The media needs to stop lying about Trump

Correll

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2015
From that Right Wing Rag, Salon of all places. An odd burst of, I don't want to call it journalistic Integrity...

How about Less Hypocrisy?

The media needs to stop telling this lie about Donald Trump. I’m a Sanders supporter — and value honesty

It’s time to start cleaning up the mess of misinterpretations about Donald Trump.

Back in June, I first saw Mr. Trump announcing his candidacy for president. What he said about unauthorized immigrants seemed ridiculous so I laughed. I showed the video to friends, and I laughed again. His words were poorly chosen.

But something worse happened. People interpreted Trump’s words in the most awful and offensive ways.

In one of my courses, at the University of Texas at Austin, I asked my students: “What has Donald Trump said that you found most offensive?” One student raised her hand high: “He said that all Mexicans are rapists.” I asked a coworker the same question. He replied: “He said that all Mexican immigrants are rapists.”

I explained that Trump said no such thing. This is what Trump said:

“When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. […] When Mexico sends its people they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you; they’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.”

Similarly, other news sources misrepresented his words in offensive ways:

The New York Times: “Trump’s claim that illegal Mexican immigrants are ‘rapists.”

Time Magazine: “Trump’s comment that Mexican immigrants are ‘rapists.’”

Associated Press: “Trump called Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals”

CBS News: “Trump defends calling Mexican immigrants ‘rapists.’”

L.A. Times: “describing Mexican immigrants as ‘rapists.’”

Fortune: “in a speech branding Mexican immigrants as criminals and rapists.”

Hollywood Reporter: “he referred to Mexican immigrants as ‘rapists.’”

Huffington Post: “He called Latino immigrants ‘criminals’ and ‘rapists.’”

The Washington Post: “He referred to Mexicans as “rapists.”

In Texas, roughly 529 foreigners per year were accused of committing murder. Plus, the FBI reports that 36% of homicides nationwide remain unsolved.

These crime rates are staggering and offensive. None of the women and men who were killed in by unauthorized immigrants in Texas would have died if the murderers had not entered the U.S. illegally.

These are not just words. Pause for a moment to think about a Texas woman whose husband was murdered one night. Think about parents who never saw their son again because he was murdered. Think of the thousands of families standing at the cemeteries.

I guess even a lib can stumble over the truth once and a while. Maybe he was in the midst of a bad trip?

From that Right Wing Rag, Salon of all places. An odd burst of, I don't want to call it journalistic Integrity...

The media needs to stop telling this lie about Donald Trump. I’m a Sanders supporter — and value honesty

It’s time to start cleaning up the mess of misinterpretations about Donald Trump.

Back in June, I first saw Mr. Trump announcing his candidacy for president. What he said about unauthorized immigrants seemed ridiculous so I laughed. I showed the video to friends, and I laughed again. His words were poorly chosen.

But something worse happened. People interpreted Trump’s words in the most awful and offensive ways.

In one of my courses, at the University of Texas at Austin, I asked my students: “What has Donald Trump said that you found most offensive?” One student raised her hand high: “He said that all Mexicans are rapists.” I asked a coworker the same question. He replied: “He said that all Mexican immigrants are rapists.”

“When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. […] When Mexico sends its people they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you; they’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.”

The New York Times: “Trump’s claim that illegal Mexican immigrants are ‘rapists.”

In Texas, roughly 529 foreigners per year were accused of committing murder. Plus, the FBI reports that 36% of homicides nationwide remain unsolved.

These crime rates are staggering and offensive. None of the women and men who were killed in by unauthorized immigrants in Texas would have died if the murderers had not entered the U.S. illegally.

These are not just words. Pause for a moment to think about a Texas woman whose husband was murdered one night. Think about parents who never saw their son again because he was murdered. Think of the thousands of families standing at the cemeteries.

I guess even a lib can stumble over the truth once and a while. Maybe he was in the midst of a bad trip?

Fortunately we have the internet to check it out for ourselves and Trump rises in the polls.

Fortunately we have the internet to check it out for ourselves and Trump rises in the polls.

I think more and more Americas are realizing the Media is a bunch of Partisan liars and that they have noticed that every name the media calls Trump, the media has called THEM at some point.

Trump lied several times, trust has been broken.

He doesn't give a shit because his audience doesn't give a shit .................. yet.

Trump lied several times, trust has been broken.

He doesn't give a shit because his audience doesn't give a shit .................. yet.

Got anything to say about the OP (which you obviously didn't read) or the topic?

Hell, I would think the fact that I was linking to salon would be interesting enough to be worth a look.

I only trust Fox News.

:bow3:

:lmao:

From Salon, which you actually trust.

"It’s time to start cleaning up the mess of misinterpretations about Donald Trump.

“When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. […] When Mexico sends its people they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you; they’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.” "

Do you support the media lying to US about what our presidential candidates actually say?

I only trust Fox News.

"It’s time to start cleaning up the mess of misinterpretations about Donald Trump.

“When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. […] When Mexico sends its people they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you; they’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists, and some, I assume, are good people. But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting.” "

Do you support the media lying to US about what our presidential candidates actually say?

already read that.

I consider the media an entertainment source, nothing more, nothing less.

ergo, I could care less about a salon article.

Trump HAS lied, and he will lie again.

end of story

Trump is a narcissistic, arrogant, egomaniac that has the GOP by the shorthairs. And I laugh and I laugh and.....:woohoo:

I only trust Fox News.

already read that.

end of story

The topic here is the actions of the Media. If you don't care about the media, then what are you doing in this thread?

I agree, truth about Trump is bad enough
The vast majority of the Media seems to disagree with you.
The media seems to agree with me that Trump is bad. That's the take away. Also, that you don't get sarcasm.

"Sarcasm"? Were you joking when you said "the truth is bad enough"?

THe media seems to think it has to or should lie to the American people about what Trump says.

Do you support that?

Trump is a narcissistic, arrogant, egomaniac that has the GOP by the shorthairs. And I laugh and I laugh and.....:woohoo:

Trump is an outsider who has the GOP establishment by the short hairs.

The base is loving him.

You keep laughing.

The base is loving him.

You keep laughing.

You call the nutjobs in the Trump crowd the "base?"

So it is not the base that is having the closed door meetings tring to figure out how to stop him? Who is holding the meetings?

The base is loving him.

You keep laughing.

You call the nutjobs in the Trump crowd the "base?"

So it is not the base that is having the closed door meetings tring to figure out how to stop him? Who is holding the meetings?

The "base" by definition is too many people to be in a closed door meeting. Dumb ass.

It is the GOP Establishment that is having those meetings. They don't want an outsider coming in and upsetting their nice cozy set up.

I only trust Fox News.

already read that.

end of story

The topic here is the actions of the Media. If you don't care about the media, then what are you doing in this thread?

it's a public board I can be on any thread I want.

Forum List

Back