The Last Bastion Of Ancient God Worship

I was sentenced to a church school at the age of five for the crime of existence. I'll agree both with the point about superior teaching (depending on the definition of "superior") and with the point about child abuse. Both are true. I didn't call it school, I called it "prison" and still do.

On point one, I noticed when I escaped and got into a public school for 7th grade, everything they were teaching was stuff I already knew from prison. And on point two, it made me hate every moment of every day, from literally the first day of first grade to literally high school graduation. Twelve years I'll never get back.

I don't remember Creationism taught as a matter of science, maybe because that particular degree of dumbdown hadn't been invented yet. But I do remember it being taught, right from first grade, and that was the exact point where I was given the gift of a nose for bullshit which opened the door for me to leave the religion.

Curiously I had an occasion to return to the old neighborhood this summer after not having been there at least 25 years. I knew everything would look different and sure enough, everything did, new buildings, new roads, new looks for old buildings... the one thing that hadn't changed at all and looked exactly like it did in the 1950s -- was the prison. It really would make my day to watch a bomb hit it.

Why are you sharing this with us?

:confused:

It is the topic, is it not? And this is a message board, is it not?
It's what they call a "case history", and all true. So sue me.

Whether or not you personally enjoyed and liked your parochial school? No, I don't believe that's the topic here. You have us confused with your group counseling session.

Cammmpbell's topic is ALWAYS his personal hatred of all things Christian. Everyone else's topic tends to be what a lunatic Cammmpbell is. I can't see you as a "case history" of either topic. Even if you accept Cammmpbell's nominal topic - Christians don't teach real academics to their children - at face value, rather than the thinly-veiled rant against Christianity that it is, your post still doesn't work as a "case history".

Now, had you told us that your parochial school taught you that thunderstorms are the gods having a bowling tournament or something, THAT would have served as a "case history" of Cammmpbell's topic, although it also would have gotten you called a liar.

:confused:

It is the topic, is it not? And this is a message board, is it not?
It's what they call a "case history", and all true. So sue me.

Whether or not you personally enjoyed and liked your parochial school? No, I don't believe that's the topic here. You have us confused with your group counseling session.

Cammmpbell's topic is ALWAYS his personal hatred of all things Christian. Everyone else's topic tends to be what a lunatic Cammmpbell is. I can't see you as a "case history" of either topic. Even if you accept Cammmpbell's nominal topic - Christians don't teach real academics to their children - at face value, rather than the thinly-veiled rant against Christianity that it is, your post still doesn't work as a "case history".

Now, had you told us that your parochial school taught you that thunderstorms are the gods having a bowling tournament or something, THAT would have served as a "case history" of Cammmpbell's topic, although it also would have gotten you called a liar.

Sorry but what I see here is complete non sequitur. I read the OP, I contributed what I know from personal experience. That's it. Waiter, check please.

Who "Cammmmmmmmbell" is is arcane info I would have no way to know since I've been here four hours. I'm not here for a soap opera; I'm here for dialogue. I read an OP and I take it at face value. Period.

But let me know who's forcing you to read my post over and over and I'll be sure to write them a strongly worded letter complete with :eusa_naughty:

Sheesh.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back