The media needs to stop lying about Trump

From that Right Wing Rag, Salon of all places. An odd burst of, I don't want to call it journalistic Integrity...

How about Less Hypocrisy?

The media needs to stop telling this lie about Donald Trump. I’m a Sanders supporter — and value honesty

It’s time to start cleaning up the mess of misinterpretations about Donald Trump.

Back in June, I first saw Mr. Trump announcing his candidacy for president. What he said about unauthorized immigrants seemed ridiculous so I laughed. I showed the video to friends, and I laughed again. His words were poorly chosen.

But something worse happened. People interpreted Trump’s words in the most awful and offensive ways.

In one of my courses, at the University of Texas at Austin, I asked my students: “What has Donald Trump said that you found most offensive?” One student raised her hand high: “He said that all Mexicans are rapists.” I asked a coworker the same question. He replied: “He said that all Mexican immigrants are rapists.”

I explained that Trump said no such thing. This is what Trump said:

“When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. […] When Mexico sends its people they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you; they’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.”

Similarly, other news sources misrepresented his words in offensive ways:

The New York Times: “Trump’s claim that illegal Mexican immigrants are ‘rapists.”

Time Magazine: “Trump’s comment that Mexican immigrants are ‘rapists.’”

Associated Press: “Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals”

CBS News: “Trump defends calling Mexican immigrants ‘rapists.’”

L.A. Times: “describing Mexican immigrants as ‘rapists.’”

Fortune: “in a speech branding Mexican immigrants as criminals and rapists.”

Hollywood Reporter: “he referred to Mexican immigrants as ‘rapists.’”

Huffington Post: “He called Latino immigrants ‘criminals’ and ‘rapists.’”

The Washington Post: “He referred to Mexicans as “rapists.”

In Texas, roughly 529 foreigners per year were accused of committing murder. Plus, the FBI reports that 36% of homicides nationwide remain unsolved.

These crime rates are staggering and offensive. None of the women and men who were killed in by unauthorized immigrants in Texas would have died if the murderers had not entered the U.S. illegally.

These are not just words. Pause for a moment to think about a Texas woman whose husband was murdered one night. Think about parents who never saw their son again because he was murdered. Think of the thousands of families standing at the cemeteries.

I guess even a lib can stumble over the truth once and a while. Maybe he was in the midst of a bad trip?

you're delusional.

and dishonest

And may I add, a "documented" idiot.

true
Correll simply can't play by decent standards. He loses when he does.

From that Right Wing Rag, Salon of all places. An odd burst of, I don't want to call it journalistic Integrity...

The media needs to stop telling this lie about Donald Trump. I’m a Sanders supporter — and value honesty

It’s time to start cleaning up the mess of misinterpretations about Donald Trump.

Back in June, I first saw Mr. Trump announcing his candidacy for president. What he said about unauthorized immigrants seemed ridiculous so I laughed. I showed the video to friends, and I laughed again. His words were poorly chosen.

But something worse happened. People interpreted Trump’s words in the most awful and offensive ways.

In one of my courses, at the University of Texas at Austin, I asked my students: “What has Donald Trump said that you found most offensive?” One student raised her hand high: “He said that all Mexicans are rapists.” I asked a coworker the same question. He replied: “He said that all Mexican immigrants are rapists.”

“When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. […] When Mexico sends its people they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you; they’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.”

The New York Times: “Trump’s claim that illegal Mexican immigrants are ‘rapists.”

In Texas, roughly 529 foreigners per year were accused of committing murder. Plus, the FBI reports that 36% of homicides nationwide remain unsolved.

These crime rates are staggering and offensive. None of the women and men who were killed in by unauthorized immigrants in Texas would have died if the murderers had not entered the U.S. illegally.

These are not just words. Pause for a moment to think about a Texas woman whose husband was murdered one night. Think about parents who never saw their son again because he was murdered. Think of the thousands of families standing at the cemeteries.

I guess even a lib can stumble over the truth once and a while. Maybe he was in the midst of a bad trip?

you're delusional.

and dishonest

true

his brain doesn't work very well

You mean that Trump cannot control the media, yet he campaigns as if he can control about everything, and now he's whining he can't control the media?

you're delusional.

and dishonest

I made a serious OP with a link to a well written article.

You response was nothing but personal attacks.

Screw you.

Well....he did say that some are good people.

LOL

What a dupe.

Trying to make it clear to you morons that he was not saying "ALL MEXICANS" or even "ALL ILLEGALS".

But you libs just lie no matter what.

Oh whaaaaa. Misquoting is a conservative staple. You can dish it out but you can't take it . Thins trump stuff is tame compared to rights lies.

Give me the example you were thinking of when you wrote that.

you're delusional.

and dishonest

Hey buddy. A late Christmas present, for you

:321::asshole:

You mean that Trump cannot control the media, yet he campaigns as if he can control about everything, and now he's whining he can't control the media?

Your post has nothing to do with the OP or the topic.

The Op is a member of the liberal media, FROM SALON realizing that the media "needs to stop lying about Trump".

THe writer is a Sanders support.

YOur post was, to be completely honest, completely ignorant.

The media gives Trump so much coverage he doesn't even have a need to pay for advertising. I don't think that he or his supporters have much grounds for complaining about the media misrepresenting him. They broadcast his words directly just about every day.

And his followers characterize that as "because he's a good businessman!"

They seem to think he's going to march into the Oval Office, shout "You're fired!" to everyone in Congress, empty the Treasury, and start throwing money out the windows, and they're going to be there to catch it.

Actually, form what I've read, structuring high risk investments so that they can just fail and not take anything else with them is "good" business practice.

you're delusional.

and dishonest

true

I posted a OP with a link to a well written article from SALON, and the response these pinheads have to the point, is to call me names.

THat is not me losing. THat is them being asses.

And of course you rush forward to join them.

The media gives Trump so much coverage he doesn't even have a need to pay for advertising. I don't think that he or his supporters have much grounds for co

mplaining about the media misrepresenting him. They broadcast his words directly just about every day.

The OP shows multiple examples of how they do "misrepresent" or LIE about them.

LOL

What a dupe.

Trying to make it clear to you morons that he was not saying "ALL MEXICANS" or even "ALL ILLEGALS".

Oh whaaaaa. Misquoting is a conservative staple. You can dish it out but you can't take it . Thins trump stuff is tame compared to rights lies.

"Isis is contained " is a recent one .

LOL

What a dupe.

"Isis is contained " is a recent one .

Obviously ISIS wasn't contained given a few hours later Paris happened.

Forum List

Back