovery.

Do you see a recovery?

That is not accurate. Either you know this and are lying or you don't know this and you are stupid.

It's extremely accurate.

Most of us are tired of showing folks like you the facts you refuse to heed.

You are claiming that Obama had 2 years in office with no hindrance from the GOP. You are tired of showing folks like me the facts?

You do not have facts to support that claim. You are trying to avoid having to present those facts by claiming that you are tired of showing them. You ain't got shit. And....I ain't gonna let you forget it.

And the premise of the OP is idiocy, given the reality of American presidential politics, as if the voters have a say whom to vote for.

Once again it’s ‘hold your nose and vote.’

A vote for Obama isn’t any more or less ‘misinformed’ than a vote for Romney/Perry/Cain.

All the choices are rotten, and equally ‘misinformed.’

But that’s not the problem…

The problem is the aberration of the Imperial Presidency, the fact that we’ve rejected the original intent of the Framers for the Executive Branch, that whomever is president is relatively unimportant, as it was to be Congress to govern the Nation subject to the rule of law – the Constitution and its case law.

Sadly, the bane of the Imperial Presidency was likely inevitable, given human nature, America’s standing after the Second World War, and the challenges brought by the Cold War – but none of that mitigates the problem the Imperial Presidency has become nor our responsibility to address it.

Of course a vote for Obama is misinformed. How could anyone vote for a president with such a terrible record? Even people on the left are terribly disappointed he didnt do more to complete their agenda. He never pushed for single payer or card check or cap n trade or other liberal issues.
So people voting for him accept the fallacy that none of this is really his fault and he is still an outsider. That is wrong.

As for the "imperial presidency", we have pretty much what the Framers had in mind. They wanted a chief executive because rule by committee didnt work too well.

Misinformed? You have a Perry for President avatar.

Irony is lost on the ironic.:lol:

And the premise of the OP is idiocy, given the reality of American presidential politics, as if the voters have a say whom to vote for.

A vote for Obama isn’t any more or less ‘misinformed’ than a vote for Romney/Perry/Cain.

The problem is the aberration of the Imperial Presidency, the fact that we’ve rejected the original intent of the Framers for the Executive Branch, that whomever is president is relatively unimportant, as it was to be Congress to govern the Nation subject to the rule of law – the Constitution and its case law.

Sadly, the bane of the Imperial Presidency was likely inevitable, given human nature, America’s standing after the Second World War, and the challenges brought by the Cold War – but none of that mitigates the problem the Imperial Presidency has become nor our responsibility to address it.

Of course a vote for Obama is misinformed. How could anyone vote for a president with such a terrible record? Even people on the left are terribly disappointed he didnt do more to complete their agenda. He never pushed for single payer or card check or cap n trade or other liberal issues.
So people voting for him accept the fallacy that none of this is really his fault and he is still an outsider. That is wrong.

As for the "imperial presidency", we have pretty much what the Framers had in mind. They wanted a chief executive because rule by committee didnt work too well.

What? Are you claiming that the man is a moderate? How odd.

Misinformed? You have a Perry for President avatar.

Irony is lost on the ironic.:lol:

I think your post proves the OP's contention. QED.

That is not accurate. Either you know this and are lying or you don't know this and you are stupid.

It's extremely accurate.

Most of us are tired of showing folks like you the facts you refuse to heed.

You are claiming that Obama had 2 years in office with no hindrance from the GOP. You are tired of showing folks like me the facts?

You do not have facts to support that claim. You are trying to avoid having to present those facts by claiming that you are tired of showing them. You ain't got shit. And....I ain't gonna let you forget it.

That's nice. Course you're a liar and all of that tough talk isn't gonna change that. :eusa_liar:

Fact is...the Dems had full control of Congress for 4 solid years and Obama had them for 2 of that.

Obama got everything he wanted by hook or by crook and now he's trying to blame the minority that did everything in their power to stop him, which wasn't much. If Harry Reid couldn't get it with a super-majority he did it with reconciliation. If he couldn't get 50 Democrat votes he got a couple of North Eastern liberal Republicans to vote with him. The same two did the damage. Obama used backroom deals and bribes to get what he wanted. Yet he never took the time to pass a jobs bill. He never took the time to pass a budget. Because of this the Department of Defense can't buy fucken toilet-paper. It reminds me of the Carter years.

All of the things that seem to be important today he let it slide, just so he could get his health care, his banking regulation reforms, and his Stimulus. When he should have been working he was on vacation....or playing golf.

I'm gonna keep reminding you of this and I don't care if it harelips every ignorant asshole just like you on this site.

Obama will win reelection in a landslide. This thread is just the right wing conservative's way of dealing with the doubt creeping into their thought process. It's like the beginning of the five stages of grief. They've past denial and now are working their way into anger of the inevitable, the reelection of President Obama.

The primary fear we have is that enough dumb-asses believe shit like "They want to hang us in the town square.....they love dirty air and dirty water......they love murder and rape"....and all of the outright trash that the Democrats are spewing all over the place.

I usually scroll past mudwhistle's posts, since normally he uses up a lot of band width to say nothing of substance, but just for grins and to illustrate something I'm going to analyze the OP. Just this once. I'll divide it, without cutting anything out, into the following categories of statement:

1) Empty rhetoric without cognitive content;
2) Statements made without any supporting evidence or reasoning;
3) Non-sequiturs, that is, statements supported by reasoning that actually supports something totally different; and
4) Substantive material worthy of a response.

I'll actually provide responses to anything in the fourth category, should there be any such. Let's see how he comes out.

Start a discussion at work about the Occupy Wall Street crowd and see how many different opinions you get explaining who is really responsible for our lagging economy.

I sometimes start asking people at work what they think is the cause of the bad economy and very few really know.

This is category 2: An assertion without any evidence or reasoning to back it up.

Blacks almost always say Obama is heading us in the right direct. Things were bad before and they feel confident that he can do something if those Republicans would just get out of his way. The Democrats in the Senate have disappeared, and now, according to them, only the Republicans run our government.

This is category 1: empty rhetoric, devoid of cognitive content (unless he's making a racist observation, which I doubt).

They only want to boot him out of office. They don't care about the country. All of the evils that Democrats were guilty of during the last years of the Bush Administration has been assigned to the GOP. Many of them when you mention the Tea Party think they're terrorists and racists. They forget that the Tea Party just wants us to quit spending. Any criticism of Obama causes them to shut down and stop responding.

This also falls into the first category. Muddy really isn't saying anything of substance here at all. There's just nothing to respond to.

Blacks aren't alone. Other ethnic groups are just as lost on the issues. A Senior Citizen told me that Obama tried to stop the Republicans from passing the Stimulus. She claimed that Bush signed it into law, forgetting that not only did Obama sign it but no Republican voted for the thing.

Here we have something in the third category: a non-sequitur. In support of the claim that "other ethnic groups" are lost on the issues, we are presented with an anecdotal story of a single senior citizen, which may or may not be true as to the facts -- that is, Muddy may be making this up or may actually have talked to one old geezer who said something like this -- but is proof of nothing either way.

Most of them have forgotten that the reason we can't buy toilet paper at DPW is because Obama hasn't passed a budget since he's been in office.

I had to look up DPW. The only thing I found was "Department of Public Welfare," which is almost certainly a state government agency. As Obama is not in charge of passing even FEDERAL budgets, let alone state ones, this is another non-sequitur.

It can sometimes get frustrating dealing with folks that aren't engaged. They only halfway pay attention to the news which means they're usually so wrong you wonder where they've been. I would have to say that most people here on this site are much more informed then anyone at work that I talk to.

Here, amazingly enough, we have something in the 4th category, a genuinely substantive statement. Not exactly a profound observation, to be sure, and he goes nowhere with it, but nonetheless it moves. Remarkable. :tongue:

In my opinion Obama's greatest asset is misinformation. He confuses the issues thus he confuses the public. He wants to act like he's the solution rather than problem. He's beginning to promise the world again like he did before he was elected and hopes we fall for it yet again. That's his only hope....because if the unvarnished truth was given to the voters Obama wouldn't have a chance of an ice-cube in Hell of getting re-elected.

More in category 1: empty rhetoric, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

The media has a major role in all of this. The other day a caller told Rush Limbaugh during his radio talk-show that he witnessed the burning of the Air Force ROTC building at Kent State University on May 5th, 1970. He claimed the media covering the event gave advice to the arsonists that set the building ablaze. The protestors found it difficult to get a wooden annex to keep burning. Eventually the camera crew that was covering the event started giving advice on how to get it to light and stay lit. After 4 attempts they were finally successful, thus a better story that served the media's interests rather then the public-interests was invented.

And here we have another in category 3, the non-sequitur.

There are numerous reports of the media actually participating in OWS protests and acting in conjunction with them to present a better image to the public.

This is in category 2: an assertion of fact without evidence or reasoning to back it up.

The blame for most of the misinformation out there is a biased press, but much of it can be contributed to the complex nature of issues. I think most of it is the habit of much of the public to take things for granted without fact-checking. It doesn't help much that you really have to dig deep to find the truth. Not all of the press is left-leaning, but most are. Over 70% of them voted for Obama. Unless you work for Fox News you have to keep your own personal politics to yourself unless you're a liberal. You could find yourself out of a job.

And here is another non-sequitur.

Most of the confusion is understandably the fault of the media, but much of it rests with the apathy most Americans inherently carry with them. Life has been good for most of us. Living during a time of decent economies and excellent job growth for the last 20-25 years has spoiled us. Now we have serious problems and it's clear that Obama isn't going to do what needs to be done and the GOP can't make him do it. He has nothing new to offer other than slogans and bumper-sticker ideas.....the exact same thing his campaign is accusing Herman Cain of.

I would say your posts doesn't offer any more of substance than either the Cain or Obama campaign, either, Muddy. Here's more empty rhetoric, devoid of cognitive content.

Obama's latest catch-phrase is "We Can't Wait For Congress To Act, So I'm Gonna Act On My Own". He is attempting to make it look like he's the only hope we have, but it's clear to anyone who's been paying attention he is partly if not greatly responsible for the poor economy. Problem is most of us aren't paying attention.

The only thing I can take away from all this is a reading of Mudwhistle's mood, since there really isn't anything in this post that's of substance about anything else. I'd say he's preparing himself for another lost election. He's crafting explanations in his own mind to offer up later as to why the Republicans lost.

There's perhaps reason to do this, but someone who is better at reasoning and organizing evidence, and doesn't just proceed by stringing words together so they sound nice, might do a better job.

Last edited:
The truth is a bitch ain't it???

Sure got your panties in a bunch....didn't it???

Oh, btw, try to shorten your responses cuz that is just too much crap to respond to.

DPW stands for Department of Public Works retard.

Last edited:
Pew is a liberal site chaired by Madeleine Albright. Does that name ring a bell???

It is funded by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation based out of California.

Their opinions are definitely left-leaning.

To be honest, I doubt there is any non-biased source out there.

I'm not sure why you're going after Pew, but

-- Pew is not a site (Pew Research Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Pew Research Center is a think tank. Pew Charitable Trusts is an NGO. Pew Global Attitudes Project is chaired by Democrat Albright and Republican John Danforth.

-- Pew is not chaired by Madeleine Albright. Its president is Andrew Kohut (Andrew Kohut, President, Pew Research Center - Pew Research Center) who doesn't seem to have any connections to a political party.

-- William Hewlett seems to have been a life-long Republican, as are many Californians.

Why are you spreading misleading and counterfactual statements in a thread bemoaning how misinformed people are?

Pew is a liberal site chaired by Madeleine Albright. Does that name ring a bell???

It is funded by the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation based out of California.

-- Pew is not a site (Pew Research Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Pew Research Center is a think tank. Pew Charitable Trusts is an NGO. Pew Global Attitudes Project is chaired by Democrat Albright and Republican John Danforth.

-- Pew is not chaired by Madeleine Albright. Its president is Andrew Kohut (Andrew Kohut, President, Pew Research Center - Pew Research Center) who doesn't seem to have any connections to a political party.

-- William Hewlett seems to have been a life-long Republican, as are many Californians.

Why are you spreading misleading and counterfactual statements in a thread bemoaning how misinformed people are?

Are you arguing that Pew is not a left-leaning think tank? Really? Talk about misleading statements. Then again, when you're a progressive it's all about results. Have to break a few heads to make a revolution and all that.

Most Californians are not life-long Republicans.

William Hewlett is a liberal. He believes in liberal causes such as Global Warming. You would know this if you read the wiki entry for his foundation.

I did not say who the president was. I said who chaired the Pew Research Center.

Albright is a former Sec. of State under Clinton.

Oh, Danforth supported John Kerry in his run for President.

Last edited:

William Hewlett is a liberal. He believes in liberal causes such as Global Warming. You would know this if you read the wiki entry for his foundation.

I did not say who the president was. I said who chaired the Pew Research Center.

I agree that most Californians are not life-long Republicans. As I said, many are, and William Hewlett appears to have been.

I'm not sure in what sense William Hewlett was a "liberal". It's not a word associated with the NRSC, to which he gave money. I'm sure he was more liberal than you are, if that's what you mean.

Your use of the present tense to describe William Hewlett is inaccurate. He died over ten years ago, which is why I have not used the present tense to describe him.

You're right that you did not say who the president was. You said who chaired the Pew Research Center (specifically, you said it was Madeleine Albright). Nobody chairs the Pew Research Center, and Albright is not a member of its senior staff or governing board. Are you still claiming that Albright chairs the Pew Research Center?

I agree that most Californians are not life-long Republicans. As I said, many are, and William Hewlett appears to have been.

I'm not sure in what sense William Hewlett was a "liberal". It's not a word associated with the NRSC, to which he gave money. I'm sure he was more liberal than you are, if that's what you mean.

Your use of the present tense to describe William Hewlett is inaccurate. He died over ten years ago, which is why I have not used the present tense to describe him.

You're right that you did not say who the president was. You said who chaired the Pew Research Center (specifically, you said it was Madeleine Albright). Nobody chairs the Pew Research Center, and Albright is not a member of its senior staff or governing board. Are you still claiming that Albright chairs the Pew Research Center?

The Pew Research Center's work is carried out by seven projects:

Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life
Pew Global Attitudes Project
Pew Hispanic Center
Pew Internet and American Life Project
Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
Pew Social and Demographic Trends Project
Project for Excellence in Journalism

The Pew Global Attitudes Project is a series of worldwide public-opinion surveys and reports aimed at understanding worldwide attitudes on various issues. The Project is chaired by former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright and former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John Danforth.[4] The project is funded by the Pew Charitable Trusts, with a supplemental grant from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation

You're the one who mentioned that William Hewlett was a life-long Republican. His foundation still focuses on the same issues he did during his life.

The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation is a private foundation, established by Hewlett-Packard cofounder William Reddington Hewlett and his wife Flora Lamson Hewlett in 1967. The Foundation has grantmaking programs in education, the environment, global development, the performing arts, philanthropy, and population, and it also makes grants to aid disadvantaged communities in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Where the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation is located (San Francisco) is a dead giveaway.

Oh, and California has been in the hands of the Democrats for a couple of decades.....so I don't think you can convince me it's swimming with Republicans. Maybe back in the 70s, but not anymore.

Actually this is an attempt to deflect the debate. You can't face the fact that you used a liberal source. So you went to the trouble of putting my post under a microscope to find any flaw no matter the significance.

The Pew Research Center is not a trusted source because of their backing and those they employ. I've been reading some of their work and it's slanted way to the left.

Last edited:

What truth? You said hardly a single thing that was either true or false. In fact, you said hardly a single thing, period. Sure used a lot of words to say nothing, though.

Not at all. I found the whole thing quite amusing.

Oh, btw, try to shorten your responses cuz that is just too much crap to respond to.

Almost my entire post consisted of your words, not mine. You got a complaint about the length, I suggest you address it to the mirror.

There is no federal Department of Public Works. Which government within our federal system is Obama in charge of, once again?

What truth? You said hardly a single thing that was either true or false. In fact, you said hardly a single thing, period. Sure used a lot of words to say nothing, though.

Not at all. I found the whole thing quite amusing.

Almost my entire post consisted of your words, not mine. You got a complaint about the length, I suggest you address it to the mirror.

There is no federal Department of Public Works. Which government within our federal system is Obama in charge of, once again?

The Department of Public Works is the maintenance department or Engineer department on military posts and installations.

I've been working at my current post since 2003. I worked in the Department of Public Works at the 32nd Street Naval Shipyard in San Diego California back in the 80s for the Department of the Navy.

It falls under the Department of Defense. You know......the department Obama is in charge of.

Last edited:

The Pew Research Center's work is carried out by seven projects:

Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life
Pew Global Attitudes Project
Pew Hispanic Center
Pew Internet and American Life Project
Pew Research Center for the People and the Press
Pew Social and Demographic Trends Project
Project for Excellence in Journalism

The Pew Global Attitudes Project is a series of worldwide public-opinion surveys and reports aimed at understanding worldwide attitudes on various issues. The Project is chaired by former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright and former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations John Danforth.[4] The project is funded by the Pew Charitable Trusts, with a supplemental grant from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation

You're the one who mentioned that William Hewlett was a life-long Republican.....I said that he believes in or believed in liberal causes. His foundation still focuses on the same issues he did during his life. Seems to have been a life-long Republican does not have the same exact meaning as was a life-long Republican.

The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation is a private foundation, established by Hewlett-Packard cofounder William Reddington Hewlett and his wife Flora Lamson Hewlett in 1967. The Foundation has grantmaking programs in education, the environment, global development, the performing arts, philanthropy, and population, and it also makes grants to aid disadvantaged communities in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Where the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation is located (San Francisco) is a dead giveaway as well.

Oh, and California has been in the hands of the Democrats for a couple of decades.....so I don't think you can convince me it's swimming with Republicans. Maybe back in the 70s, but not anymore.

Actually this is an attempt to deflect the debate. You can't face the fact that you used a liberal source. So you went to the trouble of putting my post under a microscope to find any flaw no matter the significance.

The Pew Research Center is not a trusted source because of their backing and those they employ.

And it doesnt matter what the views of the founder were. The Ford Foundation is one of the most liberal institutions in philanthropy but Henry Ford wsa hardly a progressive.

The Department of Public Works is the maintenance department in military posts and installations.

I've been working at my current post since 2003. I worked in the Department of Public Works at the 32nd Street Naval Shipyard in San Diego California back in the 80s.

You mean the DIRECTORATE of Public Works, maybe? These guys? Directorate of Public Works

Given that you got the name wrong, I have my doubts that you've really been working for them since the 1980s.

You're the one who mentioned that William Hewlett was a life-long Republican.....I said that he believes in or believed in liberal causes. His foundation still focuses on the same issues he did during his life. Seems to have been a life-long Republican does not have the same exact meaning as was a life-long Republican.

Where the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation is located (San Francisco) is a dead giveaway as well.

The Pew Research Center is not a trusted source because of their backing and those they employ.

And it doesnt matter what the views of the founder were. The Ford Foundation is one of the most liberal institutions in philanthropy but Henry Ford wsa hardly a progressive.

Actually Hewlett was merely donating to the cause. He wasn't the main benefactor.

Forum List

Back